Aerieearned bits
offlinecurrently
Aerie
Aerie Avatar
sometimes we ball, sometimes we fall.
PHIMBO Avatar
good ol one piece

or something shounen O_o

i've been asking the old heads for a OP rp to no avail...

WHEN
hover by teya & icon by あじゅじ
256written posts
The Lawearned bits
offlinecurrently
The Law
The Law Avatar
After watching The Creator last weekend and noticing how the design aesthetics of the movie had throwbacks to 80/90's cyberpunk/sci-fi anime such as Akira, Ghost in the Shell and Appleseed, is it wrong to be hankering for an animanga-themed cyberpunk RP set in a Southeast Asian metropolis? It could either be a futuristic version of a real-life city (I.e. Bangkok, Manila, etc.), or it could be a fictional city. (I.e. Roanapur from Black Lagoon, Madripoor from Marvel comics, etc.)

Just thought it would be cool to RP in a futuristic Southeast Asian metropolis with a sizable posthuman (I.e. Cyborgs, androids, Gene-spliced, etc.) population.
256written posts
The Lawearned bits
offlinecurrently
The Law
The Law Avatar
Animanga superhero RPs aren't exactly uncommon (And I imagine with Shy getting an anime adaptation, we might be seeing another resurgence in superhero RPs, no less), but what about an animanga supervillain RP (in a world without superheroes)? Though there's a catch; you're not restricted to playing baddies. The premise I imagined would be that it's a world where the emergence of supers is a fairly recent event, and for whatever reason the Powers That Be really, really, hate supers. So while one can technically play good guys, but the thing is that since the world hates supers, you're going to be viewed as a villain regardless in the eyes of the general public. So I imagine a lot of the plots will revolve around newly-awakened supers having to struggle with the moral dilemma of whether to use their powers for good to challenge the prevailing narrative that supers are evil, or to just indulge in their power fantasies and in the process, prove the anti-super propaganda correct.
pronounshe/him
33written posts
crunchearned bits
offlinecurrently
crunch
crunch Avatar
The Law Avatar
Animanga superhero RPs aren't exactly uncommon (And I imagine with Shy getting an anime adaptation, we might be seeing another resurgence in superhero RPs, no less), but what about an animanga supervillain RP (in a world without superheroes)? Though there's a catch; you're not restricted to playing baddies. The premise I imagined would be that it's a world where the emergence of supers is a fairly recent event, and for whatever reason the Powers That Be really, really, hate supers. So while one can technically play good guys, but the thing is that since the world hates supers, you're going to be viewed as a villain regardless in the eyes of the general public. So I imagine a lot of the plots will revolve around newly-awakened supers having to struggle with the moral dilemma of whether to use their powers for good to challenge the prevailing narrative that supers are evil, or to just indulge in their power fantasies and in the process, prove the anti-super propaganda correct.
x-men type beat