pronounsShe/Her
669written posts
NIGHTBLOOMearned bits
offlinecurrently
NIGHTBLOOM
Part of the Furniture
NIGHTBLOOM Avatar
so it goes.
That was my only goal with the current skin on my site. I NEEDED large font. My eyes are terrible and I hate having to use the zoom on my browser.

As for a confession... I've coded on and off for years and I still don't know the difference between px and pt??

coming soon.
phantom of the black parade
pronounsshe / her pronouns
4,238written posts
Kuroyaearned bits
offlinecurrently
Kuroya
Part of the Furniture
Kuroya Avatar
at this, the world's end, do we cast off tomorrow~!
NIGHTBLOOM Avatar
As for a confession... I've coded on and off for years and I still don't know the difference between px and pt??

i've found that pt is actually bigger than px (so having 10px font is smaller than having 10pt font) and i think pt scales in screen resolutions / screen sizes since i've had things where, like, header designs in pt have broken on the desktop view on my phone since the font is "bigger" or where my board descriptions remain legible on desktop view from my phone since it's in pt rather than px.

but i'm also not an expert so i could be talking out of my rear for all i know tbeh-

stultifera navis
aliasnines
pronounsshe/her
538written posts
ninelieearned bits
offlinecurrently
ninelie
Part of the Furniture
ninelie Avatar
VOLITION [Medium: Success]
I'm hitting the big 30 club this year, everything needs to be a minimum 12px. Preferably 14px for me.
pronounsfeminine
383written posts
idindinearned bits
offlinecurrently
idindin
idindin Avatar
i was supposed to code a post template to get a feel of ~designing~ but then it ended up being a thread tracker?? i prefer to code more than write now but this tracker thing is making me want to make more characters that i can't even handle ishgisodhg

the culprit: not enough hours in the day is2g
4,238written posts
Kuroyaearned bits
offlinecurrently
Kuroya
Part of the Furniture
Kuroya Avatar
me: oh this is actually coming out super nice, i'm kind of proud of i-

me, five seconds later, upon seeing how many gorgeous skins are out there: jk nvm time to throw everything in the garbage and give up cuz i can't compete with that nor do i think i can even try

แ••( แ› )แ•—
aliasthat bitch.
pronouns"that bitch" still works tbh (any OK!)
551written posts
selkieearned bits
offlinecurrently
selkie
Part of the Furniture
selkie Avatar
a verb in perfect view.
can flexbox gap in safari please come h o m e i dont want to be "cross compatible" i want to be lazy
weeping omens advertisement

all my proboards templates require the style tags plugin!
aliasvee, vivi
pronounsany / they
659written posts
valkaearned bits
offlinecurrently
valka
Administrator
valka Avatar
do u know... la-hee?

i miss coding a lot ๐Ÿ˜ญ that's my confession. i really wanna get back into skinning in particular but skin designs i'm happy with are really hard LMAO

if you think i haven't been keeping up with pp, think again
212written posts
sielearned bits
offlinecurrently
siel
siel Avatar
Kuroya Avatar
me: oh this is actually coming out super nice, i'm kind of proud of i-

me, five seconds later, upon seeing how many gorgeous skins are out there: jk nvm time to throw everything in the garbage and give up cuz i can't compete with that nor do i think i can even try

not that you asked for my pushy unsolicited grandma at the bus stop advice BUT

try showing your skin to a few people. you might be surprised by how much your unique aesthetic is valued and maybe it'll encourage you to carry those designs to fruition.

like honestly i feel like a basic bitch skinner a lot of the time, but i try to remind myself that other people might see value in my stuff even if i can't see it myself.
4,238written posts
Kuroyaearned bits
offlinecurrently
Kuroya
Part of the Furniture
Kuroya Avatar
siel Avatar
not that you asked for my pushy unsolicited grandma at the bus stop advice BUT

try showing your skin to a few people. you might be surprised by how much your unique aesthetic is valued and maybe it'll encourage you to carry those designs to fruition.

like honestly i feel like a basic bitch skinner a lot of the time, but i try to remind myself that other people might see value in my stuff even if i can't see it myself.

oh yeah no, i typically do show off my skins to a handful of friends as i work, and it's rare for me to not get positive feedback for it - honestly, i'm actually decently confident in my skinning skills when the stars align and give me a nice design.

it's just understandably nerve-wracking when i'm not working with that divine inspiration, especially when i'm trying to skin in a genre that has very high-quality aesthetics to try to live up to if you want to be competitive l-lmfao-

932written posts
gimmickearned bits
offlinecurrently
gimmick
Part of the Furniture
gimmick Avatar
All birds and men are sure to die but songs may live forever
I have a browser extension for applying custom override css to sites. If the text doesnโ€™t work for my terrible eyesight, or something doesnโ€™t work for my browser size, I change it. Itโ€™s more reliable than zooming in and out and affecting the ENTIRE layout
write a reply

QUICK REPLY

WRITE YOUR POST DOWN BELOW