887written posts
bcearned bits
offlinecurrently
bc
Summer '19 Bingo Completionist
bc Avatar
this is my murder mittens ^-^
gimmick Avatar
Images are nice and all but having to prepare filler images is such a pain in the ass. The real reason I use cover sizing in every conceivable image slot.

cover sizing is a live-style :peperelax:

. unrelated
i need someone 2 tell me no whenever i think up far too complicated codes that were so beyond what i initially intended to make like no love do not eat more cookies you’re going to get a stomachache
aliaspor, sef, jdawg
pronounsshe | her
548written posts
porsefearned bits
offlinecurrently
porsef
Part of the Furniture
porsef Avatar
chichi wo moge
bc Avatar
gimmick Avatar
Images are nice and all but having to prepare filler images is such a pain in the ass. The real reason I use cover sizing in every conceivable image slot.

. unrelated
i need someone 2 tell me no whenever i think up far too complicated codes that were so beyond what i initially intended to make like no love do not eat more cookies you’re going to get a stomachache

what if i... joined you in this torture? : )
pronounsshe/her
404written posts
scyllaearned bits
offlinecurrently
scylla
scylla Avatar
bc Avatar
gimmick Avatar

. unrelated

bc no
aliasdismay
pronounsshe/her
445written posts
fossaearned bits
offlinecurrently
fossa
fossa Avatar
he's suppose to be DEAD
this is more a coding pet peeve --

please don't use inline styles when ur making a skin. they make everything 900x harder to read and even harder to tweak later on. if ur not sure what i mean, i mean pls don't do div style="color:red;". a longer read on it here but ya don't do it!! it looks easier & faster but it's a lie! a trick!!!
pronounshe/him
789written posts
illidan mainearned bits
offlinecurrently
illidan main
Part of the Furniture
illidan main Avatar
fossa Avatar
this is more a coding pet peeve --

please don't use inline styles when ur making a skin. they make everything 900x harder to read and even harder to tweak later on. if ur not sure what i mean, i mean pls don't do div style="color:red;". a longer read on it here but ya don't do it!! it looks easier & faster but it's a lie! a trick!!!
sadly inline styles are the only way i've found certain things to work on jcink, namely image inputs lmao. Otherwise I just get the constant repeating glitch.

background-image: <!--field 1--> are the only things i use them for tho but like every other solution I've tried just Does Not Work.

avatar and hover by phobic art, commissioned for me
α••( ᐛ )α•—
aliasthat bitch.
pronouns"that bitch" still works tbh (any OK!)
551written posts
selkieearned bits
offlinecurrently
selkie
Part of the Furniture
selkie Avatar
a verb in perfect view.
illidan main Avatar
sadly inline styles are the only way i've found certain things to work on jcink, namely image inputs lmao. Otherwise I just get the constant repeating glitch.

background-image: <!--field 1--> are the only things i use them for tho but like every other solution I've tried just Does Not Work.
for w/e its worth the sentiment that i think fossa's trying 2 express is that it's best practice to not use inline styling unless there's legit no way to do what ur trying to do in the CSS (which for the record i agree w 100% LMFAO, keep ur HTML clean kids you'll thank yourself for it later)

but bc jcink is Like That you legit can't access its skinning variables anywhere that's not the html so tbh you're fine && imo that's one of those 'i do love jcink but oh man was this forum host sure developed by one guy who's a backend developer' things u kinda just gotta either (1) put in a genuine feature request for on jcink or (2) work around, which is the option i have also chosen for my own dev work LMAO so ur gucci IMO 
last edit on Dec 31, 2021 20:36:46 GMT by selkie
weeping omens advertisement

all my proboards templates require the style tags plugin!
pronounshe/him
789written posts
illidan mainearned bits
offlinecurrently
illidan main
Part of the Furniture
illidan main Avatar
selkie Avatar
illidan main Avatar

for w/e its worth the sentiment that i think fossa's trying 2 express is that it's best practice to not use inline styling unless there's legit no way to do what ur trying to do in the CSS (which for the record i agree w 100% LMFAO, keep ur HTML clean kids you'll thank yourself for it later)

but bc jcink is Like That you legit can't access its skinning variables anywhere that's not the html so tbh you're fine && imo that's one of those 'i do love jcink but oh man was this forum host sure developed by one guy who's a backend developer' things u kinda just gotta either (1) put in a genuine feature request for on jcink or (2) work around, which is the option i have also chosen for my own dev work LMAO so ur gucci IMO 
oh fair

tho i'll confess my sins: i use inline styles and then convert them to imported styles all the time i'm a disgusting coder--

avatar and hover by phobic art, commissioned for me
praise the cats!
aliasthomas, breezescodes
pronounshe/him
887written posts
bcearned bits
offlinecurrently
bc
bc Avatar
illidan main Avatar
tho i'll confess my sins: i use inline styles and then convert them to imported styles all the time i'm a disgusting coder--

I don’t necessarily start out my codes with inline, but i also don’t generally employ line breaks and stuff in my sheets. This is mainly because once it gets really long, the lagging is insufferable, so for skins @ least I generally keep pretty minimized in the stylesheet
last edit on Jan 1, 2022 8:49:01 GMT by bc
0written posts
Deletedearned bits
offlinecurrently
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
Mari Avatar
I want to learn how to skin for jcink and make like public free to use skins, but I feel like my coding is too messy and my "style" isn't exactly good 😭

Do it anyway
Everyone knows the best time to develop your style is exactly five seconds after you just spent l i t e r a l d a y s finishing something entirely different
frog on the floor
aliasfreiheit, microwaved burrito
pronounsany
1,539written posts
pharaoh leapearned bits
offlinecurrently
pharaoh leap
Administrator
pharaoh leap Avatar
i've been having some pretty dark thoughts.
Mari Avatar
I want to learn how to skin for jcink and make like public free to use skins, but I feel like my coding is too messy and my "style" isn't exactly good 😭

Nonsense! If that's something you wanna do, go for it 100%! In this house, we support all coders. πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘ If you're worried about messy code, it's a relatively easy fix to get into more organized practices and will generally be helpful even in your own personal codes down the line. And if you're worried about style - don't be. Striving to improve is always commendable, but there's a place in the community for everyone's coding, new or old, unique or not. You've got this!
praise the cats!
aliasthomas, breezescodes
pronounshe/him
887written posts
bcearned bits
offlinecurrently
bc
bc Avatar
Mari Avatar

i dont believe in organised codes only the illusion of such. (seriously, i highly encourage you to code anyway even if you don't think your codes look. style is a thing that's developed, typically after creating dozens of horrendous, eye-searing codes that probably belong in hell. we also tend to overestimate other people's standards tbh so like, yeah, if you want to code go wild)
write a reply

QUICK REPLY

WRITE YOUR POST DOWN BELOW