1,328written posts
offlinecurrently
add the regression tag
Part of the Furniture
add the regression tag Avatar
emotional over wallace event/alt
ace. Avatar
:thinking:

1. utena ~ 12/10 art direction/plot/characters/theming/etc. etc. etc.
felt like it was made for Me specifically.

2. kare kano ~ just goated. the comedy's nice & i like how the main relationship develops. mc's not a boring doormat either.

kaiba ~ made me cry a few times, so it's good. plus i love cyberpunk and body horror.

bochi ~ fun animation. good gags.

psycho pass ~ the world building was great & i love akane and watching akane's ideals get akane into troubleย 

bonus

carried by the wind ~ idk it's funny. plus the mc's a handsome woman (& i love those)

Here to shout i know kaiba

Watched it back in the crunchyroll days

I think i was 15. I was into deep philosophical crap growing up :))
local boogeyman
aliasbex, jeepers cats
pronounsshe/any
729written posts
sister ghoulearned bits
onlinecurrently
sister ghoul
Part of the Furniture
sister ghoul Avatar
they pull the axe out your face and say "was it the boogeyman?"
in no particular order bc thinking is hard

1. fma brotherhood
2. dorohedoro
3. parasyte
4. naoki urasawa's monster
5. jojo's bizarre adventure
last edit on Oct 29, 2023 3:53:42 GMT by sister ghoul

the narrative
aliasCel, Nightlock
pronounsShe/They
706written posts
CELearned bits
offlinecurrently
CEL
Part of the Furniture
CEL Avatar
mankind, be vigilant; we loved you.
1. fma brotherhood โ€” i have too many feelings about this one, it's almost funny. wrote an entire 14-page paper about edward elric and atheism for my theology class in uni and got an A for it. genuinely one of those "if there's any show you have to see at least once, it's this" kind of recommendations i'd give

2. mob psycho 100 โ€” still need to finish s3 but i got into this one years after i left the anime sphere. just incredible. i adore it sm.

3. fate/zero โ€” of all the fate/ material out there, this one was on another level, hot take. even if i do have issue with how it treats female characters but that's for another day

4. soul eater โ€” it definitely didn't age well imo, but i still love this one to death. it's aesthetics, style, plot, characters (disregarding how it treats female characters too that's,,,, a long rabbithole), and music are easily some of the closest to my heart.

5. angel beats โ€” looking back, i wouldn't be surprised if it's mid tbh but when i was into it, i was Very into it. the premise and characters were rlly close to my heart, same with the music. it was my comfort show for the longest time i rewatched it like, almost concerningly often way back then.

coming soon.
aliaspor, sef, jdawg
pronounsshe | her
526written posts
porsefearned bits
offlinecurrently
porsef
Part of the Furniture
porsef Avatar
chichi wo moge
1. inuyasha
2. yu yu hakusho
3. jojo's bizarre adventure
4. bleach
5. magi: the labyrinth of magic

special mentions for loveless because while having very wrong romantic age gaps among other questionable themes โ€” it a really neat soulmate magic system that i'd love to see implemented in an rp.
kmsdvlajvkefk
aliastanzaku, tanz, tan-tan, egao, protag, chapel, tbotc
pronounsshe/her
1,328written posts
offlinecurrently
add the regression tag
Part of the Furniture
add the regression tag Avatar
emotional over wallace event/alt
porsef Avatar
special mentions for loveless because while having very wrong romantic age gaps among other questionable themes โ€” it a really neat soulmate magic system that i'd love to see implemented in an rp.

I first encountered loveless as a fresh 13 year old high school catholic kid introduced to it by my bl loving senior in the drama club. At that time anime wasnt mainstream and meeting a fellow anime fan back then is guaranteed a new friend. She shoved me her entire burned cd collection of it subbed and when i watched it my ace ass was just oooooo okay.

Needless to say my adhd ass forgot to return it and it still exists somewhere in my old room
aliasJinny
26written posts
jinsyteaearned bits
offlinecurrently
jinsytea
jinsytea Avatar
There is no genie in a lamp here.
Darker Than Black - Cool premise, love the mechanics of the abilities, the lore. Just a super cool world.
Slayers - I still love this show and go back to it all the time. Super derpy, super fun. Just a good time.
Nabari no Ou - I don't know, I just really like super sad stuff.
Naruto - Probably my biggest and longest anime obsession so it would be terrible of me not to include it, even if I'm not as big a fan as I once was.
Fushigi Yugi - My best friend and I have a running gag with this anime. Also Tasuki was probably my first anime crush.