Favorite Line from your Last Post

aliasSola
pronounsthey/he
205written posts
Solaearned bits
offlinecurrently
Sola
Sola Avatar
Tell me which you dread more ; the echo or the answer?
Laughter rose from his chest, like a balloon being released into the sky.

His eyes flashed dangerously, despondent laughter bubbling from the back of his throat.

Writing how Sou laughs hollowly is so much fun, I love finding different metaphors. There was another one where it was like lava hissing from his throat, but I can't find it. 
aliasSola
pronounsthey/he
205written posts
Solaearned bits
offlinecurrently
Sola
Sola Avatar
Tell me which you dread more ; the echo or the answer?
Raucous dissonant despondent howls of laughter sounded in Sou's ear. He didn't have to turn his head to know that his shadow had manifested in the peripherals of his vision. Snarling at him with a devilish Cheshire grin and moving just in the way that reminded him so much of Midori of all people.
Since when did you want to be her savior? It snarled.

Under a spoiler for a Hallucinations tw, but I am really proud of my latest post for Sou.
aliasBremusa
pronounsShe/They/Mew
50written posts
Bremusaearned bits
offlinecurrently
Bremusa
Bremusa Avatar
they would find each other in any universe to get another divorce <3
Writing Iono is so much fun, actually. She is THE poster child for ADHD gremlin-ness (speaking as someone with ADHD, myself).

So not only did she get the memo, but she also stuck it right onto her brain's corkboard with an extra large thumbtack.
[...]
As a former rambunctious child who was now a rambunctious adult, she understood the pain of being grounded...
last edit on May 9, 2023 14:10:00 GMT by Bremusa
0written posts
Deletedearned bits
offlinecurrently
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
his voice settled at a near whisper, not of itโ€™s usual stern tone but still that iconic raspiness that is explictly labeled vergilius in their mind. itโ€™s the voice they canโ€™t get enough of. the voice that calls forth a longing theyโ€™ve not realized would exist. โ€ฆwait. turn back that thought, it was a violation that blatantly went against the whole โ€œseparate your work life from your personalโ€ saying thatโ€™s been imbeded in society for however long. and of course, dante, no matter how much theyโ€™d insist it wasnโ€™t the case; they wanted to do the very thing that could wind them in so, so much trouble (at leastโ”โ” thatโ€™s what they thought).

dante moment
last edit on May 11, 2023 18:55:39 GMT by Deleted
aliasThe Moustachioed Greek
pronounshe/him
202written posts
Kostearned bits
offlinecurrently
Kost
Kost Avatar
D-d-digimon!
โ€œSome humans who are none the wiser try to use that power to help the weak and the downtroddenโ€ฆ Humbug!โ€ He roared in abject fury, his deep voice echoing throughout every nook and cranny of the Dark Area. โ€œPower should only be used to benefit oneself!โ€

sometimes you just wanna write a classic villain.
pronounshe/him
29written posts
crunchearned bits
offlinecurrently
crunch
crunch Avatar

"... Extermination?"

He echoed the word, tasting it in his own voice. To him, this term carried a scholarly air, yet conveyed the essence of absolute destruction. It represented an endโ€”the demise of a being and all of its kind. Such a conclusion appeared too momentous for even a Dragon to shoulder, and Godric wasn't well-acquainted with endings.

He wished to remain so.

Feline Overlord
aliasChibi
pronounsShe/Her
1,790written posts
Chibi Magicianearned bits
offlinecurrently
Chibi Magician
Spring '21 Dev Completionist
Chibi Magician Avatar
Pure Gremlin Energy
Stunning, he is always so unbelievably stunning. Darkened hues locked across the room with an admiring flint evident beneath the deep navy colour. Enthralled entirely, focus stolen from the window to the man across the common room. The fixation on the manโ€™s face behind locks of blond hair and beneath the rims of his glasses. Ever so obedient, the blondโ€™s gaze was entranced by the book he provided him. Always, his navy eyes strayed from the fixation of his face, following down the muscles of the manโ€™s body. Semi-rigid, not from a tense circumstance, but an intense focus on the book caught between his hands. God, he could look at him for hours. The set of his body, the glory of his countenance and the benevolence in his action. Rather than use suggestion on him, he had requested he was through the book before coming to a conclusion, but how long would that take?

Breaking some rules, this is a short I wrote, but it relates to a character I RP and it is older. However, gotta say, Elias has good fodder for character shorts. especially when he is thinking of his lover.
Tidal Wave
aliasAkira, Tsunami, Tsu, Blue, Aki, Kazzie
pronounsAny
4,134written posts
AkiraTsunamiearned bits
offlinecurrently
AkiraTsunami
Part of the Furniture
AkiraTsunami Avatar
I've got a hurricane in my head, I can't feel a thing, but it's better than dead
The rhythmic tap tap tapping above him was what snapped him from his slumber. For the longest time, he had tried to dig his way out of his tomb, but there was very little in which he could actually do being bound by magic as he was. For nearly two centuries he had been trapped in this wretched box, the ebb and flow of the sickly swamp water in and out of his lungs. Falling into a deep slumber was one of the only way that he could figure to cope. At least until that crunch of dirt, the slop of mud, the panting breath of whomever had the audacity to dig him up.

The thunk of the shovel hitting the top of his coffin was what made him really start to pay attention. Who would go against the Voodoo Queens? Who would even dare?

Haven't done one of these in awhile.

aliasmori, manon, saki
pronounsshe / her
631written posts
offlinecurrently
๐š–๐š˜๐š›๐š’ Avatar
i know you see yourself as a fighter. well, i see myself as one, too.

we just love a good pinky promise 'round these parts

when his pinky was offered to her, she felt her cheeks warming a bit. how very dare he pull out the pinky promise on her while she was still upset with him... with eyes narrowed at him, her own hand lifted, digit curling around his to lock it in regardless. "you'll have to swallow a thousand nails if you break it," she reminded him, in case he forgot. "no milk either. so, it's not gonna be fun."

and so he'd best not break it.
pronounsshe/her
179written posts
hellsyearned bits
offlinecurrently
hellsy
hellsy Avatar
Why do we sleep where we want to hide?
"May you choke on your sorrows.โ€ She turns to glance at him for the first time since they left the halls of the throne room. Her smile was tight, bitter and smothered in a faux sweetness that carried the gentle โ€˜fuck youโ€™ in its taste.