write a reply

Favorite Line from your Last Post

0written posts
Deletedearned bits
offlinecurrently
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
he can’t bring himself to meet its’ gaze as the singular thought crossed his mind. i’ve come to loathe watching the sun rise… all it makes think of is your departure, and the fact that one day you too will disappear beyond the horizon of that sun to never return. i’ll be plagued by that blossoming light for the rest of my life, tsurumaru. but he never speaks it, and he never will. ”you always know how to ingratiate yourself with me,“ and a sharp pause. ”and quite frankly, it’s unfair.“

i've peaked with this truly. 
last edit on May 24, 2023 11:56:07 GMT by Deleted
pronounshe/him
877written posts
Desmond Milesearned bits
offlinecurrently
Desmond Miles
Part of the Furniture
Desmond Miles Avatar
we will have peace at any cost

Somehow, in her fervor, she found the dexterity to rip the packaging open, and- Oh! Just how she remembered them looking! And the smell! And the texture! And then she took one out and tasted it… The tears that turned into fountains, and she sobbed around the blueberry Pop-Tart. A long forgotten feeling, suddenly welcomed back.

Now serving!
pronounsshe/her
177written posts
hellsyearned bits
offlinecurrently
hellsy
hellsy Avatar
Why do we sleep where we want to hide?

Do not clip your wings for the man in a Blightsteel cage, little crow.

Let him perish.

Permit the pyre to engulf the fragments of his sanity, and seer away the remnants of a man lost to his own whimsy. Destruction was a path set for one single file, but the procession need not be endless. Juliette, Viktor, and the rest of Ruby need not march to the same end in a desperate attempt to hold him from own self-immolation.

last edit on May 30, 2023 0:47:17 GMT by hellsy
pronounsD A R K
257written posts
offlinecurrently
Death is just a new beginning.
Outside, the sky transitioned from the vibrant hues of the afternoon sun to the velvety darkness of the night, casting a gentle stillness over the land.
P.s this is cheating because it's my best friend's writing not mine, lol. But she gave me permission!!

last edit on Jun 3, 2023 17:56:03 GMT by 𝓛𝓪𝓭𝔂 𝓐𝓭𝓲𝓻𝓪
praise the cats!
aliasthomas, breezescodes
pronounshe/him
818written posts
bcearned bits
offlinecurrently
bc
Summer '19 Bingo Completionist
bc Avatar
this is my murder mittens ^-^
for as cold as she runs, he brushes his thumb against hers, taking comfort in the simplest thing as human contact. even with a stranger, ender finds himself calmed.
praise the cats!
pronounshe/him
818written posts
bcearned bits
offlinecurrently
bc
bc Avatar
they would ask him what is it that you want, and he had entertained for a time that maybe he would become a jeweller. if he could be anything, he would be bright.

but now he’s a soldier, the egress of innocence, and he keeps a dagger on him at all times as all good soldiers ought. all the practices of a good soldier and none of them have made him an assassin. he is still a child playing pretend with pointy swords, and he dreams like one. graceless and constantly fumbling, the stars he hangs are blinding. he still wants to be that of a little star thing. he lives his life in the dark, stretching greedy hands out to snatch starlight from the sky. breaching the night for what of a taste, even transgressing what should be his—whatever alights.
last edit on Jun 5, 2023 4:32:43 GMT by bc
pronounsshe + her(s)
209written posts
(hoekage)earned bits
offlinecurrently
(hoekage)
(hoekage) Avatar
Do forgive me I've seen the treasure's in the bloom but right now I'm just not strong enough for you
initially, she is a bud — dainty and gossamer floret — the exquisiteness never unfolds before the sights of anyone. steel coats over where delicate petals should unfold, a razor edge eviscerates where thorns mean to inflict harm.
praise the cats!
pronounshe/him
818written posts
bcearned bits
offlinecurrently
bc
bc Avatar
cece: val is such a mess
also cece:

“val,” she says, though it sounds more like a growl. she glares at the offending hand.

pray tell, who gave him the right to treat her like an unruly dog? somewhere fun.

“don’t fuck around.”

she pulls her hand away.

(what’s on her knuckles, god knows. she fights in her sleep. can hardly remember them anymore.)
last edit on Jun 15, 2023 10:48:30 GMT by bc
pronounsshe/her
187written posts
scarletearned bits
offlinecurrently
scarlet
scarlet Avatar
Another confession: I lied, before. I do remember my last moment of happiness.

Mine is a faint memory, in the way all memories are fading after-images of a life that used to be bright and splendid. Still, I hold it close with a childlike selfishness -- something that wears down the very thing it adores until it is scuffed and worn, its once comforting appearance now unrecognizable.

And though it is a memory that has been cruelly loved to the point it is tatters and ruin, it is a memory I shared, once, with you.
Rodent King
aliasditz
pronounsMale
1,702written posts
Mouseearned bits
offlinecurrently
Mouse
Part of the Furniture
Mouse Avatar
where fears and lies melt away.
Not my latest, but an old one I came across that I enjoyed.

She could dare him with looks all she wanted, but he wouldn't budge. "And rush the moment? I'd never." honey, so sweet, drizzled over his purr.

Each move Ezra made, she countered with her own. They were dancing to a song of desire. Two predators caught in a deadly waltz. Lion and wolf, fighting to lead the other to ruin. The warmth of her palm glides from shoulder to chest. What's this? "Hmm?" the wolf bears her fangs, taking him by surprise.
last edit on Jun 17, 2023 8:30:12 GMT by Mouse
the narrative
aliasCel, Nightlock
pronounsShe/They
687written posts
CELearned bits
offlinecurrently
CEL
Part of the Furniture
CEL Avatar
mankind, be vigilant; we loved you.
not my last post, but a few snippets from some of my recent ones since i liked these a lot despite feeling a certain way re: my writing rn esp since i havent posted here in a fair while

Emerys Malahki is a phantom in a dead man's skin, coated in nothing more than the last words of the dearly departed through brushstrokes and oil palettes. That's all he is; seventy years cannot take more from him. Instead, they simply familiarize him to the galaxy he should not exist in, and the role he's meant to play in it.

...Or that's what he wants to believe in, anyway. As much as he wants to believe that Ygrasil gave their life to bring forth the dawn of a new world, or that Eas promises existence without demand—to be and to live as if that's the greatest thing one can do. As much as he wants to believe that come the day they burn his body and realize it's built in parchment and canvas, Qituna's frost will give him his proper due, in the same way he wants to believe she did of his predecessor.

What he does not believe in is that this—what a diplomat decides is his purpose in her great design—is a part he needs to play further than the dotted line.

"Darling, as much as I appreciate the sight of men on their knees before me," Nadira lowers herself down to examine him further, the mumbles from earlier proving to be some sort of sign of life, "you can't keep spoiling me each time I visit you."

Nadira is a soldier herself, different battlefield. Her role in the war is never over, and as long as Sithea breathes—it never will. So it’s easy to slip into past habits and tendencies, insist on information no matter how buried. Or maybe that’s just what people call care these days, no?

and this next one is RLLY long so im spoilering it but its probably the passage im most proud of in my recent writing to date —

Back in university, Lucas remembers taking an elective on mythology and tragedy.

It wasn’t his first choice—that had been some science course on the biology of sci-fi in media, run by a professor he’d been on the good side of earlier in the year. But it ran out of slots, and even if he could have paid his way into the class list, it didn’t feel right. So he saw another elective, heard it was a walk in the park, and took the shot.

In it, he found that there was a certain, near-masochistic, obsession with the tragic hero. The presentation of a man and his folly, his most defining attribute proven to be hamartia as he leads himself to his own fall, dragging countless others down with him. Orpheus looks back, Achilles’s pride damns the Greek side of the war until it costs him his love and his life, Creon refuses sympathy for the dead, Oedipus attempts to decry his own fate only to meet it on the way. It paints a picture, settles the foundation for the future, and he remembers being unable to think of anything else then but how no writer gets away with letting Spider-Man have his happy ending ( One More Day erases Mary Jane and their children; Gwen Stacy always has to fall off the building; Harry Osborn always becomes the Green Goblin; someone always has to die when he saves the world, he can never have it both ways, with great power comes great responsibility, and the only way to show love is to jump off the tallest roof ). Luke Skywalker saves the galaxy but ends up alone.

coming soon.