write a reply

Favorite Line from your Last Post

pronounsshe + her(s)
209written posts
(hoekage)earned bits
offlinecurrently
(hoekage)
(hoekage) Avatar
Do forgive me I've seen the treasure's in the bloom but right now I'm just not strong enough for you
โ€œItโ€™d be cruel of me to leave you in this time of need. I must stay then,โ€ Corvyna muses, slight smile concealed as she has grown comfy in the crook of this strangerโ€™s neck. Carmine pools flutter shut unwillingly but the necessity at hand does not slip away from comprehension. โ€œBeautiful stranger, should we exchange names?โ€ comes the hushed inquiry, probing to see how much of the daydream he wishes to corrupt with pesky reality.
Tidal Wave
aliasAkira, Tsunami, Tsu, Blue, Aki, Kazzie
pronounsAny
4,134written posts
AkiraTsunamiearned bits
offlinecurrently
AkiraTsunami
Part of the Furniture
AkiraTsunami Avatar
I've got a hurricane in my head, I can't feel a thing, but it's better than dead
A single hand raised and some long forgotten language poured a bit from his mouth. The air shifted a bit as the magic ran through it and a nearby tree cracked in half, revealing a small, glowing cluster of something. Most witches wouldn't harm nature when it came down to it, but Alkaid wasn't most witches. The sap from the middle of the tree was black, corrosive. It seemed to kill every bit of moss and grass that it touched. Still, Alkaid walked the few feet towards it, not sinking into the muck even a little bit. He reached in and grabbed ahold of a skull, charred and branded, with a menacingly glowing ruby embedded into its forehead.

"Is this it? Is this the power that you seek?"

pronounsAny
533written posts
offlinecurrently
Bryn put their hands on their hips when their rival faltered, her smirk only growing as the bubble popped. Ignoring his heated complaints about losing the match to them fair and square Bryn interrupted with a sentence that made everyone stare. โ€œWow. You wanna fuck me so bad it makes you look stupid.โ€ The rival stammered and stuttered at that - the glare shot Brynโ€™s way half furious and half astonished. Not that it was even wrong. He was not the first and the last to be rejected by what the internet collectively thought as the embodiment of a rage game.
last edit on Jul 3, 2023 4:37:58 GMT by ๐น๐‘’๐“‡๐’ถ๐“
Sometimes we were meant to meet. Sometimes I wonder where the heck you people came from.
Tidal Wave
pronounsAny
4,134written posts
AkiraTsunamiearned bits
offlinecurrently
AkiraTsunami
Part of the Furniture
AkiraTsunami Avatar
I've got a hurricane in my head, I can't feel a thing, but it's better than dead
Words kept pouring from the blond's mouth, but they weren't really registering at first. Akira? Akira had asked him to be here? Sent a plane ticket. Got him a key... Brought him... To...

The knife clattered against the floor and in seconds Kaelis found his arms wrapped around the other's middle, his face buried in his chest. He hardly had the strength to stand anymore, so he leaned almost wholly against the blond for support. "Michael..."

pronounsAny
533written posts
offlinecurrently
Long glittery nails chimed against the side of the glass, a pleasant sound in an otherwise loud and crowded place. The neon lights of the club swirled and flashed, especially glittering and entrancing when the light reflected off the acid green glimmer of the serpentine scales that lay scattered over Avaโ€™s body. She looked otherworldly amongst the throngs of humans and intoxicated patrons, almost too beautiful to exist. Places like this though, these were where she truly thrived. It was where she could let loose, and play to her own whims and desires. A roulette wheel of the unholy.
Sometimes we were meant to meet. Sometimes I wonder where the heck you people came from.
aliasNwah
pronounsยฏ\_(ใƒ„)_/ยฏ
239written posts
Noireearned bits
offlinecurrently
Noire
Spring '21 Dev Completionist
Noire Avatar
No cracks, no breaks; no mistakes
"You're... so wrong," she pulled back after her existential hiatus had run its course, swiftly wiping away the remnants of tears and any evidence that she had ever so much as committed an emotion.

Hi I'm Noire and I only write overly sensitive sadbois lying to themselves about it and emotionally repressed women who didn't schedule this breakdown today because they still have shit to do
Sorojin's Labyrinth
the narrative
aliasCel, Nightlock
pronounsShe/They
704written posts
CELearned bits
offlinecurrently
CEL
Part of the Furniture
CEL Avatar
mankind, be vigilant; we loved you.
i've been writing this character for almost 3 years (more than, bordering 5 if you count his old incarnation from a private rp that didn't get completed) and im genuinely so emo that his arc is closing out now. this passage from one of his last few posts rlly makes me feel a certain way:

All of itโ€”possibility, opportunity, what might beโ€”slipped away at an ether; gone while barely even having the chance to bloom. All for a cause he'd still, foolishly, unequivocally, know he'd still give everything for if it meant the world was all the better for it.

And still, at the heart of everything, Lucas does realize one truth that hasn't changed, in all those potential lifetimes and where he's standing now:

He wants to live.

Looking forward, ahead, in the space between the here and now and what could be. Past the monsters, past Lucas Gabriel Hathorne, past the tragedies, past the funerals, and past the sacrifices. Maybe even pastโ€”

"How do you know that'll work out for me?" Lucas can't help but ask.

Marguerite chuckles, and a warmth fills in his chest that's almost akin to hope.

"I can recommend some excellent prosthetists."

"So now, Mr. Hathorne, humor me: What do you intend to do with the time you have?"

There is still so much work to do, but this time, Lucas thinks it's no longer for his repentance. That there will always be some part of him crying out of some desperate need to do and be good, but in pondering what matters and what Lucas wants to do with the life he hasโ€”

Lucas Gabriel Hathorne(?) makes a decision.

"...Are you still open to long-term bargains?"

coming soon.
the narrative
aliasCel, Nightlock
pronounsShe/They
704written posts
CELearned bits
offlinecurrently
CEL
Part of the Furniture
CEL Avatar
double-posting but who says writing isnโ€™t therapeutic

At the sound of the strangerโ€™s voice, Thian thinks heโ€™s actually fucking gone and done it: taken the last step before falling completely into madness and delusion, YA angst of the supernatural variety, the pathetic kind of mourning that just suggests an idiot in desperate need of therapy canโ€™t fucking get their shit together and move past grief, loss, five stages but stuck at the second phase.

Heโ€™s always stuck at the second phase.

Someone has to go, someone has enough, something runs out. Someone fucking diesโ€”

coming soon.
Tidal Wave
pronounsAny
4,134written posts
AkiraTsunamiearned bits
offlinecurrently
AkiraTsunami
Part of the Furniture
AkiraTsunami Avatar
"Murakami, Yuki. Elite Officer, Special Class II. [Redacted]." She dropped the file, and most of it was indeed blacked out. He looked up at her again. It wasn't like anything in there was of any interest to him. He could see her tattoo under the cuff of her sleeve. Lieutenant, of this branch most likely. Odd that it wasn't the Captain, but with the bombings, they were probably quite busy. "What are you doing here in New York?"

Yuki blinked at her a bit slowly. Did he have to answer that? It was a simple answer, wasn't it? "What happened to the rabbit?" The woman looked a bit stunned in that moment. Of course, they hadn't gotten the rabbit. He really hoped that it wasn't still out there, on the ground somewhere. He hoped that someone had picked it up and taken it home and fed it and kept it warm and- "I am helping." Trying to help, anyways.

He got arrested and asked about the rabbit no less than 3 times because he has priorities.

pronounsshe / her
398written posts
Ven โ˜†earned bits
offlinecurrently
Ven โ˜†
Summer '19 Bingo Completionist
Ven โ˜† Avatar
got a secret, can you keep it?
โ€œAsk stupid questions, get stupid answers,โ€ the not-Carina snarked from beside him.

He had to resist the urge to roll his eyes because holy hellballs on a stick, why was his companion this sassy?!

โ€œYouโ€™re not helping!โ€ he couldnโ€™t help but sass back to his companion, before biting his lip and internally rolling his eyes at his companion. Not to mention internally screaming, too, but that was for another day.

the narrative
aliasCel, Nightlock
pronounsShe/They
704written posts
CELearned bits
offlinecurrently
CEL
Part of the Furniture
CEL Avatar
perpetually in a love-hate relationship with my writing, but i did like these passages from my past posts

In truth, Thian thinks he's just wading through life and doesn't have the heart to take the step out of a beaten down path. And it's quieter this way, it's a hell of a lot lonelier, but where else do matters like relationships, people, history, lifetimes go for people who don't have much of a good track record in the department? It's dying slow. Grief is ugly, and bitter, and it tastes like tequila left on the rack for too damn long. People come, people go. Things don't last. ( Thian is always fucking grieving and he's never gotten proof that he'll find a reason to stop. )

Christ, he hates growing older.

At least Kai is trying to make him feel better. He thinks.

She follows.

She follows because she's a good damn cop, and she's a fuck up who needs someone to hold the map forward, and Lukas Adelstierna โ€” tin man with a quiet disposition, takes his orders seriously, lives and breathes work ( Ryl doesn't think she's ever seen him crack a lip twitch of a smile ) โ€” is the kind of navigator that never strays from the charted course. She follows because, end of the day, someone needs help, and who better to answer that call than people whose line of duty involves putting yourself forward in any firefight?

coming soon.