pronounsMale
1,702written posts
Mouseearned bits
offlinecurrently
Mouse
Part of the Furniture
Mouse Avatar
where fears and lies melt away.
A fun little game to showcase passages you found impactful or interesting from books. Long or short, it doesn't matter!

I'll start ~

No. He’d had no easy fall, like those drops. He’d earned his scars. He’d bounced off walls, bashed his face and hands. He’d killed innocent men by accident. He’d walked beside those with hearts like blackened coals, adoring them. He’d scrambled and climbed and fallen and stumbled. And now here he was. At the end of it all. Understanding so much more, but somehow feeling no wiser.
- The Way of Kings by Brandon Sanderson
last edit on Mar 13, 2023 3:07:08 GMT by Mouse
107written posts
travellerearned bits
offlinecurrently
traveller
traveller Avatar
She does not need to speak. She does not need to check the YES or NO boxes on my note. If she merely blinks, I will understand. If she wrinkles her nose, the import of her nose wrinkle will not be lost on me. In fact, so total is my concentration in that moment of grand suspense I am absolutely positive that there is nothing that Glory Hallelujah can do, no reaction that she can give off, that I will not immediately and fully understand.
I would stake my life on it.
But what she does do is this. She folds my note back up. Without looking at me─without even an eye blink or a nose wrinkle─she raises it to her lips. For one wild instant I think that she is going to kiss it. But then her lovely lips, like twin rosebud petals in spring sunlight, spread themselves open.
Her pearly teeth part.
She eats my note.
"You're a warrior, meant to lead the rest─ I don't know where I went wrong."
Rodent King
aliasditz
pronounsMale
1,702written posts
Mouseearned bits
offlinecurrently
Mouse
Part of the Furniture
Mouse Avatar
Being a half-blood is dangerous. It’s scary. Most of the time, it gets you killed in painful, nasty ways. If you’re a normal kid, reading this because you think it’s fiction, great. Read on. I envy you for being able to believe that none of this ever happened. But if you recognize yourself in these pages – if you feel something stirring inside – stop reading immediately. You might be one of us. And once you know that, it’s only a matter of time before they sense it too, and they’ll come for you.
- The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan
pronounsshe/her
193written posts
scarletearned bits
offlinecurrently
scarlet
scarlet Avatar
"Stars are beautiful, but they may not take an active part in anything, they must just look on for ever. It is a punishment put on them for something they did so long ago that no star now knows what it was. So the older ones have become glassy-eyed and seldom speak (winking is the star language), but the little ones still wonder."

- Peter and Wendy by J.M. Barrie
Rodent King
aliasditz
pronounsMale
1,702written posts
Mouseearned bits
offlinecurrently
Mouse
Part of the Furniture
Mouse Avatar
He had a soldier’s strength, and I felt it in the hard bands of his arms, the pressure of his fingers as his fist bunched in the silk at the small of my back and he drew me against him. There was something fierce and almost desperate in the way he held me, as if he could not have me close enough.
- Siege and Storm by Leigh Bardugo

pronounsshe/her
193written posts
scarletearned bits
offlinecurrently
scarlet
scarlet Avatar
“I have been mortal, and some part of me is mortal yet. I am full of tears and hunger and the fear of death, although I cannot weep, and I want nothing, and I cannot die. I am not like the others now, for no unicorn was ever born who could regret, but I do. I regret.”

- The Last Unicorn by Peter S. Beagle

aliasNwah
pronouns¯\_(ツ)_/¯
239written posts
Noireearned bits
offlinecurrently
Noire
Spring '21 Dev Completionist
Noire Avatar
No cracks, no breaks; no mistakes
"When you were young and stupid? Just to clarify, you mixed up a poison you learned from an old lover and gave it to a prince—to Ghassan's son—in public, and you think you were stupid when you were young?"

- The Empire of Gold by S.A. Chakraborty
Sorojin's Labyrinth
Rodent King
aliasditz
pronounsMale
1,702written posts
Mouseearned bits
offlinecurrently
Mouse
Part of the Furniture
Mouse Avatar
'You were my gift, Hazel,' she said. 'My most precious gift. I was foolish to think I needed anything else.' She kissed Hazel's forehead and held her. Her warmth gave Hazel the courage to continue.
- Son of Neptune by Rick Riordan
Rodent King
aliasditz
pronounsMale
1,702written posts
Mouseearned bits
offlinecurrently
Mouse
Part of the Furniture
Mouse Avatar
“They all die….That means it doesn’t matter. None of it matters.”

“See, that’s the wrong way of looking at it. Since we all go to the same place in the end, the moments we spent with each other are the only things that do matter. The times we helped each other.”
- Rhythm of War by Brandon Sanderson
aliasAsk me~
pronounsHe or They
172written posts
Wraithearned bits
offlinecurrently
Wraith
Wraith Avatar
There's hope beyond this lone abyss.

Anil Devi is one of the fastest-moving minds Ed Hatt has ever worked with. Devi treats conversations as optimisation problems. He assumes everybody involved possesses all the knowledge he does and thinks as fast as he does, and then proceeds to skip two out of every three sentences because the rest is so obvious that it doesn't need to be said. His magic work is the same: intermediate stages of spell construction, which others would insist on having a big explicit written plan for, he will wave away as trivial because he can improvise them in the moment. Every mage has a distinct style and Devi will cheerfully steal pieces of that style from every mage he meets. He is a packrat for shortcuts. His spells are baffling spaghetti.
Ra by qntm

I'm quite charmed by Ra’s magic and the way many of the mages resemble programmers.

Catscape Meow!
the narrative
aliasCel, Nightlock
pronounsShe/They
703written posts
CELearned bits
offlinecurrently
CEL
Part of the Furniture
CEL Avatar
mankind, be vigilant; we loved you.
For those who are NOT here anymore,
We have been here forever.
We have been speaking but you
never cared to listen.

Things You May Find Hidden In My Ear: Poems from Gaza by Mosab Abu Toha

started this book last week and god, it's visceral

last edit on Feb 24, 2024 11:02:35 GMT by CEL

coming soon.
kmsdvlajvkefk
aliastanzaku, tanz, tan-tan, egao, protag, chapel, tbotc
pronounsshe/her
1,319written posts
bl liteearned bits
offlinecurrently
bl lite
Part of the Furniture
bl lite Avatar
emotional over wallace event/alt
Never getting over this part from my favorite book of all time, the giver by lois lowry

"Do you understand why it's inappropriate to use a word like 'love'?" Mother asked.

Jonas nodded. "Yes, thank you, I do," he replied slowly.

It was his first lie to his parents.”
pronounsshe/her
193written posts
scarletearned bits
offlinecurrently
scarlet
scarlet Avatar
People are almost always safe from ghosts and ghouls and the living dead in daylight, and they're usually safe from them at night if they're with others, but when a person is alone in the dark, all bets are off. Men and women alone in the dark are like open doors, Jessie, and if they call out or scream for help, who knows what dread things may answer? Who knows what some men and women have seen in the hour of their solitary deaths? Is it so hard to believe that some of them may have died of fear, no matter what the words on the death certificates say?

-Gerald's Game by Stephen King
last edit on Feb 27, 2024 5:48:12 GMT by scarlet
kmsdvlajvkefk
aliastanzaku, tanz, tan-tan, egao, protag, chapel, tbotc
pronounsshe/her
1,319written posts
bl liteearned bits
offlinecurrently
bl lite
Part of the Furniture
bl lite Avatar
emotional over wallace event/alt
From S Classes That I Raised 193

Really in love with the portrayal and the way the relationship was described…
write a reply

QUICK REPLY

WRITE YOUR POST DOWN BELOW