pronounsHe, Him
133written posts
Dolten♦earned bits
offlinecurrently
Dolten♦
Dolten♦ Avatar
It's your BOi = P
Crownautic Avatar
For a few months now I've been working on a demigod roleplay for quite a long time (actually for two or three four years lol years haha) and I've scrapped it due to me just fighting myself internally. Not gonna lie, I have always wanted to do a demigod roleplay for so long I just tend to forget my ideas are somewhere in the void of google docs until I come to find it many months later. I LOVE MYTHOLOGY (which is why my whole college career is geared towards grave robbing), and demigods pretty much has been with me for a while -- I also love the idea of other things we could play around with! So here's a tidbit of what I have written so far:

You have likely travelled here and there. Eyes set on something greater than what is here, or maybe you wish to make the here a much greater place. Have you received a gift from a stranger lately? She appears randomly and all over. It’s nothing physical, it’s more in your mind. As your mind eases into slumber, you are thrown into a world engulfed in fire. A fire so hot you feel like melting. Large shadows loom over not only you, but an entire city. Soon enough, you awake from such a horrible nightmare.

The wind whispers of the coming, the ending of it all. How to stop it is now entrusted to you. The Mist outside has become menacing with the amount of light barely there.
There's a lot of things, but in bullet points:
  • three member groups: demigods, therians (half beast, half human), and gifted
  • epic quests + missions, one is a site wide event and the other is geared for world building
  • every mythology: not only greek, roman, egyptian, and japanese -- but essentially all
  • you can create your power or you can have staff make it for you
  • and me crying over the amount of work i'll be putting myself

I don't wanna be that guy, but I've seen so many people talk about this idea and wanting to make a site about it. I think you guys should all come together and make one site. It would prob work out better this way then having 50 ideas XD, or maybe you can make one site and use all 50 ideas. NANI ?????
Dark Empress
aliasYuki
pronounsshe/her
398written posts
Empress Yukiearned bits
offlinecurrently
Empress Yuki
Empress Yuki Avatar
Do you think we can be just like you?
Crownautic Avatar
For a few months now I've been working on a demigod roleplay for quite a long time (actually for two or three four years lol years haha) and I've scrapped it due to me just fighting myself internally. Not gonna lie, I have always wanted to do a demigod roleplay for so long I just tend to forget my ideas are somewhere in the void of google docs until I come to find it many months later. I LOVE MYTHOLOGY (which is why my whole college career is geared towards grave robbing), and demigods pretty much has been with me for a while -- I also love the idea of other things we could play around with! So here's a tidbit of what I have written so far:

You have likely travelled here and there. Eyes set on something greater than what is here, or maybe you wish to make the here a much greater place. Have you received a gift from a stranger lately? She appears randomly and all over. It’s nothing physical, it’s more in your mind. As your mind eases into slumber, you are thrown into a world engulfed in fire. A fire so hot you feel like melting. Large shadows loom over not only you, but an entire city. Soon enough, you awake from such a horrible nightmare.

The wind whispers of the coming, the ending of it all. How to stop it is now entrusted to you. The Mist outside has become menacing with the amount of light barely there.
There's a lot of things, but in bullet points:
  • three member groups: demigods, therians (half beast, half human), and gifted
  • epic quests + missions, one is a site wide event and the other is geared for world building
  • every mythology: not only greek, roman, egyptian, and japanese -- but essentially all
  • you can create your power or you can have staff make it for you
  • and me crying over the amount of work i'll be putting myself

give them to me pls ;;;
375written posts
watcherearned bits
offlinecurrently
watcher
watcher Avatar
Shiva the Frostbearer Avatar
Would anyone be interested in dedicating some time in a small worldbuilding RP? Something akin to a sandbox but not quite.

• The genre is still up in the air, but I really want to make new friends, and create something fun. Where we all just fabricate the world, its inhabitants, and the story. We all play a part in it's creation rather than a few staff members generating a plot in which our characters won't have a part in.
  • By small I mean, no heavy advertising, no activity checks, etc. Just some people who enjoy writing with others. Of course there won't be complaints if it attracts a few people, but I wouldn't go out of my way to force people in or to stay.
  • Free form applications, no systems, no rules. No reason to say your character is too op for its own good or that it doesn't fit the theme. Just one goal, and that is to write our stories.

I don't suspect that this will gain alot of attention, but atm I rp on a smallish site that really just goes at its own pace, --and i have to say, ive had the most fun rping there the last two years than anywhere else.

Err, it's been a month, and I haven't really been here or anywhere really, but this sounds appealing just for the chance to control the setting--- mostly because of a certain character of mine that I can't seem to put into RPs because he demands a lot from the setting.

Because of that same character, I've begun thinking that maybe I should make my own site with my own lore (or just write a story by myself but I haven't been able to create a straight coherent plot). The only problem is I've never made a site before and I've no idea how to go about making one.

I've been thinking of a semi-medieval-with-a-dash-of-magitech setting, a world once governed by an elite and tyrannical group of mages in a floating castle city, who were deposed after a successful revolution. In the aftermath, the mages' fortresses became dungeon-like treacherous ruins due to all sorts of magic going haywire, becoming places that adventurers and treasure hunters delve into for magic items. Merchant kings became the ruling caste and mages either went into seclusion or became slaves, while artisans strove to reverse engineer the work of the mages. Meanwhile, certain extraplanar creatures start to enter the world without the mages' seals to keep them at bay. ...and I kinda want to introduce a church too of good guys that aren't a conspiracy, for a change.

So, yeah, maybe I can make this with the help of someone, or someone could make this for me and I'll just make the lore or something, or I could go with what Shiva is talking about since a lot of things about it seem to be up in the air and possibly fitting my ideas? Or maybe I could find a site for my characters instead, make a search thread before? Help. XD
0written posts
Deletedearned bits
offlinecurrently
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
watcher Avatar
Shiva the Frostbearer Avatar
Would anyone be interested in dedicating some time in a small worldbuilding RP? Something akin to a sandbox but not quite.

• The genre is still up in the air, but I really want to make new friends, and create something fun. Where we all just fabricate the world, its inhabitants, and the story. We all play a part in it's creation rather than a few staff members generating a plot in which our characters won't have a part in.
  • By small I mean, no heavy advertising, no activity checks, etc. Just some people who enjoy writing with others. Of course there won't be complaints if it attracts a few people, but I wouldn't go out of my way to force people in or to stay.
  • Free form applications, no systems, no rules. No reason to say your character is too op for its own good or that it doesn't fit the theme. Just one goal, and that is to write our stories.

I don't suspect that this will gain alot of attention, but atm I rp on a smallish site that really just goes at its own pace, --and i have to say, ive had the most fun rping there the last two years than anywhere else.
Err, it's been a month, and I haven't really been here or anywhere really, but this sounds appealing just for the chance to control the setting--- mostly because of a certain character of mine that I can't seem to put into RPs because he demands a lot from the setting.

Because of that same character, I've begun thinking that maybe I should make my own site with my own lore (or just write a story by myself but I haven't been able to create a straight coherent plot). The only problem is I've never made a site before and I've no idea how to go about making one.

I've been thinking of a semi-medieval-with-a-dash-of-magitech setting, a world once governed by an elite and tyrannical group of mages in a floating castle city, who were deposed after a successful revolution. In the aftermath, the mages' fortresses became dungeon-like treacherous ruins due to all sorts of magic going haywire, becoming places that adventurers and treasure hunters delve into for magic items. Merchant kings became the ruling caste and mages either went into seclusion or became slaves, while artisans strove to reverse engineer the work of the mages. Meanwhile, certain extraplanar creatures start to enter the world without the mages' seals to keep them at bay. ...and I kinda want to introduce a church too of good guys that aren't a conspiracy, for a change.

So, yeah, maybe I can make this with the help of someone, or someone could make this for me and I'll just make the lore or something, or I could go with what Shiva is talking about since a lot of things about it seem to be up in the air and possibly fitting my ideas? Or maybe I could find a site for my characters instead, make a search thread before? Help. XD
What I wanted to bring to the table was a place where more than just a few people to decide on the plot and build it bit by bit, instead of just one person. If you are set on that plot idea of yours, then you should probably create your own site.
375written posts
watcherearned bits
offlinecurrently
watcher
watcher Avatar

Hrm, maybe so. I was thinking if I was joining your worldbuilding site that I'll probably just be bringing the parts that I need for certain characters of mine to work. Thought I'd outline my idea as well because of the nature of this thread.

...I should really get to writing the usual site search thing. That might clear things up.
pronounsshe; her
63written posts
malachyearned bits
offlinecurrently
malachy
malachy Avatar
This idea has been bouncing around in my head for a while, but I don't see this genre of rp often and am wondering if people would even join.

A historical Western rp with tiny elements of fantasy, i.e. certain people are born with powers to manipulate the elements on a limited level. (Example: conducting a thirty-minute ritual, undisturbed, to set a building in town on fire; meditating (maybe even praying to some primitive god??) for hours to bring rain the next day.)

But it would be set in the 1880's frontier with small towns, bandits, gangs, sheriffs, vigilantes, and even regular ole' people populating the rp.

Oh, also: no face claims.

If it sounds interesting to you, please like this post or DM me!
phantom of the black parade
pronounsshe / her pronouns
4,235written posts
Kuroyaearned bits
offlinecurrently
Kuroya
Part of the Furniture
Kuroya Avatar
at this, the world's end, do we cast off tomorrow~!
I'm mobile but I've been playing with this idea for a lil while now, so here we are.

Basically I'm thinking of a laidback animated panfandom site. But rather than have in-depth plots and stuff, it's built to be kind of... this basic apartment complex kind of thing. More or less everyone is trapped inside this endless magical tower where the bottom is a giant formless outside space and the penthouse is a huge amusement park type space and then everything in between is residential floors for that dorm life or apartment feel or some kind of store in a tiny tower type feel. (And the residential floors could be randomized by staff or picked by the member and you can pick between a solo space or one with one, two, or unlimited roommates.)

No events, to go along with that laidback feel, but instead of pushing people towards a single canon point, everyone's encouraged to pick their favorite spot for where they want to pull a character (ie, you could have Steve Rogers from post Avengers 3 but Bucky Barnes from The First Avenger and Tony Stark from back during Avengers 1, for example). Or you can pull in some au stuff and just. Basically it's just focused on interacting with characters across canon sources and enjoying some what if moments and just.

Idk I just think it would be hilarious to watch the shenanigans of an entire floor of white haired anime boys. Just let me be.
last edit on Dec 15, 2018 14:40:08 GMT by Kuroya

pronounsshe; her
63written posts
malachyearned bits
offlinecurrently
malachy
malachy Avatar
watcher Avatar

don't westerns have native americans in them from time to time? the fantasy could come from there?

This is true, but I don't want to invite anyone's offense and/or stereotyping of Native American religions as this power-granting 'mysticism.' I'm sure there's a way to do it that's not potentially offensive, but since I'm not Native American and don't have a ton of knowledge about their cultures (other than maybe Commanche), that's a can of worms I don't want to open.

(Side note: if players wanted to make Native American characters, they would be free to do so provided they did their research.)
last edit on Dec 15, 2018 15:04:59 GMT by malachy
frog on the floor
aliasfreiheit, microwaved burrito
pronounsany
1,502written posts
pharaoh leapearned bits
offlinecurrently
pharaoh leap
Administrator
pharaoh leap Avatar
i've been having some pretty dark thoughts.
Persona roleplay idea, this is literally me pulling ideas out of my butt, but here we go.

So we had, uuuuh, the TV world, and then a phone app, so for this one, we go to the Strange World by jumping into old dinosaur computers SSSS.Gridman style. Strange World is the digital/physical manifestation of people's (often stress-induced) dreams. People have been falling into seemingly random, unexplainable comas around the world or whatever, succumbing to their own grief/stress/what have you and getting stuck in their own nightmares, and the only way to wake them up is to beat their dream self and help them come to terms with their situation. Strange World is therefor subject to all sorts of weird logic and random chance things - you know, like in a regular stress dream.

The member-played characters live all over the world, though. There's no central hub setting. Instead, all communication is done via phone calls, texting, or video chats (with some exceptions for the odd couple of people who might live nearby). Social ranks are done over, like, some Facebook-esque social media site, so your friendship level literally ranks up on site the more you talk to each other/the more you experience together. (Otherwise, they can all just live together in a sleepy town, if the Internet Friends thing is too hard to carry out in RP???)

You get your Persona by smashing your cellphone in anger, this is a very serious idea.
pronounsHe/Him/His
1,094written posts
lightearned bits
offlinecurrently
light
Part of the Furniture
light Avatar
pharaoh leap Avatar
Persona roleplay idea, this is literally me pulling ideas out of my butt, but here we go.

So we had, uuuuh, the TV world, and then a phone app, so for this one, we go to the Strange World by jumping into old dinosaur computers SSSS.Gridman style. Strange World is the digital/physical manifestation of people's (often stress-induced) dreams. People have been falling into seemingly random, unexplainable comas around the world or whatever, succumbing to their own grief/stress/what have you and getting stuck in their own nightmares, and the only way to wake them up is to beat their dream self and help them come to terms with their situation. Strange World is therefor subject to all sorts of weird logic and random chance things - you know, like in a regular stress dream.

The member-played characters live all over the world, though. There's no central hub setting. Instead, all communication is done via phone calls, texting, or video chats (with some exceptions for the odd couple of people who might live nearby). Social ranks are done over, like, some Facebook-esque social media site, so your friendship level literally ranks up on site the more you talk to each other/the more you experience together. (Otherwise, they can all just live together in a sleepy town, if the Internet Friends thing is too hard to carry out in RP???)

You get your Persona by smashing your cellphone in anger, this is a very serious idea.

yes. i demand a persona rp for once. :c

105written posts
BONNIBELearned bits
offlinecurrently
BONNIBEL
BONNIBEL Avatar
i’ve had the idea for a long time (and it hasn’t gone anywhere but haunt me) but i’d love to one day make a site whose setting changes every other month or so, allow staff to focus on events either centered around the current setting or can be pulled off regardless that (hopefully) encourages members to explore their characters actions, motivations and self in situations they might not typically get from open threads or in settings they might not have had their characters in otherwise.

there’s something satisfying with making a character and watching them become something more than just “that one person i made on a site once” and i highly doubt i’m alone with having characters you always go back to making because you either have a lot of fun on them / haven’t had them take part in a certain type of site and would like to explore them outside of the norm.

i also just have a lot of characters, a lot of aus and a lot of headcanons i haven’t gotten to write out in posts

that's the biggest reason why i want to do this

i want too much shit and i'm dying
pronounsThey/Them
544written posts
Coyoteearned bits
offlinecurrently
Coyote
Part of the Furniture
Coyote Avatar
Can I get a holla for a simple, relaxed Dragon Age forum? Let people make their own baddies and cause their own drama, maybe some events for big bads or political unrest, but like for the most part it's laid back sandbox. IDK I just want a dragon age forum where it's not wildly complicated, friendly to people who haven't played EVERY GAME, probably Mixed face claims, or like...Real life and game/cgi style? Like you can use images of your character from the game is what I'm getting at!

There's just not enough dragon age forums that don't take themselves too seriously, they're all so stuffy, WHICH IS FINE, but not necessarily what some people are looking for! I just wanna get elbow deep in the world tbh.
pronounsshe/her
17written posts
pollyearned bits
offlinecurrently
polly
polly Avatar
would anyone be interested in a carry on rp site? i just finished the book a few days ago and can't stop thinking about the world and the magic system. reading the book isn't exactly necessary, but just think of it like a hogwarts-type school but instead of like... spells, it's really just phrases that have power in them. like if someone said "easy tiger!" with their wand, it would make them calm down or "get well soon" would be a healing spell. it would be entirely non-canon and i was thinking of having it be a no-fc site/aesthetic-only.

but i don't want to make a site if no one is really interested or hasn't heard of the book. :c even if you haven't, i highly recommend it! it's great stuff.