phantom of the black parade
pronounsshe / her pronouns
4,237written posts
Kuroyaearned bits
offlinecurrently
Kuroya
Part of the Furniture
Kuroya Avatar
at this, the world's end, do we cast off tomorrow~!
i'm kind of debating dropping a full-on sandbox site.

like. maybe flesh it out a little bit so it can be a jcink resource supplement + advertising hub for people but. the main focus would be kind of. one account per person, here's your area to set up trackers for everything, here's some areas for some plotters + bios + development for free-floating chars, here's an area for basic one-on-one (or group) threads, and here's a whole category where people can just "hey i don't wanna do a full-fledged site, i'll just make a board with some subboards and we run a small thing with whoever's interested". super come and go as you please (i ain't bothering with any checks or w/e, it's basically gonna be a resource site or a free-floating thing), staff are mostly there to make sure there's no fights and no mature content (unless it's jcink premium, in which case, no mature content that's outside marked areas).

just. tl;dr if you just wanna quietly rp somewhere doing something with friends (or just rp outside of a site / friend group), hey, guess what, that's an option now, you're free now.
last edit on Feb 20, 2019 18:27:54 GMT by Kuroya

internally screaming
pronounsshe/her
1,786written posts
Nekoearned bits
offlinecurrently
Neko
Administrator
Neko Avatar
stressed, depressed, and probably not well-dressed
Kuroya Avatar
i'm kind of debating dropping a full-on sandbox site.

like. maybe flesh it out a little bit so it can be a jcink resource supplement + advertising hub for people but. the main focus would be kind of. one account per person, here's your area to set up trackers for everything, here's some areas for some plotters + bios + development for free-floating chars, here's an area for basic one-on-one (or group) threads, and here's a whole category where people can just "hey i don't wanna do a full-fledged site, i'll just make a board with some subboards and we run a small thing with whoever's interested". super come and go as you please (i ain't bothering with any checks or w/e, it's basically gonna be a resource site or a free-floating thing), staff are mostly there to make sure there's no fights and no mature content (unless it's jcink premium, in which case, no mature content that's outside marked areas).

just. tl;dr if you just wanna quietly rp somewhere doing something with friends (or just rp outside of a site / friend group), hey, guess what, that's an option now, you're free now.

I'm actually working on a site with several other people in the community that is this literal concept. So If anyone would like to help - we have most of it done, just a few touch ups and I would love to see more people coming in from the get go.
pronounsshe/her
15written posts
kaltagearned bits
offlinecurrently
kaltag
kaltag Avatar
thinking of making a site with influences from SAO, fire emblem, and other fantasy MMOs that focuses on a "Game aspect" such as leveling, raids, spawns, etc. Definitely going with the "stuck in virtual reality/sao" idea. Definitely looking for some feedback/ideas of what people might like to see?
pronounsgoddess
454written posts
pixie pieearned bits
offlinecurrently
pixie pie
pixie pie Avatar
kaltag Avatar
thinking of making a site with influences from SAO, fire emblem, and other fantasy MMOs that focuses on a "Game aspect" such as leveling, raids, spawns, etc. Definitely going with the "stuck in virtual reality/sao" idea. Definitely looking for some feedback/ideas of what people might like to see?

These are always fun - the only issue I have ever seen with sites like these is that people tend to get burnt out on them fairly quickly. Just have to keep it interesting but these sites always do really well. There are plenty of gamers among us so I am sure you will garner plenty of interest / members <3
Elemental Enthusiast
aliasMari
pronounsthey/them
981written posts
Mariearned bits
offlinecurrently
Mari
Part of the Furniture
Mari Avatar
eternally tired
nox, the HR department Avatar
Not a pokemon site but.. a fakemon site. All these good ass creatures not being used tf

idk if this was a serious thing or not but I used to be somewhat of a sucker for fakemon so you got my interest owo
pronounshe/him
585written posts
offlinecurrently
nox, the HR department
Administrator
Mari Avatar
Not a pokemon site but.. a fakemon site. All these good ass creatures not being used tf
idk if this was a serious thing or not but I used to be somewhat of a sucker for fakemon so you got my interest owo

I was being dead serious
aliasNyx
pronounsshe / her
129written posts
avanearned bits
offlinecurrently
avan
avan Avatar
she's the wicked witch of the EAST bro
I've been kind of working with the idea of creating a league of legends themed site?

Is that something anyone thinks could even take off -- I'm not sure how popular it is?

Essentially I was thinking it'd take place in Runeterra and all their lore would be involved. And the options of OCs would be allowed (as long as they pick from the list of playable races that come from Runeterra [Ascended, Spirits, Demons, etc] as well as the canon characters being options.

Rodent King
aliasditz
pronounsMale
1,702written posts
Mouseearned bits
offlinecurrently
Mouse
Part of the Furniture
Mouse Avatar
where fears and lies melt away.
Mari Avatar
I was being dead serious

I'd be so excited to see a Pokemon forum that makes use of Fakemon from Pokemon Sage. they're so amazing
frog on the floor
aliasfreiheit, microwaved burrito
pronounsany
1,504written posts
pharaoh leapearned bits
offlinecurrently
pharaoh leap
Administrator
pharaoh leap Avatar
i've been having some pretty dark thoughts.

Admittedly, the predecessor to TBE, From Sweet Beginnings, was my first Pokemon site I ran, and the entire reason we opened it was because I'd drawn an entire Pokedex worth of Fakemon, and we were going to feature them on the site. It fell through in the end, for better or worse (probably for better, sdkfjlhdfjsdh), but I think it'd be neat to see someone else take up the mantle.

Hardest part is - since you only really have design and types to go off, most of the time - understanding general strengths and abilities of most Fakemon is pretty... difficult. You could have that info on site, but that'd be a LOT of stats and stuff for new members to take in. Even less stat-driven sites have battles, and while skill or experience means more in freeform, basic Pokemon strength's, like... still... important for that...

That, and... rights.............

Which I had my old designs still, I'd let someone use 'em and go ham if I did. :'D
446written posts
wolfeearned bits
offlinecurrently
wolfe
wolfe Avatar
kaltag Avatar

Gimme them guilds.

I want that old WoW experience so bad when everything was new and I was running around taking every random green like it was a gift from God and the world was large and scary. Introducing some guild/group system to encourage it both groups people up for threads better and makes sure characters form bonds and are more likely to stay for the long term.

Hardcore Leveling Warrior is a really good webtoon that has an interesting spin on this concept as well, shameless plug of something I've been following for a year or so now.
105written posts
BONNIBELearned bits
offlinecurrently
BONNIBEL
BONNIBEL Avatar
Mouse Avatar
I'd be so excited to see a Pokemon forum that makes use of Fakemon from Pokemon Sage. they're so amazing

there used to be a rl fc pokemon site that included pokemon from pkmn sage and the normal dex in their site
i never joined but it was really neat to see them implement fakemon that were fleshed out like sage has done

tbh it'd be a lot of work to make so many fakemon and come up with everything for them
but .... the end result would be dope af, especially with a fully coded pokedex featured on the site
yes pls

if it ever gets done and its for pb i can share some tips for coding pages, specifically pokedex inspired ones. 
i may have recreated a pokedex one day as a weekend project a while back so ...
last edit on Feb 26, 2019 9:44:40 GMT by BONNIBEL
25written posts
macaronearned bits
offlinecurrently
macaron
macaron Avatar
My brain is telling me ‘Don’t!’. 1) I don’t have time for staffing, 2) i only like moderating - especially playing NPC characters and making players’ life hard -, and 3) my english is too flawed to do a site.
BUT I wanted to sort this idea out of my system since i know it wouldn’t work in my native community.

Despair. You can see it crawling in the shady back alleys filled with thugs doing their business and dreaming of higher places. You can see it in the eyes of the older women rummaging through the bins. Metal, wires, outdated prosthesis, they look for any piece of junk they could sell. You can feel it in the university professors who crave for power and want to throw themselves into politics.

Wolves in cheap clothes are ready to do everything to survive. Selling their native languages or their skills to the point of feeling disconnected from themselves, dirtying their hands or closing their eyes to live a little longer. Sometimes honesty will bring you down. You and the people dear to you. No one is irreplaceable, and this new android seems to be better than you. After all, it just needs hardware checkup. You know those at the top have sacrificed so many things… They can add another sin to their list if it means to secure their spot. To make their life easier.

While making your way under the neon street lights, remember two things: If your emotions cloud your judgment, you’re dead. Don’t bark if you can’t bite.

Setting: a port town - maybe in southeastern Asia -, because idk, wouldn’t it be cool if a cargo ship was home to an illegal gambling place or a floating drug lab?
Type: animanga +18 cyberpunk crime site
• Emphasis on criminality and corruption. Even the good ones can be wrapped in a mess when they want to protect someone.
• Monthly: Posts’ log highlighting threads whose content can affect other boards or characters. They can be used as plot-lines - idk, if for example, someone brings the cops on a character’s turf, they’d have to do their business elsewhere, but nobody likes a sudden competition.
• Monthly (?): three criminal cases - with the staff/mods only knowing the full truth
• A tricky one because it can work w/o players’ part, but a board for journalists’ characters. Which side of the stories would they defend? Would they spread lies?
• Missions with useful stuff once completed (key to a hideout? New prosthesis? Formula of a drug created by a rival? A secret about someone?)
• Relaxed and laid-back events once in a month, nothing serious
pronounsany pronouns
270written posts
forteearned bits
offlinecurrently
forte
forte Avatar
macaron Avatar
My brain is telling me ‘Don’t!’. 1) I don’t have time for staffing, 2) i only like moderating - especially playing NPC characters and making players’ life hard -, and 3) my english is too flawed to do a site.
BUT I wanted to sort this idea out of my system since i know it wouldn’t work in my native community.

Despair. You can see it crawling in the shady back alleys filled with thugs doing their business and dreaming of higher places. You can see it in the eyes of the older women rummaging through the bins. Metal, wires, outdated prosthesis, they look for any piece of junk they could sell. You can feel it in the university professors who crave for power and want to throw themselves into politics.

Wolves in cheap clothes are ready to do everything to survive. Selling their native languages or their skills to the point of feeling disconnected from themselves, dirtying their hands or closing their eyes to live a little longer. Sometimes honesty will bring you down. You and the people dear to you. No one is irreplaceable, and this new android seems to be better than you. After all, it just needs hardware checkup. You know those at the top have sacrificed so many things… They can add another sin to their list if it means to secure their spot. To make their life easier.

While making your way under the neon street lights, remember two things: If your emotions cloud your judgment, you’re dead. Don’t bark if you can’t bite.

I just gotta say... if you wrote that blurb yourself, your English doesn't seem flawed in the slightest. In fact, I think it's gorgeous. It provides imagery in a way that's poetic, all while maintaining relevance to the topic and not feeling like superfluous filler. On top of all that, there's a certain rhythm/flow to the writing that's both excellent and rare. Tbh, if I didn't already have a site, I'd want to join yours just to read more of your writing... So yeah, I'm a fan... LOL

WRITING ASIDE THO, I love this idea a lot. Your idea for a monthly post log is great, but staying up-to-date on every thread would be something that I know I, personally, would have a hard time doing as a staffer (kudos if you're the type that can actually handle that, tho!). Other than that, I'm an absolute slut for rp mysteries where untangling a web of lies is one of the main goals.

I can't wait to see where you go with this idea!

last edit on Mar 1, 2019 16:28:23 GMT by forte
25written posts
macaronearned bits
offlinecurrently
macaron
macaron Avatar
yes, i wrote it myself and kqbfoqhf thank you?? i'm super bad at judging myself and always consider there's a huge room for improvement OTL. I'm glad you liked it!!

About the log, i was thinking about focusing on proactive roleplayers. Usually, proactive ones don't have a problem to take initiative, suggest or write threads which give 'food for thoughts'. My biggest worry would be that the threads would have to be useful for a lot of characters. After… it might be doable with mods? tbh i never had a chance to try. Some ideas have popped up in the meantime so i'm gonna hate myself and start a thread about this idea.