Manhwa Recommendations?

aliasAsu
pronounsshe/her/hers
430written posts
Asuearned bits
offlinecurrently
Asu
Asu Avatar
With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world.
Please I'm trying to impress someone what should I be reading—

I mean hi! I'm in the business of looking for more to read and would love some recommendations! Always feel a little more refreshed after getting some reading done, and it's feeling like the era to get back into reading again. If you give me a recommendation, I'll go give it a good read and react to it here when I'm done heheh
aliaslovelorn, ll, lorn
pronounsshe/her
129written posts
lovelornearned bits
offlinecurrently
lovelorn
lovelorn Avatar
you carry the aura of the stars
ok so honestly it depends on what you're looking for but i'll drop some of my personal recommendations; going to avoid popular stuff like a stepmother's marchen/omniscient reader's viewpoint/trash of the count's family/return of the blossoming blade/afterschool lessons for unripe apples/the flower that bloomed by a cloud etc because i'll assume you've heard of them or checked them out already. these aren't really based on what's popular or has fanwork or anything, i just like them LOL; i am kind of a snob/picky about my favs so hopefully you like something out of these?

escape devildom / i actually rp'd a character from here on a panfan once, rp being used loosely because i did kind of fall off and never post on them. regardless: really fun story about a human who's mistaken as the demon king and has to pretend to be him while trying to leave the devil kingdom because he's, uh, not a demon. really good emotional stakes, characters, just straight-up fun. does fall off a bit at the end but so worth reading, honestly i can't describe it well just read it and the art is gorgeous. has one of my sons of all time (pyros) in it.

sock goblin/the sock monster slice of life coming of age cozy comfy sort of vibes. honestly just so heartwarming please read it !!!

where the shooting star falls, wait there it has a witch hat atelier/ghibli sort of vibe: witches, dense, well-crafted story, gorgeous art, coming-of-age focused on a young girl and a cat. really really good; one of my favorite works of all time. anyone who is remotely interested in that type of story should read it i think it's insanely good cannot recommend enough five stars etc etc etc.

debut or die ok i lied when i said i was going to avoid popular stuff but this is really fun korean idol reincarnation stuff: if you're into k-pop at all you'll probably enjoy this. it's about this guy who gets stuck into the body of this guy, and if he doesn't debut in a k-pop group from this audition show (ala produce 101) he'll die. honestly not the deepest or most riveting story but again: really fun.

yeon lok heun historical supernatural romance with a dreamy, fairy-tale like element to it; romantic in an old-fashioned sort of way, featuring a crossdressing female general and an emperor who's deeply in love with her. swooned like a gazillion times reading this. kind of slowburn but honestly i prefer slowburn so it doesn't bother me

how to survive as the maid in a horror game horror manhwa romance where our girl transmigrates into a game. her love interest in the story is a devil who has to kill people to survive in his human form; yes murder does occur in the story, but it's not as over-the-top dark as it is in manhwa like roxanne/roxanna. funny and somehow cute without losing somewhat creepy/ominous vibes. it's not as far in as my other recs in here so if it falls off in the future please do not come to my door with pitchforks i didn't know !!!

if you're looking for recs in a specific genre or want more lmk !!!

last edit on Jun 11, 2024 1:39:21 GMT by lovelorn
sdkvnklweanl;
aliastanzaku, tanz, tan-tan, egao, protag, chapel, tbotc
pronounsshe/her
1,509written posts
regressor voloearned bits
onlinecurrently
regressor volo
Part of the Furniture
regressor volo Avatar
emotional over wallace event/alt

CHOO CHOO. WHAT’S THAT? IT’S THE BL TRAIN COMING

Polarity (complete) - jk actually not bl but it’s one of my fav works of all time. Humans with supernatural powers and government conspiracy and experimentation with reliable adults and believable teenagers and heroic and suspenseful moments. Psychology, still funny somehow, drama, action, angst, and horror they dont tag but definitely slaps you awake. Just a definite page turner. No romance imo! Which is *chef’s kiss* ik it sounds contrary with the train i brought but listen.

A Trace of the Wonder / Traces of the Sun (complete) - a dungeon type manhwa where there are “restorers” alongside those awakened. Restorers repair broken stuff. Our mc is a restorer with secrets of his own and the ml is a git at first but the story and freedom of the mc from his past is just beautiful. the way the story concludes reminds me lf fmab. It goes full circle. Maybe even the plot is sorta it. Has some cw on su/cide and zombies

Midwood - choo choo I LIED AGAIN IT’S NOT BL BUT IT IS ALSO ONE OF MY FAV OF ALL TIME. It’s like tower of god but actually stuck to its roots (and im still a tog fan). A guy who literally cant feel emotions bc of a head injury travels back in time to kill the guy wgo pretty much ruined the world plus killed his mom. You can tell if it’s your type of manhwa just from the first chapter. It’s a found family story and i love that the group is compromised of different ages. The mc is loke 30+ lol and the duo he starts with are amazing characters tgat subvert the hero and magician tropes. They’re people *nods*

Oh! Holy (complete) - supernatural where the girl saves the guy

The Emperor and the Female Knight (complete) - medieval where the girl saves the guy

Until The Tragic Male Lead Walks Again - isekai where the girl saves the guy

Death Delayed for a Short Time Because of the Will - my comfort dungeon manhwa where the op ml saves the op mc. It really plays the op character trope well and has a lot of hurt and comfort but still lighthearted. I also just like support powers

Infinite Mage - despite the generic title, it’s a really good magic story that isnt about systems but something more science like. I consider this, Midwood, and Star-Embracing Swordmaster as the underrated trifecta. If you like one, you’ll like the other

Star-Embracing Swordmaster - has a wonderful theme and writing about reaching your dreams on a harsh world full of violence and greed. All-aroind a beautiful story retaking the concept lf fantasy knights

The Greatest Estate Developer - an engineer is transmigrated in the body of a scum. Hilarious manhwa deserving of its popularity. Also includes a girl saving a guy. And a guy saving a guy. They’re actually homies

…so not a lot of bl reccs bc uh. Proboards. THEYRE NOT ALL SMUTTY but their rating is still. You know

【 POKEMON EVOLUTION: TERRORS 】
(latest update: 8/28 wall of update)
write a reply

QUICK REPLY

WRITE YOUR POST DOWN BELOW