pronounsHe/Him
1,102written posts
Phantasmearned bits
offlinecurrently
Phantasm
Part of the Furniture
Phantasm Avatar
AkiraTsunami Avatar
There is a real struggle between trying to keep things moving slow so that new members can join, and wanting to put the plot out right now because it explains so much of what's going on. But the site has only been open for like 2 months and that's just not long enough to really start moving things along. I'm more of a slow burn kind of person, or I like to think so, when it comes to plot stuff overall. But at the same time I am incredibly excited and want things to get moving because I think the members will enjoy it. Just gotta convince myself that being patient will work out better...

I've been of the mind that plots come first, in a way. People come along and see a thriving site (even with very few members) and will want to be a part of it - at least more than they would of a site with more people but nobody actually writing. Just my two cents anyway.

Though I'd say site-wide plots are very important too. Giving new people something to latch onto is good, makes getting past those initial 'let's get ice cream' threads easier for some. (me) should have multi-layered stuff going on, like an onion, or an ogre
Tidal Wave
aliasAkira, Tsunami, Tsu, Aki
pronounsAny
4,224written posts
AkiraTsunamiearned bits
offlinecurrently
AkiraTsunami
Part of the Furniture
AkiraTsunami Avatar
I've got a hurricane in my head, I can't feel a thing, but it's better than dead
I've put the idea that most of the heavy plot shit should come after gaining ground and getting some more people, but honestly, we have a pretty good and thriving member base and I could start plot things now if I wanted to. People would be excited for it and want to do it. I also agree that I need multi-layered plots going on, don't look at RoF too hard or you'll see all the plot holes because there's like 6 mainline plots at a time. But moving too fast also gets new members all flustered.

I do have to admit though, I had more member join RoF when the city was on fire and in the process of getting destroyed than I have any other time. So maybe an event would help with catching interests. I just wish the logical part of my brain would let me move things along without other people involved? It's hard to move plotlines by myself when key things are missing. Which is usually why I wind up with 1920837182893 characters.

aliasFrosty
pronouns*shrugs*
177written posts
«Fr¤§t¥»earned bits
offlinecurrently
«Fr¤§t¥»
«Fr¤§t¥» Avatar
On my Devil May Cry shtick again
 So sick and tired of making sites because people wanna RP a thing and then they just... Don't even join or RP at all. Like gtfo of here with that shit.

Secondly; tired of having a group of staff members who don't do a god damn thing and are missing like 90% of the time.
256written posts
The Lawearned bits
offlinecurrently
The Law
The Law Avatar
Getting older, I realise that I begin to question more and more, whether a site even needs a detailed rules thread to begin with. The only rules I feel at this point that need detailed explanation are any unique mechanics (I.e. survival mechanics, character progression, etc.) a site may have – if any, that is.

Outside of a site's special mechanics (if they apply), 90% of OOC and RP etiquette are pretty much extensions of general, everyday etiquette that should be pretty much common sense for any mature adult in civilised societies.

Basically, most players (if we go by the assumption that Most RPers are Adults) don't need the rules to be explained to them because these are civil behaviours that should come as second nature to anyone with some maturity.

If they need to have the rules read out to them repeatedly, chances are they're immature and/or entitled pricks who aren't so much ignorant, but rather don't give a shit to begin with, no matter how much the rules are being explained to them.
last edit on Apr 16, 2022 4:06:13 GMT by The Law

A multi-anime shared universe high school RP, est. 2016! In the process of restructuring and rebooting! Estimated re-opening date: End 2024 to Q1 2025
Tidal Wave
pronounsAny
4,224written posts
AkiraTsunamiearned bits
offlinecurrently
AkiraTsunami
Part of the Furniture
AkiraTsunami Avatar
I've got a hurricane in my head, I can't feel a thing, but it's better than dead
I did an experiment once. I put no rules outside of what was needed to know on the site itself, and people took it as they could get away with not knowing the basic rp etiquette. So now, I write pages of rules. =.= at least at this point they're all mostly copy paste.

Feline Overlord
aliasChibi
pronounsShe/Her
1,813written posts
Chibi Magicianearned bits
offlinecurrently
Chibi Magician
Spring '21 Dev Completionist
Chibi Magician Avatar
Pure Gremlin Energy
I hate the fact that I actually have to put in the rules that staff are not perfect. I would have liked to think it was a given since we're humans too. I just know I don't wanna have to correct myself only to have a member throw a fit about it again. x.x
frog on the floor
aliasfreiheit, microwaved burrito
pronounsany
1,539written posts
pharaoh leapearned bits
offlinecurrently
pharaoh leap
Administrator
pharaoh leap Avatar
i've been having some pretty dark thoughts.
AkiraTsunami Avatar
I would like to buy a commissioned skin, but Leap's are never open T.T

I'msosorry,IhaveanxietyaboutsellingthingseventhoughIampoor. TTToTTT
pronounshe/him
907written posts
Desmond Milesearned bits
offlinecurrently
Desmond Miles
Part of the Furniture
Desmond Miles Avatar
we will have peace at any cost
pharaoh leap Avatar
AkiraTsunami Avatar
I would like to buy a commissioned skin, but Leap's are never open T.T

leap i am begging you to let us give you money
Tidal Wave
pronounsAny
4,224written posts
AkiraTsunamiearned bits
offlinecurrently
AkiraTsunami
Part of the Furniture
AkiraTsunami Avatar
Desmond Miles Avatar
pharaoh leap Avatar

leap i am begging you to let us give you money

This tbh. I'd pay good money for a Leap skin T.T

pronounsShe/Her
306written posts
offlinecurrently
Miss Melonade ♥
Spring '21 Bingo Completionist
Miss Melonade ♥ Avatar
I've Grown Tired of This Body, Cumbersome and Heavy