write a reply

gamer confessions

221written posts
sielearned bits
offlinecurrently
siel
siel Avatar
Star Ocean: Second Story R is SO GOOD! like i put off trying it bc i thought 2D pixel characters + 3D environment would be too jarring but wow i fell in love. the hybrid real-time combat with all the flashy but weighty effects was refreshingly chaotic as i've been mostly playing pure turn-based jrpgs like SMT and Fire Emblem. i like that for protagonists, i can play as either Claude or Rena (picked Rena tho just to see if they'd do a female protag right). combat-wise Rena is pretty interesting, starts out healer-focused and since i was a newb i didn't know how to keep everyone alive very easily, but once i started maxing out Gravity Crush it was really satisfying to alternate between tossing heals and stomping enemies (a much more dimensional playstyle than pure DPS, reminded me of what i love about WoW healer gameplay).

in the end though, Precis ended up being my favorite character, most unique spells where you boing around the screen like a rabbit bonking people with your robot minions.

overall the story, art, and music were fantastic as well and i wonder if the other Star Oceans hold up to this. Square Enix even released an anime opening to hype this game and honestly it's pretty great haha
aliasray
pronounshe/him
97written posts
scaramoucheearned bits
offlinecurrently
scaramouche
scaramouche Avatar
one spark baby!
played windtrace event on genshin and chose to play alhaitham. watched the hunter change from wanderer to kaveh and raised my brows but thought little of it until we got into the level.

and then the kaveh proceeded to follow me around on the map the entire time while the other players said "COUPLE FIGHT" in the chat. lol it was wild but at least we won since kaveh was so obsessed with me that he didn't bother the other rebels.
pronounsshe/her
119written posts
merriearned bits
offlinecurrently
merri
merri Avatar
(Sorry for the double post)

It's sad that I'll lose motivation to play Genshin from about late April until July when a new region is close to being released and the drip marketing and video previews have slowly begun to be pushed out. I love the music and thoroughly enjoy the main story's lore, but something, and maybe it's simply because it's a busier time of year, pushes me away from it. Then, my reason for jumping back in is to 100% the region map before the next region comes out (me with every region except Fontaine and Chenyu Vale 100%ed).

I hope they give us a summer event like the Golden Apple Archipelago to excite me. Last year's event was mediocre at best, even though it did have some fun little Fontaine lore crumbs.
aliasvelk, cyan
pronounsshe/her
59written posts
safi'jiivaearned bits
offlinecurrently
safi'jiiva
safi'jiiva Avatar
sometimes, things that are edgy are cool
i haven't played destiny in YEARS but the final shape made me cry like a baby.

i didn't think "you're my favourite" would ever make me start crying lmfao
local boogeyman
aliasbex, jeepers cats
pronounsshe/her or any pronouns
802written posts
profit of doomearned bits
onlinecurrently
profit of doom
Part of the Furniture
profit of doom Avatar
they pull the axe out your face and say "was it the boogeyman?"
safi'jiiva Avatar
i haven't played destiny in YEARS but the final shape made me cry like a baby.

i didn't think "you're my favourite" would ever make me start crying lmfao
real
aliaspor, sef, jdawg
pronounsshe | her
548written posts
porsefearned bits
offlinecurrently
porsef
Part of the Furniture
porsef Avatar
chichi wo moge
Mouse Avatar
The new Dragon Age just doesn't look good to me. The trailer felt weird and the gameplay preview didn't win me over either. GL Bioware.

agree...

watching it felt like they took away what made me love the series and packaged it into something more generic.
my first thought was 'bioware should have packaged this under another title' instead of making it the next installment after one of the better dragon age games (inquisition).