aliasCel, Nightlock
pronounsShe/They
802written posts
CELearned bits
offlinecurrently
CEL
Part of the Furniture
CEL Avatar
oh, i leave quite an impression; five feet, to be exact.
nothing gets between a delusional writer and a location she didnt know existed but also was exactly what she wrote about

(touches podium) st andrews cathedral you are SO important to me i cant believe you actually exist and i am here and i have seen with my own two eyes where my two jesus/judas-orpheus/eurydice-hero/villain children fought to the death, lost an arm, and/or died. actually sobbing screaming throwing up rn

coming soon.
sdkvnklweanl;
aliastanzaku, tanz, tan-tan, egao, protag, chapel, tbotc
pronounsshe/her
1,550written posts
very mommyearned bits
offlinecurrently
very mommy
Part of the Furniture
very mommy Avatar
maybe wallace being my fav was foreshadowing
AkiraTsunami Avatar
i have disappeared for half a century...

this is why you’ll never be the last poster to win…

【 POKEMON EVOLUTION: TERRORS 】
(latest update: 8/28 wall of update)
245written posts
travellerearned bits
offlinecurrently
traveller
traveller Avatar

there are bad faith actors deliberately causing problems. when you've seen people actually sit on "canon positions" just for the sake of denying other people, or "sniping" face claims: this is where the line draws.
Is this actually a real thing that happens, and not just people who got a canon position/FC and then just…don’t get to go to the entire writing part of the hobby?

I’m having a difficult time believing there are a) people who do this to deliberately cause problems and b) people who actually admit to this and it’s not just some speculation.

Once you get into a negative mindset, it’s easy to start seeing evidence of malice where none exists. Maybe I’m too positive that “ha ha, I am going to take this canon position just so no one can take it!” seems like an absurd position to take.
"Someone's got to die today and you have got the final say. You? Or your crew?"
the narrative
aliasCel, Nightlock
pronounsShe/They
802written posts
CELearned bits
offlinecurrently
CEL
Part of the Furniture
CEL Avatar
oh, i leave quite an impression; five feet, to be exact.
(in tears) its only been 2 days and 2 nights where ive spent more than 70% of my time walking, getting lost, or in public transport while i have a mid hostel with a shitty bathroom and i already never want to leave singapore

coming soon.
pronounsAny
578written posts
offlinecurrently
𝐹𝑒𝓇𝒶𝓁
Part of the Furniture
𝐹𝑒𝓇𝒶𝓁 Avatar
Okay, but wanting your social lives separate from your rp lives feels counter-intuitive.

I'm more inclined to plot with people I'm friends with than take a risk on a stranger that may ghost in a few days.

I'll still post with strangers, it's just less stressful if it's someone you've gotten comfortable with.

pronounshe/him
793written posts
illidan mainearned bits
offlinecurrently
illidan main
Part of the Furniture
illidan main Avatar
𝐹𝑒𝓇𝒶𝓁 Avatar
Okay, but wanting your social lives separate from your rp lives feels counter-intuitive.

I'm more inclined to plot with people I'm friends with than take a risk on a stranger that may ghost in a few days.

I'll still post with strangers, it's just less stressful if it's someone you've gotten comfortable with.
there's a difference between "comfortable" and "friend" to me, tho, so like. while i'm social with my rp buddies, they're kinda kept at a certain distance unless we're actually friends. i'm fine with just being Friendly Acquaintances with most people I RP with.

like there's 2 circles of friendship and the outside circle is just people you aren't necessarily close with but do stuff with regularly, and i think most rp partners go there.

also

traveller Avatar

there are bad faith actors deliberately causing problems. when you've seen people actually sit on "canon positions" just for the sake of denying other people, or "sniping" face claims: this is where the line draws.
Is this actually a real thing that happens, and not just people who got a canon position/FC and then just…don’t get to go to the entire writing part of the hobby?

I’m having a difficult time believing there are a) people who do this to deliberately cause problems and b) people who actually admit to this and it’s not just some speculation.

Once you get into a negative mindset, it’s easy to start seeing evidence of malice where none exists. Maybe I’m too positive that “ha ha, I am going to take this canon position just so no one can take it!” seems like an absurd position to take.
i won't dispute that there isn't one person or clique that does it, but most of it just seems to be general inactivity in the animanga community, as it's been for all time. i don't think every case is malicious.

last edit on Oct 1, 2024 17:57:12 GMT by illidan main

avatar and hover by phobic art, commissioned for me
245written posts
travellerearned bits
offlinecurrently
traveller
traveller Avatar
illidan main Avatar
i won't dispute that there isn't one person or clique that does it, but most of it just seems to be general inactivity in the animanga community, as it's been for all time. i don't think every case is malicious.

Like, yeah, sure, there's probably maybe someone or a group of friends who are still in their hilarious 1990s Disney villain arc, but I can't conceive it's some widespread problem the RP community is grievously suffering from. 
last edit on Oct 1, 2024 20:49:02 GMT by traveller
"Someone's got to die today and you have got the final say. You? Or your crew?"
aliaspor, sef, jdawg
pronounsshe | her
550written posts
porsefearned bits
offlinecurrently
porsef
Part of the Furniture
porsef Avatar
chichi wo moge
bc Avatar
porsef Avatar
u need a buddy? i got u. 👏
🥹 i moved to another country (for a semester; i’m studying abroad) and all my ability and motivation to write evaporated aaaaa but i rlly want to get back into rping !!!

aaa thts so exciting! have fun omg... and study hard!!
internally screaming
pronounsshe/her
1,823written posts
Nekoearned bits
offlinecurrently
Neko
Administrator
Neko Avatar
stressed, depressed, and probably not well-dressed
illidan main Avatar
there's a difference between "comfortable" and "friend" to me, tho, so like. while i'm social with my rp buddies, they're kinda kept at a certain distance unless we're actually friends. i'm fine with just being Friendly Acquaintances with most people I RP with.

like there's 2 circles of friendship and the outside circle is just people you aren't necessarily close with but do stuff with regularly, and i think most rp partners go there.

Actually same hat. You can be friendly with everyone, but that doesn't mean they're a partner or friend. I think it's almost "parasocial" to think people are friends with you just because you write with them or take a want ad. That seems really emotionally intrusive to each other when they might just be friendly acquaintances or something. Like if someone told me "oh you're like family to me" (which my friends are) I would be very uncomfortable. Some people actively have different ways to sorting their relationships.

I want my social life horribly separate from what I do online. To say that I want no social interaction at all would be impossible. However I consider 'friendships' to be more than just a person on a site I've known for five months. It doesn't help I have a unique problem in my brain that very much separates friends and randoms I know online. (I mean I married my long time rp partner, am friends with a few dozen others, but that's over 3 plus years of knowing each other rather than a single site - they've lasted the test of time that I know they won't flake.)

I think it's perfectly reasonable for others to see others as friends, I just don't think it's reasonable to think everyone needs to feel the same way.
write a reply

QUICK REPLY

WRITE YOUR POST DOWN BELOW