write a reply

Post a Random Thought

pronounsD A R K
273written posts
offlinecurrently
Death is just a new beginning.
Salmon Avatar
Wish people would stop steeling me to become a baker when I tell them about the baking I do at home. Working in a bakery means making bread. So much bread... I'd also like to continue enjoying baking at home. Imagine waking up at sparrowfart and going to bake all day. You come home and bake and its like woa just like work except I'm doing it for free. No thanks
It's the same with art, what you like to draw, MAKE A JOB OUT OF IT. For me currently it's what you like to write? WRITE A NOVEL, DO IT MAKE THE MONEEEEY!!!!

last edit on Sept 22, 2023 15:27:20 GMT by 𝓛𝓪𝓭𝔂 𝓐𝓭𝓲𝓻𝓪
Tidal Wave
aliasAkira, Tsunami, Tsu, Aki
pronounsAny
4,225written posts
AkiraTsunamiearned bits
offlinecurrently
AkiraTsunami
Part of the Furniture
AkiraTsunami Avatar
I've got a hurricane in my head, I can't feel a thing, but it's better than dead
tis cold and flu season and I am so sorry for those with children/those that work with children. the kids man. the kids. here's to being sick til march.

local boogeyman
aliasbex, jeepers cats
pronounsshe/her or any pronouns
812written posts
bexearned bits
offlinecurrently
bex
Part of the Furniture
bex Avatar
they pull the axe out your face and say "was it the boogeyman?"
AkiraTsunami Avatar
tis cold and flu season and I am so sorry for those with children/those that work with children. the kids man. the kids. here's to being sick til march.
i gave one of my students extremely mild grief (i made a passing joke about them possibly getting me sick) and they said they felt guilty for it and i felt so guilty LMAO 
local boogeyman
aliasbex, jeepers cats
pronounsshe/her or any pronouns
812written posts
bexearned bits
offlinecurrently
bex
Part of the Furniture
bex Avatar
they pull the axe out your face and say "was it the boogeyman?"
not to basically double post but a band i like had been caught up in a scandal recently bc their douchebag lead singer had made some aggressively transphobic (and just horrible comments in general) comments. and for once, the band actually held the dude accountable and fired his ass. he found out on social media LMAO
internally screaming
pronounsshe/her
1,833written posts
Nekoearned bits
offlinecurrently
Neko
Administrator
Neko Avatar
stressed, depressed, and probably not well-dressed
why my neighbor has three literal bricks of butter in her fridge is beyond me. Giant bricks the size of my hand and it's not the butter sticks, this is a butter brick and I'm like why do you have three, you don't like butter.

sdkvnklweanl;
aliastanzaku, tanz, tan-tan, egao, protag, chapel, tbotc
pronounsshe/her
1,564written posts
offlinecurrently
next khunbam hug when
Part of the Furniture
next khunbam hug when Avatar
maybe wallace being my fav was foreshadowing
my middle finger is healed but now i need to repractice typing again with it like right now holy shit why is it hard it's only been a week

【 POKEMON EVOLUTION: TERRORS 】
(latest update: 8/28 wall of update)
Rodent King
aliasditz
pronounsMale
1,738written posts
Mouseearned bits
onlinecurrently
Mouse
Part of the Furniture
Mouse Avatar
where fears and lies melt away.
bex Avatar
AkiraTsunami Avatar
i gave one of my students extremely mild grief (i made a passing joke about them possibly getting me sick) and they said they felt guilty for it and i felt so guilty LMAO 

I'm blaming you both. You mentioned flu season and I immediately woke up sick today.
0written posts
Deletedearned bits
offlinecurrently
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
RP Confession: I love magic schools, but I never know how to make them without just being SoL
  • #1 prestige academy in the world and everyone goes there, even with a horribly conflicted world state that spills into the school?
  • It's not actually a "school" so much as a "training facility" and they're all in some kind of active training program? (( but then why a school and not just a - ))
  • Maybe the Dragon Age/The Magicians route, where magic has serious drawbacks and if you're not actively learning to defend yourself from demons, your degree will be awarded to a lobotomized vegetable?
  • is it bullies? are bullies the plot??

I can't with the "there are also supernaturals and people are shitty to them" takes

I guess there's always the argument that "this setting inherently leans itself to personal development and therefore doesn't need overarching turmoil — you get exactly as much plot as you bring to the table", but then that just doesn't feel satisfying to my political-intrigue loving ass

More aside, but ponderances like this are also kinda why I dislike HP, because people just don't bother making original magic schools when everyone and their grandma knows the lore for HP and you can just go "It's HP, but Ancient Egyptian and the houses are our Gods" and like ten million more people will jump on that over reading original lore

Idk, anyone else got a similar sticking point, whether it's with magic schools or another genre?
aliasAsu
pronounsshe/her/hers
434written posts
Asuearned bits
offlinecurrently
Asu
Asu Avatar
With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world.
noire Avatar
RP Confession: I love magic schools, but I never know how to make them without just being SoL
  • #1 prestige academy in the world and everyone goes there, even with a horribly conflicted world state that spills into the school?
  • It's not actually a "school" so much as a "training facility" and they're all in some kind of active training program? (( but then why a school and not just a - ))
  • Maybe the Dragon Age/The Magicians route, where magic has serious drawbacks and if you're not actively learning to defend yourself from demons, your degree will be awarded to a lobotomized vegetable?
  • is it bullies? are bullies the plot??

I can't with the "there are also supernaturals and people are shitty to them" takes

I guess there's always the argument that "this setting inherently leans itself to personal development and therefore doesn't need overarching turmoil — you get exactly as much plot as you bring to the table", but then that just doesn't feel satisfying to my political-intrigue loving ass

More aside, but ponderances like this are also kinda why I dislike HP, because people just don't bother making original magic schools when everyone and their grandma knows the lore for HP and you can just go "It's HP, but Ancient Egyptian and the houses are our Gods" and like ten million more people will jump on that over reading original lore

Idk, anyone else got a similar sticking point, whether it's with magic schools or another genre?
Yoooo I really love The Magicians and would love the setting a lot!! I think the school setting has a lot of potential for political intrigue. I know that Harry Potter had basically been the stencil for the magical school genre, but it could really be the backdrop for some outside world commentary as a microcosm of what the magical community looks like. The Magicians setting would definitely be what I'd like to end up writing in this genre.
sdkvnklweanl;
aliastanzaku, tanz, tan-tan, egao, protag, chapel, tbotc
pronounsshe/her
1,564written posts
offlinecurrently
next khunbam hug when
Part of the Furniture
next khunbam hug when Avatar
maybe wallace being my fav was foreshadowing
i was going to complain about my insomnia but i see discussion of a magic school full of wonder and open lore

and i would like to play as a human chef named warly

i always play as a human chef named warly

【 POKEMON EVOLUTION: TERRORS 】
(latest update: 8/28 wall of update)
write a reply

QUICK REPLY

WRITE YOUR POST DOWN BELOW