aliasfreiheit, microwaved burrito
pronounsany
1,539written posts
pharaoh leapearned bits
offlinecurrently
pharaoh leap
Administrator
pharaoh leap Avatar
i've been having some pretty dark thoughts.
kappaccino Avatar
Just when I think I'm finally understanding coding again after such a huge break, I check the template I just made on another computer and see it's full of ugly scrollbars on there. </3 

is there a tutorial/way on adding scrollbars to templates that work on everything? 

The easiest way is to: set all your values to !important, and make sure to include border-radius and border, even if your scrollbar uses neither. Just set them to 0px/none (and also !important). Most site-wide scrollbar stylings mess up individual template stylings when they include those two things - and while a very specifically coded scrollbar may have even more (I think I personally did, like, some inset shadow on one once, heavens only knows why), you'll pretty much protect yourself from scrollbar breaks 95% of the time just by making sure your border and border-radius values are set to exactly what you want them as.

Also, make sure to never just put "::webkit-scroll" or whatever the heck that syntax is, sdfkljsdhfkjsdh, into your template, since that'll then override (or be overridden BY) other templates on the page. Make sure you specify exactly which class that has the scroll. o>
aliasravyn, ori
pronounshe / they
419written posts
rav⭑earned bits
offlinecurrently
rav⭑
rav⭑ Avatar
got into a rut writing wise, and started organizing all the icons i've collected over the years, which resulted in me making icons for the last day and a half... even if they're simple icons, it's still entertaining and keeps my motivation going!
pronounsShe/Her
306written posts
offlinecurrently
Miss Melonade ♥
Spring '21 Bingo Completionist
Miss Melonade ♥ Avatar
I've Grown Tired of This Body, Cumbersome and Heavy
dandy Avatar
There's actually people out there who can wake up before 9 am, go the whole day without caffeine or a nap, then go to bed at a decent time? And you mean to tell me they actually enjoy waking up at such an awful time?

My dad avidly wakes up at 5AM, partly for work but also that's just... when he wakes up?? He gives me shit cause "I wake up at unnatural hours." and I'm always like "Bitch you too??"
write a reply

QUICK REPLY

WRITE YOUR POST DOWN BELOW