write a reply

Sites You Want To See

446written posts
wolfeearned bits
offlinecurrently
wolfe
wolfe Avatar
shizuka Avatar

unrelated but i wonder how cool would it be if there existed rp sites that were part-ttrpg style. people plot and rp as normal, but maybe once or twice a month, certain mods or even members sign up to be dms and play out one-shots with appropriate sized groups of on-site characters. could be missions or slice of life social activities or classic dungeon delving for the fantasy combat themed rps.

Noting that this does happen. This was super big and pretty standard in MHA forums a few years ago where all of the big players did it and competed to do it better than our competitors and has shifted around a bit since then from staffers like me who ended up doing other stuff but keeping that same concept/structure in place but adding their own way of doing it.

This sort of stuff, if properly supported can be maintained for years with members/staff taking turns running events. I've had a lot of fun with this over the past few years and I wish more sites tried it out.

Now to add in the request to keep in spirit of the thread give me an ORV universe RP pls and thank you.
last edit on Feb 28, 2022 3:13:20 GMT by wolfe
phantom of the black parade
pronounsshe / her pronouns
4,360written posts
Kuroyaearned bits
onlinecurrently
Kuroya
Part of the Furniture
Kuroya Avatar
what do you want to know? my height, hobbies, quirks, the color of my underwear?
Ludo Avatar
Codingway Avatar
Both panfandom and oc only sounds good for twst RP. Tbh lets just chuck em in together for maximum awesomeness.
I'd love to see this concept be applied to maybe a psuedospirits type panfandom, like, make canon character but adapt them to the setting rather than having them pulled into it or something?(but still like...have them use their own faces) because I feel like that's the best of both worlds really?

honestly, i was just rambling about this with a friend, and i honestly think this would be super cool for a "spirits" panfandom concept.

since i mean. twst does canonically have different universes + the schools recruit between them, so. you could absolutely get away with having each series be its own "universe", with players coordinating exactly what that ends up looking like to establish a consistent baseline for what's going on with that universe (such as having all the genshin arcs happen at the same time but maybe in different stages + to different degrees, like having stormterror come from "oh, venti was the descendant of a long line of dragon tamers, but he didn't want to tame a dragon, so he lost control of the one he was supposed to watch and now he's a problem child fleeing from the problems he has created").

basically, just reverse kingdom hearts it + let people get however funky they might need to if it makes things work better

the eldritch truth
pronounsHe/Him
1,102written posts
Phantasmearned bits
offlinecurrently
Phantasm
Part of the Furniture
Phantasm Avatar
porsef Avatar
dark fantasy pls...

give me dark souls or elden ring vibes. miyazaki inspired pls.

Umbasa

Now I want some kind of site where demons souls dark souls Bloodborne and elden ring are all canon to each other somehow lol

And kings field and their older games too almost forgot

Maybe elden ring is the new painted world and you can play chars from any era transported there as tarnished or smthn idk
last edit on Mar 3, 2022 16:02:48 GMT by Phantasm
aliaspor, sef, jdawg
pronounsshe | her
548written posts
porsefearned bits
offlinecurrently
porsef
Part of the Furniture
porsef Avatar
chichi wo moge
Phantasm Avatar
porsef Avatar
dark fantasy pls...

give me dark souls or elden ring vibes. miyazaki inspired pls.
Umbasa

Now I want some kind of site where demons souls dark souls Bloodborne and elden ring are all canon to each other somehow lol

And kings field and their older games too almost forgot

Maybe elden ring is the new painted world and you can play chars from any era transported there as tarnished or smthn idk

that sounds low key really sweet
aliasphimbolina
pronounsfeminine
569written posts
PHIMBOearned bits
offlinecurrently
PHIMBO
Part of the Furniture
PHIMBO Avatar
So, too, is Death possessed of infinite strategies and a gaunt nature.
the batman got me thinking—

a dark and gritty MODERN GOTHIC city that evokes the style of film noir. something cynical; a black-and-white melodrama about private eyes, femme fatales, criminal gangs, etc. viligantes are actually rogue detectives (the kind the police are averse to work with). not to mention the city's political infrastructure and established oligarchs are obvsly corrupt.  addendum: the toxic waste at "Ace Chemicals" plant may or may not be fatal).