94written posts
pomponearned bits
offlinecurrently
pompon
pompon Avatar
yuhhh get into it
ninelie Avatar
Kay Avatar
In a mood for something Elden Ring inspired, though story driven and freeform cause I can't do the grind like I used to (stats are fine but don't make me focus too much on upgrades, battle systems and ranks). But ya, the lore gives you so many fun pieces to work with. Pick the pieces you want and make your own kingdom or empire based on it.
I went on a lore binge so honestly seconding this. I'd love to see a more chaotic setting though (like currently how the game is, to be honest) where large kingdoms and factions are fractured/at the brink of death, and it's every man for himself. Smaller fringe groups would still be cool tho, like the Black Knives and the bitter remnants of the Golden Order.

Can't fathom for the life of me what the sort of central site plot would be and how it can be moved forwards with multiple chess pieces on the board, since it'd be kind of crazy to have the gods/demigods playable (or even available in a sense) so it might situate better perhaps as an AU/post-ending sort of thing.
i have also been obsessed with elden ring the past couple weeks + think an elden ring-inspired site would be *chef kiss* but if it were to happen i think i'd like it to emulate the experience i had while first playing it rather than emulating the lore itself. an integral part of my experience was dying hundreds of times to a boss only to get a single talisman at the end of it — but with rly enticing scraps of lore represented in the item's description. to me a big part of the beauty of elden ring's lore was the process of piecing it together

like ninelie, i also think a big part of the game's atmosphere and tone is nested in the fact that the protagonist is entering the lands between AFTER the bulk of the conflict has swept through. a lot of the big battles have already been fought, the big moves already employed. however beautiful, the world is also empty and desolate (and beautiful b/c of it. one of my favourite parts of the game are the sword memorials and i'm doing another playthrough to try and document them all). there are not so many "players" in the plot as there are "survivors" of a plot that already happened

imo, it would be interesting to see a site based on that exploration/discovery aspect of elden ring. the unlocking of regions, learning more and more about the world's story as players interact with artifacts and remnants of a previously thriving world. event threads organized like expeditions into the unknown. they bring back more casualties than information, but what information they do bring back are added to the site's collection of information on the known world and fiercely analyzed. ofc there could (and prob should) still be factions, gods and their followers, crumbling orders, etc, but i've seen a lot of those types of sites around and not many of the discovery-centred ones and would love a breath of fresh air

i feel like a site like this would necessitate an original plot — ie, no queen marika, radahn, or even no greater will — but the game alludes to so many other outer gods anyway that i'm sure another story of the same calibre/"main conflict" can be constructed to achieve the same flavour of the original game
take it easy.
aliascae
pronounsshe/her
534written posts
caeearned bits
offlinecurrently
cae
Part of the Furniture
cae Avatar
let's live our lives heroically / let's live our lives with style
ninelie Avatar
Kay Avatar
In a mood for something Elden Ring inspired, though story driven and freeform cause I can't do the grind like I used to (stats are fine but don't make me focus too much on upgrades, battle systems and ranks). But ya, the lore gives you so many fun pieces to work with. Pick the pieces you want and make your own kingdom or empire based on it.
I went on a lore binge so honestly seconding this. I'd love to see a more chaotic setting though (like currently how the game is, to be honest) where large kingdoms and factions are fractured/at the brink of death, and it's every man for himself. Smaller fringe groups would still be cool tho, like the Black Knives and the bitter remnants of the Golden Order.

Can't fathom for the life of me what the sort of central site plot would be and how it can be moved forwards with multiple chess pieces on the board, since it'd be kind of crazy to have the gods/demigods playable (or even available in a sense) so it might situate better perhaps as an AU/post-ending sort of thing.
i feel a central plot (or @ least, a general thing for characters to strive towards, potentially) could just be seeking out the elden ring or whatever magical mcguffin might exist to become Space God/rule over the world. within the game, there are intricate quest chains concerning this goal. people could plot out similar stuff?

demi-gods could also work, i think, if they were canons with the optional(?) requirement that they be heavily crippled in some way as they are in game (if power levels are a concern). e.g. malenia slowly rotting from the inside out. spoiler for the final boss:

it's the only actual god you can interact with -- but it's not really a "person", more like a living concept. i could be wrong on this though because i'm still getting wasted in caelid

last edit on Mar 30, 2022 22:05:48 GMT by cae
The Schediest of All
aliasSche
pronounsShe/her
90written posts
Codingwayearned bits
offlinecurrently
Codingway
Codingway Avatar
She'll tell you a fairy tale, or maybe she'll show your fate....
An AU (?) Harry Potter RP where some witches and wizards decide to take some of our everyday devices eg computers smartphones tablets (of course going against the whole should we incorporate mugglemade items into our world or not matter) and revolutionize the wizarding world with Magitek. Then quickly evolves and we now got a cyberpunk wizarding world.

And ofc we got the traditionalists who dislike the use and thinks these muggle devices should have never been brought in while there are those who defend the magitek revolution.
last edit on Apr 4, 2022 23:17:57 GMT by Codingway

the eldritch truth
pronounsHe/Him
1,102written posts
Phantasmearned bits
offlinecurrently
Phantasm
Part of the Furniture
Phantasm Avatar
I've been thinking about Bronze Age stuff a little lately. Generally, not really in reference to a site - though I'd like to see one.

I feel like you don't really see it too often. Only prominent works I can think of are Tyranny (good game) and Earthsea (haven't read them), but the setting could be really interesting in my eyes. I've always been intrigued by settings and societies that seem 'alien' to modern people (in fantasy) and in some regards a lot of the bronze age civilizations feel like that.

The ancient polytheistic religions, cultural heroes, local traditions, 'primitive' writing using tablets and runes and stuff. I don't really like cultural analogues (hmm this fantasy race speaks a latin-y language and has a giant oppressive empire) so creative blending or creation of cultures could help a lot to creating a unique setting.

Anyway, a bronze age site would be cool. Though I'm not really into straight historical writing. So maybe a regressed version of some existing franchise, or something original but distinctly fantasy. Idk how feasible any of that is though and I'm more just singing the praises of something I feel is undervalued in general.
pronounsThey/Them
547written posts
Ludoearned bits
offlinecurrently
Ludo
Part of the Furniture
Ludo Avatar
I really want to see someone make a site based off the Owl House, especially with such an interesting take on the witch school and the covens? Not even necessarily set IN the own house universe, I'd just love to see a school based witch site take inspiration from that setting!
local boogeyman
aliasbex, jeepers cats
pronounsshe/her or any pronouns
806written posts
profit of doomearned bits
onlinecurrently
profit of doom
Part of the Furniture
profit of doom Avatar
they pull the axe out your face and say "was it the boogeyman?"
Neko Avatar
I miss the days of complete anarchy and stupid plots.

Someone give me "everyone's trapped in a haunted walmart"
so literally anything we do, then
0written posts
Deletedearned bits
offlinecurrently
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
Codingway Avatar
A roleplay where it revolves around song magic eg Ar Tonelico inspired. Would love to see a site revolving around magic music.
no idea how to do songs in posts but the worldbuilding for ar tonelico? 1000000% can't get enough. i love how you can just keep reading the wiki and still learn about new things after 5+ years, i love the OS comparisons, i love the amount of actual-tech terms (chmod ily) in the songs, also the functions? --

oh wait wrong thread. 

anyway: the lore! it's so fleshed out that a site based on ar ciel would have been brilliant. forests on metal plates and all that ahh. too bad it's pretty niche though, I think? 
the waking storm
aliasLuxu, Galeforce, TenebraeQueene
pronounsShe/They
345written posts
tenebraeearned bits
offlinecurrently
tenebrae
tenebrae Avatar
i bit the tongue behind my teeth (it was never good enough for me)
Where are all the KH fans at? Seriously, With KH4 announced we (almost) literally have NO excuse not to have one! And even better you can make it in a brand new universe with whatever (non) Disney worlds you want now! You can just throw canons/ocs into the world of Unreality/Fiction and call it a day! It's lowkey a "afterlife" setting but also "real world-esque" setting with Heartless, Keyblades, and magic, thrown in the mix! You can do so much with this! Be creative! Go wild! have fun! Make it a straight up AU with no canon plot holding it down! Please, I've wanted a new KH site for so long! ;w;
last edit on Apr 10, 2022 23:04:22 GMT by tenebrae
the waking storm
aliasLuxu, Galeforce, TenebraeQueene
pronounsShe/They
345written posts
tenebraeearned bits
offlinecurrently
tenebrae
tenebrae Avatar
i bit the tongue behind my teeth (it was never good enough for me)
I want something kinda like Overlord, where Players and NPCs from a videogame are transported to a fantasy world. I dunno how it would work, but I'm sure it would be pretty fun!
last edit on Apr 22, 2022 16:20:29 GMT by tenebrae
pronounsshe/her
53written posts
braveoearned bits
offlinecurrently
braveo
braveo Avatar
This might give early 2010 vibes, but I'd really love to see someone make a Love Live! themed site with a twist! Maybe an AU? I've seen a couple of successful slice-of-life/drama orientated idol RP sites, and I think the LL! series has good potential to be expounded on in RP form.

It would be really nice to see someone take a twist on school idols and perhaps include a sort of magic system, as the series is very fanciful in itself! Maybe like a magic battle of the bands/idols sort of thing? Since the series has a gacha game, the attributes and systems from the mobile game can be manipulated into a roleplay magic system. 

There's a lot of room for in-character plotting and customization with this sort of idea too, as the LL! is really centered around teamwork and friendship. ICly, can create their own personas and represent themselves with an image color, make their own music/choreography, and magic-music-battle their way to winning the Love Live! tournament? 

anyway, it's something I have ideas for, would love to help out with, and would love to see someone take interest in!! 
last edit on Apr 25, 2022 23:04:20 GMT by braveo
phantom of the black parade
pronounsshe / her pronouns
4,358written posts
Kuroyaearned bits
offlinecurrently
Kuroya
Part of the Furniture
Kuroya Avatar
what do you want to know? my height, hobbies, quirks, the color of my underwear?
i once again beg into the void for a stable + well-done animanga sandbox / multigenre site so that it can be everyone's turn to rp zhongli + people don't have to feel bad about just wanting to rp in one specific setting or one specific person-
last edit on Apr 26, 2022 2:52:05 GMT by Kuroya