Sites You Want To See

pronounsShe-Her
102written posts
Elaysaearned bits
offlinecurrently
Elaysa
Elaysa Avatar
I'm actually a cat person
Part of me wants to see more slice-of-life sites... except not set in the modern world. A slice-of-life site set in a medieval village located in the middle of nowhere (could be located in the middle of some haunted woods, for some added suspense). Sweet and simple. Little to no politics, can have some light fantasy elements to sweeten it, no complicated lore, just a bunch of people trying to make it through the winter
local boogeyman
aliasbex, jeepers cats
pronounsshe/her or any pronouns
805written posts
profit of doomearned bits
onlinecurrently
profit of doom
Part of the Furniture
profit of doom Avatar
they pull the axe out your face and say "was it the boogeyman?"
Elaysa Avatar
Part of me wants to see more slice-of-life sites... except not set in the modern world. A slice-of-life site set in a medieval village located in the middle of nowhere (could be located in the middle of some haunted woods, for some added suspense). Sweet and simple. Little to no politics, can have some light fantasy elements to sweeten it, no complicated lore, just a bunch of people trying to make it through the winter

i love the idea of like people just like, seeing weird shit in the woods, sighing and just being like, "not my circus not my monkeys" and going back to their daily grind bc it's prep time for winter lmao
the chalk prince
aliasyuan
pronounsthey / them
976written posts
yuanearned bits
offlinecurrently
yuan
Part of the Furniture
yuan Avatar
existential execution is just a fluke in evolution.
King's Pawn Avatar
It's been said before and I'll say it again: non-isekai panfans
im on my hands and knees. Plz

edit: im editing to say i am literally so desperate for this concept that i'd get off my butt and attempt tocode a skin for whoever tries this LOL
last edit on Apr 21, 2023 4:50:17 GMT by yuan
stultifera navis
aliasnines
pronounsshe/her
567written posts
ninelieearned bits
offlinecurrently
ninelie
Part of the Furniture
ninelie Avatar
VOLITION [Medium: Success]
yuan Avatar
King's Pawn Avatar

edit: im editing to say i am literally so desperate for this concept that i'd get off my butt and attempt tocode a skin for whoever tries this LOL

As someone with almost virtually little to no experience with panfans, what constitutes a panfandom as 'non-isekai'? I thought the panfandom genre itself is synonymous to the isekai concept (characters from series being pulled from their respective worlds into another one) so I'm genuinely wondering. Is it like re-adaptation of existing canons and re-writing their lore to fit with the panfandom's world?

For my own 'sites I want to see' confession, I no-lifed Octopath Traveler 2 and it's got me feeling certain vibes again.

hover + icon by 旳---
Rodent King
aliasditz
pronounsMale
1,729written posts
Mouseearned bits
offlinecurrently
Mouse
Part of the Furniture
Mouse Avatar
where fears and lies melt away.
ninelie Avatar
For my own 'sites I want to see' confession, I no-lifed Octopath Traveler 2 and it's got me feeling certain vibes again.

I'd love a Octopath-inspired forum. That game was so good. The second one especially.
the chalk prince
aliasyuan
pronounsthey / them
976written posts
yuanearned bits
offlinecurrently
yuan
Part of the Furniture
yuan Avatar
existential execution is just a fluke in evolution.
ninelie Avatar
As someone with almost virtually little to no experience with panfans, what constitutes a panfandom as 'non-isekai'? I thought the panfandom genre itself is synonymous to the isekai concept (characters from series being pulled from their respective worlds into another one) so I'm genuinely wondering. Is it like re-adaptation of existing canons and re-writing their lore to fit with the panfandom's world?

yes! that is more or less what i would define as a non-isekai panfandom. very few genres can successfully pull it off, though!
pronounshe/him
789written posts
illidan mainearned bits
offlinecurrently
illidan main
Part of the Furniture
illidan main Avatar
yuan Avatar
literally a non-medieval/high fantasy-based panfandom. please im beggging
I thought Guardian and Reminiscent were the only ones that were medieval-ish fantasy?

We've got a solarpunk one somewhere, and Zugzwang is modern. Lovelorn has a heavy fantasy bent, but it's relatively modern. Horizon Line was sci-fi, I thought, but I could be wrong.

There's also a space station one somewhere, and someone on PP just started an intergalactic one.
last edit on Apr 21, 2023 15:48:10 GMT by illidan main

avatar and hover by phobic art, commissioned for me
pronounsshe/her
89written posts
plumearned bits
offlinecurrently
plum
plum Avatar
and i'm infinitely falling
Mouse Avatar
ninelie Avatar
I'd love a Octopath-inspired forum. That game was so good. The second one especially.

!!!!!!!!!!!! therion, my son. !!!! soso good. love the franchise. glad they made a second.
phantom of the black parade
pronounsshe / her pronouns
4,358written posts
Kuroyaearned bits
offlinecurrently
Kuroya
Part of the Furniture
Kuroya Avatar
what do you want to know? my height, hobbies, quirks, the color of my underwear?
something set in the world of vanitas no carte. the world-building is just chef's kiss, gotta be honest, and the imagery for the setting is amazing too

pronounsShe/they
11written posts
King's Pawnearned bits
offlinecurrently
King's Pawn
King's Pawn Avatar
Here lies the coffin of your pieces
yuan Avatar
King's Pawn Avatar

GOD please tag me if someone does... I cannot build a site for Shite but I'd be so damn down to write in it
pronounsThey/Them
547written posts
Ludoearned bits
offlinecurrently
Ludo
Part of the Furniture
Ludo Avatar
I would absolutely foam at the mouth for:

- A post series Owl House roleplay, the world that the end of the series set up is super interesting and it could make for such a fun magical school setting!

- A site based in Burton's version of Alice in Wonderland, no idea how it would work, but I found all the politics and history between the Red and White queen interesting, and there's A LOT of time sort of left open in that world that could be played with, maybe not with the exact 1:1 canon characters(and illustrated faces instead), but the same setting for sure
the waking storm
aliasLuxu, Galeforce, TenebraeQueene
pronounsShe/They
345written posts
tenebraeearned bits
offlinecurrently
tenebrae
tenebrae Avatar
i bit the tongue behind my teeth (it was never good enough for me)
it's probably solely due to hype but: honkai star rail. the scifi/fantasy setting is awesome. and i love the idea of philosophical paths as "classes".