sister ghoulearned bits
offlinecurrently
sister ghoul
Part of the Furniture
sister ghoul Avatar
they pull the axe out your face and say "was it the boogeyman?"
Sola Avatar
sister ghoul Avatar
i have the opposite problem. frequently inspired, absolutely no follow thru lmao 
wanna switch ? XD
Gladly 

local boogeyman
aliasbex, jeepers cats
pronounsshe/any
733written posts
sister ghoulearned bits
offlinecurrently
sister ghoul
Part of the Furniture
sister ghoul Avatar
double post but gun put to my head i don't think i can stop designing essentially the same board mod over and over again bc i am a hack and a fraud

frog on the floor
aliasfreiheit, microwaved burrito
pronounsany
1,515written posts
pharaoh leapearned bits
offlinecurrently
pharaoh leap
Administrator
pharaoh leap Avatar
i've been having some pretty dark thoughts.
Script made specifically with Jcink in mind. Try to port it over to Proboards anyway, thinking maybe it'll play nice with the Style Tags plugin. To the surprise of literally no one, it doesn't - but I gotta heckin' try. ToT
praise the cats!
aliasthomas, breezescodes
pronounshe/him
829written posts
bcearned bits
offlinecurrently
bc
Summer '19 Bingo Completionist
bc Avatar
this is my murder mittens ^-^
pharaoh leap Avatar
Script made specifically with Jcink in mind. Try to port it over to Proboards anyway, thinking maybe it'll play nice with the Style Tags plugin. To the surprise of literally no one, it doesn't - but I gotta heckin' try. ToT

most scripts need to be put in the global footer or something
pro boards style tag plugin doesnโ€™t allow js iirc u.u
frog on the floor
aliasfreiheit, microwaved burrito
pronounsany
1,515written posts
pharaoh leapearned bits
offlinecurrently
pharaoh leap
Administrator
pharaoh leap Avatar
i've been having some pretty dark thoughts.
bc Avatar
pharaoh leap Avatar

Oh, yeah, not on a post-by-post basis. You can stick scripts in pretty much any HTML template, though, so long as it's one that applies to the page you want that script to load on, and it'll almost always work - just with some weird interactions with any Proboards-built-in pagination content. :'c

The specific script I was trying to work with, though, wanted to interact with classes inside posting templates, so like member-posted content. The Style Tag Plugin must convert the psuedo-HTML you write into a post's content into real HTML at some point, since you can inspect it on browser and it'll show up like any HTML - so I was wondering, if the script ran after that conversion, if it could still work as intended. Buuuuuut apparently not. Unfortunately, I'm absolute TRASH with javascript, so I dunno if it's just because the order of operations was all out of whack (which is to say, if the Jcink script I was using was trying to identify HTML in a post that was still being read in psuedo-HTML), or if I'd messed up something when converting it for Proboards use, or if it was. Just. Something else entirely. *stares at hands*

All that to say: coding hard.
370written posts
elliearned bits
offlinecurrently
elli
elli Avatar
pharaoh leap Avatar
The specific script I was trying to work with, though, wanted to interact with classes inside posting templates, so like member-posted content. The Style Tag Plugin must convert the psuedo-HTML you write into a post's content into real HTML at some point, since you can inspect it on browser and it'll show up like any HTML - so I was wondering, if the script ran after that conversion, if it could still work as intended. Buuuuuut apparently not. Unfortunately, I'm absolute TRASH with javascript, so I dunno if it's just because the order of operations was all out of whack (which is to say, if the Jcink script I was using was trying to identify HTML in a post that was still being read in psuedo-HTML), or if I'd messed up something when converting it for Proboards use, or if it was. Just. Something else entirely. *stares at hands*

it was the order of execution, yeah. you can listen for the specific element to exist before making changes to it. the mutation observer API works best for this purpose but is an advanced concept. check it out:

bobbyhadz.com/blog/javascript-wait-for-element-to-exist
last edit on Nov 1, 2023 21:52:20 GMT by elli
After over 17 years, I've decided to move on from ProBoards. If you need to contact me, find me on my website.
praise the cats!
aliasthomas, breezescodes
pronounshe/him
829written posts
bcearned bits
offlinecurrently
bc
Summer '19 Bingo Completionist
bc Avatar
this is my murder mittens ^-^
pharaoh leap Avatar
bc Avatar
Oh, yeah, not on a post-by-post basis. You can stick scripts in pretty much any HTML template, though, so long as it's one that applies to the page you want that script to load on, and it'll almost always work - just with some weird interactions with any Proboards-built-in pagination content. :'c

All that to say: coding hard.

yeah i remember running into this problem and iโ€™m preeetty sure i put the script in the global footer and it fixed things

i donโ€™t remember specifically what i did, but i donโ€™t think i added any kind of listener. i mean i somehow got it to work for hoenn

OH WAIT I FOUND HOW I DID IT. go into plugins > build > style tag > components
and u can edit the javascript~

look for style_tag.init() and youโ€™ll want to insert your script after each instance. (itโ€™s a good idea to have your script in its own function so you can do this easily)

note tho i had both 2.2 and 2.1 of the style plugin but i seemed to have specifically gone w 2.1? idk why but yeahks kfls the picture here is style plugin 2.1. i'm wondering if it was just what the site had tho so it might also work for other version

another edit* in all likelihood u can probably justโ€ฆ put the script @ the bottom lol. window.onload = function script() {};
u shouldnโ€™t need to put it after every instance of style_tag.init(). havenโ€™t tested this out, but that just doesnโ€™t logic out lmao i was just new to js at the time zzzz
last edit on Nov 18, 2023 3:02:19 GMT by bc
local boogeyman
aliasbex, jeepers cats
pronounsshe/any
733written posts
sister ghoulearned bits
offlinecurrently
sister ghoul
Part of the Furniture
sister ghoul Avatar
*slams fist on table* you know what? i am tired of denying my truth. i am still a lobster liker. hell, i would dare say i am even still a lobster enjoyer. it's the only cursive font my dyslexic ass can read, dammit.
last edit on Nov 4, 2023 18:52:27 GMT by sister ghoul

kmsdvlajvkefk
aliastanzaku, tanz, tan-tan, egao, protag, chapel, tbotc
pronounsshe/her
1,343written posts
offlinecurrently
among us with feet
Part of the Furniture
among us with feet Avatar
emotional over wallace event/alt
sister ghoul Avatar
*slams fist on table* you know what? i am tired of denying my truth. i am still a lobster liker. hell, i would dare say i am even still a lobster enjoyer. it's the only cursive font my dyslexic ass can read, dammit.

Gonna add a lobster font in my site to target the dyslexic rp audience
local boogeyman
aliasbex, jeepers cats
pronounsshe/any
733written posts
sister ghoulearned bits
offlinecurrently
sister ghoul
Part of the Furniture
sister ghoul Avatar
if everyone could get an obnoxiously large screen resolution like me so it makes coding for me much easier that would be stupendous plskthx in advance! :)

local boogeyman
aliasbex, jeepers cats
pronounsshe/any
733written posts
sister ghoulearned bits
offlinecurrently
sister ghoul
Part of the Furniture
sister ghoul Avatar
Me: makes good process on actually finishing a skin for once
Also me: starts a new one that I like better and want to completely scrap the old one

pronounsfeminine
383written posts
idindinearned bits
offlinecurrently
idindin
idindin Avatar
no inspo, but also refusing to look at other designs to jog my brain just in case i forget about them and then proceed to have an eureka moment... but in truth i'm actually 'recalling' them and thinking those ideas are mine skdfhskdhf 

yes yes nothing new under the sun + no ideas are everrrr 100% original but like-- i'd rather not veer so close to people's designs, ya? ;v; intentionally or not, had it happen to me and that gut-drop feeling is so awful. don't wanna do it to other people orz 

maybe i'm taught wrong about the whole recall-ideas-as-yours thing but it's hard to drop smtg like a life advice at this point o<<
write a reply

QUICK REPLY

WRITE YOUR POST DOWN BELOW