pronounsshe/they
227written posts
hannyearned bits
offlinecurrently
hanny
hanny Avatar
「我等の天下だ 神など要らない。」
me: no i am not going to attempt coding in light mode

me, minding my own business at work: what if it was light mode and all of the images changed

me: maybe i'll attempt installing light mode

edit: i have installed light mode
last edit on Jun 19, 2024 5:51:38 GMT by hanny

ashes to ashes, dust to dust

ZETTAI ZETSUMEI [IC] - OPENING SEPT. 18TH
local boogeyman
aliasbex, jeepers cats
pronounsshe/her or any pronouns
802written posts
profit of doomearned bits
offlinecurrently
profit of doom
Part of the Furniture
profit of doom Avatar
they pull the axe out your face and say "was it the boogeyman?"
citrinitas Avatar
i haven't touched codepen in so long i'm afraid that i may have lost all my coding knowledge :")
this is so real tho. i do find that when i don't do it as often, it takes me awhile to kind of get back in the "groove" so to speak. like things that i can recall and free write without having to look up simply bc it's html basic stuff or is something i know intuitively bc i've done it so many times, like flexbox. it's like when you stop playing an mmo for awhile and you have to spend some time grinding stuff to work back up to where you were. it's not that you "lost" the skills so to speak. lowkey it's nice to know that other people feel this way and it's not just you y'know lmao
84written posts
cinearned bits
offlinecurrently
cin
cin Avatar
If this is not love, what should we call it?
i haven't coded in so long and it shows in the way i type text-size and pika surprise stare every single time nothing happens

i say this like i didn't always type font-align every single time when i was still coding regular

sdkvnklweanl;
aliastanzaku, tanz, tan-tan, egao, protag, chapel, tbotc
pronounsshe/her
1,520written posts
offlinecurrently
bisexual and ptsd
Part of the Furniture
bisexual and ptsd Avatar
emotional over wallace event/alt
merri Avatar
merri Avatar
I figured out how to nest divs in the bbcodes in jcink and I feel so proud of myself.

Follow-up: I now have no idea how to make it work when there are multiple bbcodes at play.

the custom bbcodes can be tricky since they're mean to be used for simple stuffs. i could help but jcodes.jcink.net/ can give you more reliable answers

【 POKEMON EVOLUTION: TERRORS 】
(latest update: 8/28 wall of update)
aliasantiviral
pronounsHe/Him
243written posts
Beetleearned bits
offlinecurrently
Beetle
Beetle Avatar
merri Avatar
merri Avatar
I figured out how to nest divs in the bbcodes in jcink and I feel so proud of myself.

Follow-up: I now have no idea how to make it work when there are multiple bbcodes at play.

The most important part is making sure you're commenting the bbcodes right. In practice, it looks like this:

Also, a trick to remember is if multiple BBCodes are meant to be used together, you can, for example, have the closing </div> for one BBCode in another one. I'm not the best at explaining things, but basically the way I try to keep it in mind is all the BBCode is doing is displaying text inside of it. As long as the combined structure works in "plain text" it doesn't really matter which BBCode it's in.

Solar Waltz, an 18+ panfandom set in NYC
internally screaming
pronounsshe/her
1,819written posts
Nekoearned bits
offlinecurrently
Neko
Administrator
Neko Avatar
stressed, depressed, and probably not well-dressed
yknow, I'm going to do my best to not just completely dump on a design. Cause if it's not for me, it's not for me.

I will absolutely look at you with disdain from my hovel if you use a somewhat transparent + blur option for large swaths of text because I feel like this is a full scale five world war attack to my eyes.

(again to be specific, do it, just don't expect my little eyeballs to read it.)

praise the cats!
aliasthomas, breezescodes
pronounshe/him
886written posts
bcearned bits
offlinecurrently
bc
Summer '19 Bingo Completionist
bc Avatar
this is my murder mittens ^-^
when it comes to code, aesthetic is function. and also i apologise profusely for the abominations of code i regularly write and release upon the world.
pronounshe/him
786written posts
illidan mainearned bits
offlinecurrently
illidan main
Part of the Furniture
illidan main Avatar
Neko Avatar
yknow, I'm going to do my best to not just completely dump on a design. Cause if it's not for me, it's not for me.

I will absolutely look at you with disdain from my hovel if you use a somewhat transparent + blur option for large swaths of text because I feel like this is a full scale five world war attack to my eyes.

(again to be specific, do it, just don't expect my little eyeballs to read it.)

i will absolutely dump on designs that do not fit the purpose they exist to do. if you put your aesthetic lyrics that i'm not supposed to GAF about in font like that, sure, cool. if you put your post that i'm meant to read in that, the design is bad. full stop.

it's why i tend to prefer sites that don't allow post templates tbh. i'm tired of bad design everywhere.

avatar and hover by phobic art, commissioned for me
aliashannyfish
pronounsshe/they
227written posts
hannyearned bits
offlinecurrently
hanny
hanny Avatar
「我等の天下だ 神など要らない。」
love thinking "yeah im done w this skin" and then in the middle of work im like "shit i didnt put (x thing) in" and then have to edit stuff

ashes to ashes, dust to dust

ZETTAI ZETSUMEI [IC] - OPENING SEPT. 18TH
write a reply

QUICK REPLY

WRITE YOUR POST DOWN BELOW