aliaslua
pronounsthey / them
973written posts
citrinitasearned bits
offlinecurrently
citrinitas
Part of the Furniture
citrinitas Avatar
existential execution is just a fluke in evolution.
Sola Avatar
If I could understand how to skin and the code that goes into it I would be so powerful.
alas, I can only just make my silly little templates.
if you're truly curious about the process, there are definitely guides out there that can teach you. there's nothing wrong with being self-taught, a lot of us are! i'm not perfect at it but if you were interested, i could offer some help.

good luck on your journey, wherever it takes you!
aliasBremusa
pronounsShe/They/Mew
54written posts
Bremusaearned bits
offlinecurrently
Bremusa
Bremusa Avatar
i need to bite someone NOW
citrinitas Avatar
Sola Avatar
If I could understand how to skin and the code that goes into it I would be so powerful.
alas, I can only just make my silly little templates.
if you're truly curious about the process, there are definitely guides out there that can teach you. there's nothing wrong with being self-taught, a lot of us are! i'm not perfect at it but if you were interested, i could offer some help.

do you have any recommended guides for skinning? i'm interested in learning but idk where to search/what tutorials are good :0
local boogeyman
aliasbex, jeepers cats
pronounsshe/her or any pronouns
798written posts
profit of doomearned bits
offlinecurrently
profit of doom
Part of the Furniture
profit of doom Avatar
they pull the axe out your face and say "was it the boogeyman?"
Bremusa Avatar
citrinitas Avatar

do you have any recommended guides for skinning? i'm interested in learning but idk where to search/what tutorials are good :0
funny that you mention that! i actually just found this place like 10 minutes ago. it's a base and for jcink, but what's nice about it is that this person labeled all of the variables for you, so until you're more comfortable, you can just kind of pick it apart and edit it to your heart's content. it's a fairly blank canvas as well, so there are a lot of things you could do to make your site look a little more unique even with a more limited skillset. i believe there's also a responsive version of it as well. 

i'm a "learn by doing" so this is the type of resource i would use to learn how to do something. i usually find that yeeting the entire stylesheet into codepen at the start, when i intend to skin something, helps tremendously when it comes to transferring the skin back to the site. it's kinda annoying to scroll up & down all the time, but don't be afraid to physically move elements around in your stylesheet. the thing won't break if you move the wrapper closer to the body and :root lmao
last edit on Jul 15, 2024 17:55:32 GMT by profit of doom
the chalk prince
aliaslua
pronounsthey / them
973written posts
citrinitasearned bits
offlinecurrently
citrinitas
Part of the Furniture
citrinitas Avatar
existential execution is just a fluke in evolution.
profit of doom Avatar
Bremusa Avatar
funny that you mention that! i actually just found this place like 10 minutes ago. it's a base and for jcink, but what's nice about it is that this person labeled all of the variables for you, so until you're more comfortable, you can just kind of pick it apart and edit it to your heart's content. it's a fairly blank canvas as well, so there are a lot of things you could do to make your site look a little more unique even with a more limited skillset. i believe there's also a responsive version of it as well. 

i'm a "learn by doing" so this is the type of resource i would use to learn how to do something. i usually find that yeeting the entire stylesheet into codepen at the start, when i intend to skin something, helps tremendously when it comes to transferring the skin back to the site. it's kinda annoying to scroll up & down all the time, but don't be afraid to physically move elements around in your stylesheet. the thing won't break if you move the wrapper closer to the body and :root lmao
yes! i've found that "doing it yourself" is a great way to force coding knowledge into ur brain.
pronounshe/him
781written posts
illidan mainearned bits
offlinecurrently
illidan main
Part of the Furniture
illidan main Avatar
Jcink also has labeled images and documents of every variable and PHP element that you can use. I recommend having this as well because you can tell what you're editing and how to add HTML templates to your site.

avatar and hover by phobic art, commissioned for me
aliasSola
pronounsthey/he
219written posts
Solaearned bits
offlinecurrently
Sola
Sola Avatar
Tell me which you dread more ; the echo or the answer?
citrinitas Avatar
profit of doom Avatar

yes! i've found that "doing it yourself" is a great way to force coding knowledge into ur brain.
Really appreciate the support!! and a push in the right direction !! I'll have to check these out
aliashannyfish
pronounsshe/they
218written posts
hannyearned bits
offlinecurrently
hanny
hanny Avatar
on the rain-soaked veranda, a small rainbow at your feet.
every time i code im like "i should code this for mobile", don't, and then regret it some weeks later when i revisit it to do exactly that and have no idea what i need to change

ashes to ashes, dust to dust

ZETTAI ZETSUMEI [IC] - OPENING SEPT. 18TH
sdkvnklweanl;
aliastanzaku, tanz, tan-tan, egao, protag, chapel, tbotc
pronounsshe/her
1,509written posts
regressor voloearned bits
offlinecurrently
regressor volo
Part of the Furniture
regressor volo Avatar
emotional over wallace event/alt