Quarantined Overall Pandemic Story

pronounsShe
626written posts
Gingerearned bits
offlinecurrently
Ginger
Part of the Furniture
Ginger Avatar
I actually got this idea from who wrote about the experience of BL / Yuri of Ice. Basically tell everyone what has been going on in your life, you can optional answer the 5 questions below . you don't have to share everything

1. How was the beginning for you? When it first started? Was it scary? Laughable? Or just plain [rude]?

2. Have you been struggling through all this? If so how, and what would you change if you could talk to your past Last Year self?

3. How are you doing now? Did you learn anything? Do you think you're going to make it those last couple of months?

4. What has been your Worst and Best experience caused by the Pandemic Overall?

5. Did you, a Family Friend, Family Member, or Coworker catch it? What happened to them, how did that make you feel?

//I'll share my story and answering these question in 4  posts, not a fan to make my first post super long//

note: if the post is long, makes sense with how much time you're stuffing here. Do a summary above, then place the full section into spoiler tages.
last edit on Aug 29, 2020 13:16:08 GMT by Ginger
839written posts
SPIRELEearned bits
offlinecurrently
SPIRELE
Part of the Furniture
SPIRELE Avatar
1. Shit was pretty normal. Nothing much changed except I stopped going out with my friends. After a bit of time I started going out again with my co-workers but that's tapered off as well.

2. Briefly. But you put your best foot forward and pick yourself up np. In hindsight, would've been cool to move somewhere else for a year while WFH or get some surgery but hindsight is 20/20.

3. Same shit different year. Let's FUCKING GO.

4. Best experience is getting closer to those who still come to the office. I grew a lot closer with a bunch of degenerates and it's a good time. Lots of lasting relationships. Worse was when people close to me got Covid and shit was severe. Thankfully, your boy's immune system is I M M A C U L A T E.

5. Yes. Brother said 'fuck' and laid down for half a day and came back np. Parents, not so much. Everyone's good tho.
aliasmany - just ask!
pronounsShe/They
203written posts
eulalieearned bits
offlinecurrently
eulalie
eulalie Avatar
Let the mighty be humbled.
Sure, I'll bit on this. Here we gooooo!!

1. You know, I didn't actually mind it at the beginning. I'm lucky and I've always had an option to work from home (not ever day of course). So the transition from office to home wasn't terrible. Otherwise, beginning... okay fine minus getting out of the house (which was frustrating). Even as a home body... I didn't realize how much I missed being able to go shop... when I wanted too.

2. It's dependent. I'd say for the most part, no. Thankfully, most of my friend groups have been fairly virtual to begin with. However, I still struggle with not getting the face-to-face interaction and socialization I got from work. Work-from-home is great, but WebEx/Zoom meetings don't actually replace that intrapersonal interaction.

3. Eh, about the same. Now I'm just getting pissy I can't see co-workers that I got along with. (Too far considering I worked in one of the three major US cities. An hour or more drive... mehh...) But eeyyy, my parents are getting the vaccine soon!

4. Best experience - I got to focus on myself. I've been very 'put others first' and getting to focus on me has been great for my mental health. Worst experience - this is more of a laughing one but... seeing family and my fiance every day... for several days in a row. Man, we got on each others nerves so bad LOL. Definitely better than it was.

5. Immediate family, no. We worked out a system where the healthier folks (me and my fiance) went out at the beginning of the pandemic and we still do a majority of the shopping. Extended family, yup, they did. And I... just felt awful since you can't do anything. And my cousins that had to take care of them were stressing bad. Had to be a rock for sometime.
last edit on Mar 7, 2021 0:20:12 GMT by eulalie
pronounsshe / her
398written posts
Ven ☆earned bits
offlinecurrently
Ven ☆
Summer '19 Bingo Completionist
Ven ☆ Avatar
got a secret, can you keep it?
1. It definitely caught me by surprise because the day lockdown was announced where I live, I had just gotten off work and it was utter bedlam getting home. Hell, the public transportation I took was stopped over by MILITARY guards and half the people asked to gtfo of the vehicle before we could continue on! It was plain friggin’ jarring, to say the least.

2. It’s happened. Well, one thing I could tell my past self last year is to GET A FREAKIN’ ROUTER THAT DIDN’T STOP DISCONNECTING EVERY FIVE MINUTES. That was the only thing that caused me to be sent back to the fucking office because of ONE STUPID ROUTER that kept fucking me over.

3. Pfffft. I was able to start my collection of Kimetsu no Yaiba manga (Demon Slayer for those who don’t know) and I’m three away from the entire set. So I can say I was able to start something—again? Maybe? Get some sense of normalcy?! I also learned that my account’s bosses in Singapore are utter dicks who absolutely DO NOT WANT TO LISTEN to my request of being sent back home to work again from home because I’m freakin’ anemic + immunocompromised and it is a TIME travelling to and from work every single freakin’ DAY.

4. Worst: seeing how freakin’ useless people are in the company I work for. UGH. It brings out the worst in people. Best: I was able to get another manga collection down and almost completed

5. Not really… nobody I know has caught it. we’re paranoid and careful-af about that.
last edit on Mar 9, 2021 20:17:38 GMT by Ven ☆

kmsdvlajvkefk
aliastanzaku, tanz, tan-tan, egao, protag, chapel, tbotc
pronounsshe/her
1,323written posts
offlinecurrently
childrearing era 4 my gays pls
Part of the Furniture
childrearing era 4 my gays pls Avatar
emotional over wallace event/alt
well it's been a while and it was slightly wild so i'll dump details!

- covid happened like a few months or maybe even less when i was released from rehab (depression, ptsd, s/cide)
- and consequently found out the comm i was in and all the online friends i knew hated me now and had my name spread around be pre-banned
- WHICH!! did help me realize that i shouldn't care about what they think. i know the truth in my heart and when i was thinking about arguments and defending myself, i realized that no one supported more than me. i learned to love myself and that got me out of depression lol.
- i got banned in a site that i literally brought back to life for over a year and continued helped building and then eventually stepped down (which i told the admin about in advance) but they saw it fit to remove me lol. people are ungrateful and jealous and the exp made me basically very skeptical and distrustful of rpers nowadays
- so covid-related! and my mom and i were trying to heal our relationship by being honest and it was working. but then she got into fake media and propaganda, and still kept going out. caught covid. at this point in time, it was still very scary. she was old. she always complained about us not loving her enough but now she's acting like an idiot basically.
- i'm also quite sickly btw.
- but she wouldn't respect the boundaries and quarantine and what pissed the heck out of me was when she lied about it. we were healing our relationship. we're not supposed to lie anymore, and i absolutely hate lies.
- left home. stayed with my sister
- my mom threatened to get my dogs be put in the pound because she plans on moving (and btw; our pounds here have very low adoption rate so... it was basically a death sentence). it's not like she's moving yet and listen - she still hasn't lmao. so i knew it was all a jab to hurt me but i didn't realize she would do that. she would just try to hurt me and involve the dogs. so i took two out of three of them. i had to leave one of them behind because there were already 2 corgi's here who are a menace...
- one of my two dogs died! haha :D haha... quarantine made it hard to get him the hepl he needed although i know my complaceny was ultimately to be blamed. and his vet. but hey, it's my lost while he gets lots of money

and i guess that's quarantine story! it was already almost 2 years ago since my dog died. i do still grieve about him sometimes, especially on his deathversary. but what massively helped was having a shrine. i don't believe in afterlife or heaven. but it helped to just have a ritual, to have something help carry your grief. <3

edit: oh yeah in ph politics and election... i don't even want to talk about it. we're fcked. congrats to brazil though. nice to see some W for demoracy
last edit on Oct 4, 2023 14:57:05 GMT by childrearing era 4 my gays pls
aliasJinny
26written posts
jinsyteaearned bits
offlinecurrently
jinsytea
jinsytea Avatar
There is no genie in a lamp here.
Honestly it was mostly positive for me. I don’t drive so when everything started delivering, that was nice. Plus I liked going out to the store a lot more since they were mostly abandoned and there were no long lines. I felt safer the few times I did go outside because there was nobody on the streets.

A lot of the people around me caught Covid. Nobody had any serious consequences. I never caught it as far as I know. Every test I took was negative when ever my husband caught it. But I am fastidious about washing my hands and I became obsessed with spraying doorknobs, faucets, etc.

Tbh I preferred quarantine life.
aliaspor, sef, jdawg
pronounsshe | her
524written posts
porsefearned bits
offlinecurrently
porsef
Part of the Furniture
porsef Avatar
chichi wo moge
1. How was the beginning for you? When it first started? Was it scary? Laughable? Or just plain [rude]?

i caught it while i was in new york before it blew up into a huge thing. it sucked but i survived. thought it was a bad case of the flu. didn't need to go to the doctor. just slept for a week and ate a LOT of panera bread that i got delivered to me.

but after it came out and blew up — i didn't really get scared. not immunocompromised. i was unemployed and chronically online so social deprivation didn't affect me. i can't win a war against microorganisms either and i don't fear death as no day is guaranteed.

2. Have you been struggling through all this? If so how, and what would you change if you could talk to your past Last Year self?

n/a to both. i think i handled it well. if anything, get myself more educated earlier on.

3. How are you doing now? Did you learn anything? Do you think you're going to make it those last couple of months?

great! got a new job. really bounced back from my depression (non-covid related) last year.

4. What has been your Worst and Best experience caused by the Pandemic Overall?

the vaccine (in its early, not well tested stages) being forced on me through peer pressure and propaganda was the worst. having to wear face masks in florida while it is super hot alongside other minor inconveniences were annoying. best experience? my family and i were stuck in key west right before the lockdown. that was nice. had the resort all to ourselves.

5. Did you, a Family Friend, Family Member, or Coworker catch it? What happened to them, how did that make you feel?

some of my family members caught it. some vaccinated, some not vaccinated. no one close to me died from it. we all recovered and never really caught it again. if we did, it wasn't any worse than a bad cold.
write a reply

QUICK REPLY

WRITE YOUR POST DOWN BELOW