aliasecho
pronounsthey / them
917written posts
citrinitasearned bits
offlinecurrently
citrinitas
Part of the Furniture
citrinitas Avatar
i still fall for you like suns do for skies.
i apologize if this is a thread that already exists (and in the wrong spot) ;w; i couldn't find it so i wanted to start something like it (because it's one of my favorite things to hear as a designer and developer)

but 

what are some of your favorite features you've seen on rp sites? things that just REALLY tickle your fancy, and think "hey that's a really neat feature!" this can be things like on the site's skin, or the discord server, or literally whatever bings you joy.

i'll go first: i really like census features for member groups, because it helps me figure out what kind of character i should make/bring to the table
last edit on Jun 8, 2022 9:55:04 GMT by citrinitas
take it easy.
aliascae
pronounsshe/her
534written posts
caeearned bits
offlinecurrently
cae
Part of the Furniture
cae Avatar
let's live our lives heroically / let's live our lives with style
character dev/question channels in the server are always fun & nice to see.

TROPE SECTIONS on the app too. love sequestering my characters into little boxes
last edit on Jun 8, 2022 13:23:43 GMT by cae
aliasAsu
pronounsshe/her/hers
384written posts
Asuearned bits
offlinecurrently
Asu
Asu Avatar
With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world.
idk does this count as a feature, I really like it when sites have an active topics button because I really like reading what's active and threads I'm not in.

is probably like tf at me but I also forget that we have a my topics button that takes you to everything you've posted in which is sweet for keeping track of what you're in. I forget we have that button so I still end up clicking through all the boards but it's a really nice feature—
last edit on Jun 8, 2022 19:55:41 GMT by Asu
aliasrags
pronounsthey/them
20written posts
ragsearned bits
offlinecurrently
rags
rags Avatar
remember, my standards are devilishly high!
asu is shaving years off my lifespan ;-;

this is more from a staff perspective but ticketsbot on discord is such a lifesaver and i can't believe i went without it for so long. my dms are no longer clogged with staff stuff, and logs are kept of every ticket which is really handy too and ensures the team's all on the same page. i hope it's easier on members as well because i would like to think opening a ticket is a little less intimidating than dming can be!
aliasLOVELORN, LL, LORN
pronounsSHE/HER
123written posts
lovelornearned bits
offlinecurrently
lovelorn
lovelorn Avatar
real winners quit
- post count being visible on a character's profile. i like to see
- character intro channels on the discord where you ONLY post character introductions (aka like a little blurb about them/link) and dont get to bump them. good way to integrate new members without their links being lost to the abyss of everyone talking in the plotting channel
- member directory/claims being mandatory/required in order to have your character sorted. i hate people not doing these it drives me insane
- forum games in the ooc section of a forum. idc if you have discord all of you are playing hot or not, fe quotes, gacha card mockups.
- epithets in the apps. bonus points if rpers actually use them like they are There for a reason !!! call my character sunreaper or whatever. embrace the edge
the multi-fool
pronounsshe/her
140written posts
sleepyearned bits
offlinecurrently
sleepy
sleepy Avatar
it's a feast for my eyes
social media pages! communications, character dev bits in the profile or in their own subforum, the sparkly additions.

i think that's part of why writing on a forum has more appeal to me than say discord or standard tabletop. they make the most out of the medium we're all writing in and lets people get creative with conveying their character's voice and tastes.
aliaszomb
138written posts
Kayearned bits
offlinecurrently
Kay
Kay Avatar
Dev boards. While separate dev boards for each player may be wasteful sometimes, dev boards in general are hella fun to throw in journal entries, character discoveries/creations, timelines, random facts, headcanons and other nonsense as you develop your character.
last edit on Jun 21, 2022 20:53:20 GMT by Kay
the chalk prince
aliasecho
pronounsthey / them
917written posts
citrinitasearned bits
offlinecurrently
citrinitas
Part of the Furniture
citrinitas Avatar
i absolutely adore dev boards too!! i don't see it as wasteful, i see it as a unique source to be able to gush about your characters and a neat compromise between members and staff! :3 
pronounsfeminine
379written posts
idindinearned bits
offlinecurrently
idindin
idindin Avatar
it seems to be common now, but back when i came back from hiatus, it wasn't practiced in the first three sites i've joined, so— having a channel that uses reacts @ discord as a way to advertise your character? like letting people know you're open to plotting, so react here and i'll jump in ur dms and etc etc and vice versa.

the 'ok to dm' roles are good too, but ofc my monkey brain worries if i'm included in that green list, so even with that role I resist from dm-ing ppl anyway (unless the muse is too good, in which case i'll put on my brave face and come uninvited ha)

basically makes it nice to know that people have a /slight/ interest in your chara so you can jump in their dms and yap away!

(also, love the timezone roles in discord/field in jcink, but at this point i think it doesn't matter when most of our sleep schedules need fixing :kekw:)
the chalk prince
aliasecho
pronounsthey / them
917written posts
citrinitasearned bits
offlinecurrently
citrinitas
Part of the Furniture
citrinitas Avatar
idindin Avatar
(also, love the timezone roles in discord/field in jcink, but at this point i think it doesn't matter when most of our sleep schedules need fixing :kekw:)
in terms of timezone roles, do you think continent roles work similar? :0 some people don't like having too many roles on their discord server, and there are so many timezones we span across so i am just curious! 
pronounsfeminine
379written posts
idindinearned bits
offlinecurrently
idindin
idindin Avatar
citrinitas Avatar
idindin Avatar
in terms of timezone roles, do you think continent roles work similar? :0 some people don't like having too many roles on their discord server, and there are so many timezones we span across so i am just curious! 
yeah i think that works good enough! probably better considering how it doesn't straight out leak the country you live in, if people would rather not-say. though i've seen discords listing out the entire GMT+1,2,3,4, etc numbers and that's OK too. They just use the clock emoji. 
aliasThe Moustachioed Greek
pronounshe/him
202written posts
Kostearned bits
offlinecurrently
Kost
Kost Avatar
D-d-digimon!
I LOVE sites that don't have a word count. Yes, I consider that a feature. It's so liberating being able to write for the fun of it and not feeling like I have to add pointless fluff to my post just to sate the fickle word counter.
aliasSola
pronounsthey/he
205written posts
Solaearned bits
offlinecurrently
Sola
Sola Avatar
Tell me which you dread more ; the echo or the answer?
  • Accessibility options such as toggle between light and dark mode as well as the ability to enlarge or decrease text size so I don't have to zoom in constantly. I'm only recently realizing how much mobile accessibility is important cause a lot of the skins out there say they're mobile friendly but they're not, I still have to zoom in. 
  • In the profile section I like unnecesary information things like zodiacs, moral alignment (Prefer this one), etc. Stuff like that. I think it fleshes out characters so much. Aesthetic lists too !!
  • The freedom to either use templates I've made myself or offer my codes up to the site for everyone to use around. It's like having a nice little slice of me on the board that people will see. 
  • The ability to change colors in templates that are site required to use. 
  • The ability to make graphics for dev boards. I really like Development boards. Just putting general musings or my brainrot about my muses is sometimes so helpful for me.