write a reply

favorite features in rp?

pronounsshe, her
182written posts
clefairy 🌙earned bits
offlinecurrently
clefairy 🌙
clefairy 🌙 Avatar
Recently been seeing more and more sites with thread trackers built into the profile itself, which is pretty useful when you have 50+ threads or want to develop a timelines for your character's arc.

I also love trope boxes.
the chalk prince
aliasecho
pronounsthey / them
914written posts
citrinitasearned bits
offlinecurrently
citrinitas
Part of the Furniture
citrinitas Avatar
i still fall for you like suns do for skies.
this is a jcink only feature, i believe, but built in post templates via bbcodes.

as much as i love coding templates and using my own, it does get tedious having to c/p all the html and making sure you have the right template. why not just post [post1][/post1] and call it a day? lol props to the people who have the patience to stare at html but im not that strong.
aliasFrosty
pronouns*shrugs*
156written posts
«Fr¤§t¥»earned bits
offlinecurrently
«Fr¤§t¥»
«Fr¤§t¥» Avatar
On my Devil May Cry shtick again
citrinitas Avatar
i apologize if this is a thread that already exists (and in the wrong spot) ;w; i couldn't find it so i wanted to start something like it (because it's one of my favorite things to hear as a designer and developer)

but 

what are some of your favorite features you've seen on rp sites? things that just REALLY tickle your fancy, and think "hey that's a really neat feature!" this can be things like on the site's skin, or the discord server, or literally whatever bings you joy.

i'll go first: i really like census features for member groups, because it helps me figure out what kind of character i should make/bring to the table

It's probably because I'm getting older, and the trend of unreadable sized fonts for sites and templates and posts in general still hasn't died, but lately; skins that have the ability to toggle font size have been a god send to me and my ability to continue RP'ing.
aliasAsu
pronounsshe/her/hers
377written posts
Asuearned bits
offlinecurrently
Asu
Asu Avatar
With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world.
I really like dark/light toggling on site skins. Sometimes I want to be on light mode, sometimes I want to be on dark mode— it spices things up for me, and sometimes my eyes get tired.
aliasFrosty
pronouns*shrugs*
156written posts
«Fr¤§t¥»earned bits
offlinecurrently
«Fr¤§t¥»
«Fr¤§t¥» Avatar
On my Devil May Cry shtick again
Asu Avatar
I really like dark/light toggling on site skins. Sometimes I want to be on light mode, sometimes I want to be on dark mode— it spices things up for me, and sometimes my eyes get tired.

I also like this feature too, but then again I'm one of those Dark mode for life gremlins. Always have been, always will be. Bright sites just give me eyestrain and headaches honestly which sucks because so many sites are like light mode or super brightly themed.
2written posts
bebyearned bits
offlinecurrently
beby
beby Avatar
Mobile application development services are a type of services that involve the development of mobile applications for smartphones, tablets, and other mobile devices. These services typically involve the design, development, and deployment of applications that can be used on mlsdev.com/services/mobile-app-development
last edit on Feb 22, 2023 21:19:10 GMT by beby
pronounsshe / her
398written posts
Ven ☆earned bits
offlinecurrently
Ven ☆
Summer '19 Bingo Completionist
Ven ☆ Avatar
got a secret, can you keep it?
Two words: badges / achievements.

While the place I’m on doesn’t have event-specific badges, it does have little achievements that give out these nice, shiny ‘badges’ you can display or hide in your profile.

Hint: it has something to do with Pokémon (it always does) and I love seeing how many different badges one character has—a sign of either how long or how lucky or how dedicated they are to filling in those little goals!

aliasAsk me~
pronounsHe or They
170written posts
Wraithearned bits
offlinecurrently
Wraith
Wraith Avatar
There's hope beyond this lone abyss.
Accessibility options, freeform applications, titles/epitaphs, lil quote sections, developmental boards, OOC boards in general since I still love posting on forums, flavourful profile fields, custom colours for profiles/mini-profiles/posts, badges, personal skin customization (being able to select whatever colours you want for a set skin etc etc), responsive skins because I tend to read posts on mobile, the ability to move/edit/delete your own In-Character posts, and the list goes on and on and on...
last edit on Aug 30, 2023 22:58:00 GMT by Wraith
Catscape Meow!
pronounsThey/Them
13written posts
Warriors_Weaverearned bits
offlinecurrently
Warriors_Weaver
Warriors_Weaver Avatar
Not requiring faceclaims is a biiiig one for me. It's really rare to find. I don't like dealing with faceclaims. I don't like the time spent finding them (including the time spent feeling irritated because now the character doesn't look like they did in my head), saving them, uploading, sizing/resizing.

And when I have to find multiple for one character? Nahhhh. I just wanna write, dude.

Short/freeform apps are also great features! Most of the time I like exploring a character's personality and history through roleplay. Long applications with required paragraphs for each section are a slog for me. Sometimes I do go all-out with a character's app, but that's when I feel the drive to, not when I'm doing it because I have to hit word counts.
last edit on Nov 13, 2023 21:00:08 GMT by Warriors_Weaver