aliasThe Moustachioed Greek
pronounshe/him
207written posts
Kostearned bits
onlinecurrently
Kost
Kost Avatar
D-d-digimon!
She could sense a deep, unspoken sorrow in his words. He brought up the common ‘if god real why bad thing happen’ debate. God was a weird space giraffe with one thousand arms, maybe that’s why.
aliasAsu
pronounsshe/her/hers
395written posts
Asuearned bits
offlinecurrently
Asu
Asu Avatar
With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world.

His eyes open to a brave new world, clouded heavens fractured, perfect halo of gold hair and lightning against the silver forked sky. Air fills his lungs violently, a gasp as if he were taking his first breath.

Everything had been made and remade, a body that had always been his own, yet felt fresh anew.

210written posts
Khaeearned bits
offlinecurrently
Khae
Khae Avatar
"What am I, a hooker?" He questioned with a scoff, but reached a hand out to snatch the wad of cash out of his grasp. "Well, I'll make it worth your while honey. Call me Destinay." Was he sane? Hell no. But that's what made it fun, right? He pocketed the money and moved to plop himself down on the bench next to his current sugar daddy.
last edit on Nov 30, 2023 6:44:51 GMT by Khae
etch o' sketch
aliasyung ecchi god
pronounsshe/they
149written posts
yung ecchiearned bits
offlinecurrently
yung ecchi
yung ecchi Avatar
you and i are gonna live forever.
Would you throw away memories to avoid the hurt? Could she cut her pain away surgically and remove it like a tumor? No, her agonies were benign — calcified and healed over. She did not need it to exist but it was there all the same. It was the only way to establish her mark on this world; to prove she had been here even as an irrelevant blip in history, she would struggle in vain.

Oldie but goldie because I do not be rping anymore. I just like looking back at this shit like... man. What was I cooking fr.
last edit on Dec 10, 2023 2:49:53 GMT by yung ecchi
phantom of the black parade
pronounsshe / her pronouns
4,239written posts
Kuroyaearned bits
offlinecurrently
Kuroya
Part of the Furniture
Kuroya Avatar
at this, the world's end, do we cast off tomorrow~!
the silence that followed the question gathered like stormclouds as dulled blue eyes found the faded aquamarine of his vision, turning it over in his hands as though it held the secrets of celestia. "i love him with all my heart," he murmured after a moment, the truth of it blooming in the space between them, aching and true, before he let his vision slip through limp fingers, turning away with downcast eyes.

"it wasn't enough."

aliasphimbolina
pronounsfeminine
552written posts
PHIMBOearned bits
offlinecurrently
PHIMBO
Part of the Furniture
PHIMBO Avatar
So, too, is Death possessed of infinite strategies and a gaunt nature.

"Oh dazzling sunshine, darkness will always arrive to swallow the sun, just as I will always bring you another dose of Stars and Dreams and Gentle Night. Death is just a matter of time, dreamlet. And Life is not that dreary, alas!"

definitely not my last post, just me being reminiscent about my affably evil man (zzz)

the narrative
aliasCel, Nightlock
pronounsShe/They
710written posts
CELearned bits
offlinecurrently
CEL
Part of the Furniture
CEL Avatar
mankind, be vigilant; we loved you.
bc a couple ppl posted old lines they wrote, im joining the bandwagon bc these two passages are stuff im hella proud of and hate a lot for the sheer reason that i cant write these bangers again bc i already did

Penelope doesn't get it, honestly.

Niko. Colette. Niko and Colette. She's sure a few might consider it jealousy — the girl next door dislikes the relationship between a boy who happens to be a close friend, and his prettier, hotter, domineering girlfriend. But that's not why Penelope doesn't get it.

It's... this. The push and pull, to return to a bleeding wound knowing it'll just reopen. If it's love, don't you learn?

this other one is rlly long so ill spoiler text it but i swear, allow me to write introspection and i absolutely will write introspection

In another life, Thian drafts a different story of could have beens and what ifs. It’s not something that’s habit; for as much as he once considered himself an artist, he could rarely envision something grand. Too rational. Both feet on land. He’s not Cassandra, who can scheme up brilliant ideas and madness in a technicolor form of something to remember. He’s not V—

He sighs. Thian drafts the concept art in his head. In another life, family didn’t die and brothers didn’t leave. In another life, a scholarship is won and he went on a plane to Athens and never looked back. In another life, he and Patterson might have made it past three months, maybe even until after a graduation he actually lasted in college enough for. In another life, Zachariah Valiente is alive, and Thian’s still his protege. In another life, he didn’t turn Val down the first time, and they probably blew up into a fallout that left nothing but bad wounds and hated each other for the rest of time. In another life, he got it right with Cassandra. In another life, he got it right with the boy with streaks in his hair. In another life, there is no Asmodeus. In another life, his magic stayed as it was. In another life, he was already dead before he got to this point, gave in to the teenage angst dream of death and suicide or the burnout that kills you sooner than any goddamn natural cause. In another life, he kept the stupid guitar. In another life, maybe he could take the idea of someone who ľ̵̗̱̏̏o̸̧͆̾͠v̶̠͚̅̍ȩ̷̗̥̿ś̵͓̞ him, without any fucking pacts intersecting that question. No goddamn idolization, no goddamn immunity, just—

”Don’t think the with a heart’s hypothetical,” he says coolly, because it’s an easy enough thing to say. Kai Tan gives a damn.

edit: actually, rereading the thread the above passage is from, i also remembered this bit and how much i love the trope of "non-theatric/talkative/eloquent character abruptly rambles into a soliloquy about existentialism and what it means to be a person". bonus is that i was tipsy while writing this. spoilered due to the sheer LENGTH my god.

Love, in Thian’s cloistered and narrow understanding of the word, is weird, complicated, and inherently fucking difficult to separate from other shit. Lust, fascination, idolization, codependency. Pick your poison. He’s likely gone through every iteration, and is all too willing to just foot the bill.

Something bothers him about the story she tells, though. In the effortless question of what it means to be wanted, or if it were ever possible…

”Bullshit.”

No hesitation, a response blunter than a kitchen knife.

”People make stupid fucking decisions, and we keep making stupid fucking decisions, but isn’t that the whole fucking point of, I don’t know, being a person?”

He doesn’t know if he’s making sense.

”We just make the stupid decision, and sure, it’s, like, shit to realize or look back on later. But seven times out of ten, we do what we can to not make the same stupid decision, then make more stupid ones, and avoid making our old ones, until, eventually, that lands us with…”

With what?

Us, and it’s bullshit that stupid decisions automatically means you’re never going to be wanted by someone, because there’s at least 7-billion people in the universe, and sure, it’s none of that soulmate crap — but that kind of… permutation of stupid decisions must just make you someone who can be enough for someone who’s their own mess of stupid decisions that wants to do it right, just like you do. And with you, because we’re all idiots who don’t fucking like being alone. If we did, we wouldn’t be fucking surrounded by art. Which, you know, is shit made by someone else and is an outpour of who that person is, or was, and what mattered enough to them that it was worth making something about.”

last edit on Dec 12, 2023 12:46:07 GMT by CEL

coming soon.
kmsdvlajvkefk
aliastanzaku, tanz, tan-tan, egao, protag, chapel, tbotc
pronounsshe/her
1,341written posts
offlinecurrently
among us with feet
Part of the Furniture
among us with feet Avatar
emotional over wallace event/alt
me too i have an old post im proud of

Nendou farted.
praise the cats!
aliasthomas, breezescodes
pronounshe/him
829written posts
bcearned bits
offlinecurrently
bc
Summer '19 Bingo Completionist
bc Avatar
this is my murder mittens ^-^
there was a violent preamble to this … he’s kinda manic

there is never such thing as instant death—not when time crawls when they lie bleeding. life is not snuffed—it is smothered.

sometimes he thinks this is the afterlife, or a prolonged vision before death. but he need only look at his chest right over his heart: the skin is gnarled and scarred.
last edit on Dec 23, 2023 21:00:40 GMT by bc
aliasnikki/nikz
pronounsshe, they
76written posts
hotaryuearned bits
offlinecurrently
hotaryu
hotaryu Avatar
one day!
Context, it's a xianxia site, and my character is popping the cherry for the first time after getting a traumatic experience.

Most things she learned, it was from Yuezhan. It was a weird balancing act, growing up between the streets and the Yuezhan sect. The nicer older sisters who were more into the dual cultivation thing, had offered advice. Some of them were nice. And Lifen watched them prepare, watched them tell each other stories. She didn't know where she'd fit in there. All Lifen knew back then was that she'd become a stronger cultivator if she stayed there and kept working. Eyes on the prize. No time for relationships.

Another one I really liked:
Imagine if the sun was a person, she had told him. It is all, by means, a damning statement. And it is a sign that those sentiments run deep - even if it has been almost a decade. Those feelings will change - eventually. They have to change, because just like Miss St. Romaine, they all have to dust up their feet and take things head-on.

That's life. That's how it works. But this lowkey sad moment and its reality is that seven years gone, and what she still feels about him, is still present, and that it runs deep and it has remain constant, after years of repression. But it's a part of her.

No one has made her turn her head, not even the pretty doctor, so well. But if someone pretty were to turn her head, and then see her - all in her burns and ferocity- and not judge her and the whole world can remain so still, as if it was made just for her and them, then maybe there is a chance her feelings might change. And maybe she'll eventually move on from those.

And lastly, the one that got me an award for a site:
"Iseul?"

Iseul knew that voice from anywhere. She spun on her heel - slowly, but fast enough that her hair whipped, moving with her. She moved like water and lightning - fluid and fast, and quick to find a direction, in spite of everything. The Petran breeze - and the sight of her cousin standing before her. Well, if that did not feel NostalgicTM enough. The sight of her cousin made her think back to old days. The oats Iseul had sown. And the day she had left home - for strength. For power, to surpass and beat Risa at anything.

This was reality. This was no illusion; even if she had not yet discovered if she had a preference and liking for magic, Iseul could easily tell if it was one or not. There had been lies spun on cobwebs and politicking much of where she had gone. What was honor, after all, compared to power? And title and strength, compared to love and acknowledgement? But then Risa had all those - and maybe it was why deep inside, the hatred continued to simmer. Resentment was poison.

And jealousy was a root, rotting and fresh and smoking inside of where Iseul's heart used to be.
last edit on Dec 31, 2023 11:46:38 GMT by hotaryu

the narrative
aliasCel, Nightlock
pronounsShe/They
710written posts
CELearned bits
offlinecurrently
CEL
Part of the Furniture
CEL Avatar
mankind, be vigilant; we loved you.
havent been writing in a hot sec until today, and i liked this one. short, simple, says enough

"They all live in me, and I keep living because the rest of me and my histories wants to do the living. Raise my cup and dance. This world's shit, but it's got good music."

last edit on Jan 4, 2024 19:14:04 GMT by CEL

coming soon.
Stardust in me
aliasEm, Dragon
pronounsShe/Her/Hers
773written posts
rabbitearsearned bits
offlinecurrently
rabbitears
Part of the Furniture
rabbitears Avatar
We're motivated by the stars that we're made of
The black Maine Coon had taken over the shop all right. Having a cat he could bring to Good On Paper had seemed like a good idea before getting Shadow, and now Bennet was stuck with the routine. He brought the cat with him when he came to work in the morning and took him home at night, and woe befall him if he have a sick day or take a day off.