aliastanzaku, tanz, tan-tan, egao, protag, chapel, tbotc
pronounsshe/her
1,325written posts
offlinecurrently
BIG SHOUTOUT BOOBS
Part of the Furniture
BIG SHOUTOUT BOOBS Avatar
emotional over wallace event/alt
you ever been have this character type you just always rp and enjoy greatly but then that type is probably the farthest from your personality? or just disposition or how you would actually hate each other irl? 

i've played all sorts of characters over the years, including a lot antagonist-types that i would obviously not be a-okay with. i don't often start loving my characters or the concept of them from the get-go. usually, rping them, discovering them, and slowly putting parts of myself in them as i slowly sympathize to some bits is what makes them my eventual fav. (so all my characters become my favs)

but there is one character type that i always end up rping. they're in the good alignment chart. very sweet and noble people. but what blows my mind is i'm that i'm a gremlin in love with ducks and the colors yellow/orange and an obsession with coffee with little care about my appearance...and then i'm rping the most stable, organized, productive beautiful people??? AND MY WRITING'S PRETTY DARN GOOD?? it's good and IT FLOWS NATURALLY FOR ME LIKE LOOK AT THEM

they're also fav characters of mine ig but it's not like i also like all characters like them either. i don't think i've created and rped oc's in this character type and i think that's bc lowkey i'd too embarrassed for that. apparently i'd happily write out an established canon that's known to be very eloquent, charismatic, beautiful and graceful but i'll go red-faced and yell baka when i have to make an oc that i think fits those criteria. even in the drafts i've written for a novel, they don't exist...

ya all ever be the god your character will totes be ashamed/embarrassed of and then when they ask did you really make/write me and ya just tell me "yeah lol idk i was inspired?"
aliasJen, DeJener8
pronounsShe/her
244written posts
Jenesisearned bits
offlinecurrently
Jenesis
Jenesis Avatar
So there are two types of characters I tend to rp who are very opposed to me:

1) flirty pansexual chaos children
2) violent assholes with troubled pasts who would merk me in a heartbeat if RE: Creators was real and they discovered I was the God who made them suffer so much.

In reality, I have an imagination far more vivid than anything I would willingly get up to in day-to-day life, and I wouldn't enjoy threading with me if I was someone else's OC (slice-of-life is not my jam, in any medium), so it all works out.
last edit on Sept 22, 2023 16:09:02 GMT by Jenesis
pronounshe/him
418written posts
Salmonearned bits
offlinecurrently
Salmon
Salmon Avatar
I would absolutely hate every single one of my characters. I have a habit of playing really annoying personality types or straight up murderers. No, Eun-kyung, I do not want to hear about your gacha addiction please touch soME GRASS
the waking storm
aliasLuxu, TenebraeQueene
pronounsShe/They
313written posts
Galeforceearned bits
offlinecurrently
Galeforce
Galeforce Avatar
covered in scars but roses are coming through the cracks
i either play sunshine bois with a bit of a hidden edge/snark. or absolute murderous manipulative assholes with a sunny smile. even my most well-adjusted characters have something about them i would hate irl. my characters are a bigger disaster than i am. and would either annoy me or kill me if they were real lol.

i am neither of these things and just play characters that are far more fun and interesting than my boring self. if i was someone's character that person lacks imagination cause i'm plain as white bread lol.
aliasAsk me~
pronounsHe or They
173written posts
Wraithearned bits
offlinecurrently
Wraith
Wraith Avatar
There's hope beyond this lone abyss.
been trying to remember all the character types I tend to RP, I think there’s a distinct difference in characters I write in solo work versus my RP characters, so let me see here...

I have played lots of characters I would probably clash with or dislike or downright loathe. An example: I worry all the time about being /accidentally/ mean, so playing characters who are purposefully vicious can be fun but also very distant from me

but I have also been thinking lately on sometimes my initial concepts for characters origin as...taking some of my worst traits, many I’ve worked through and no longer actively possess. And then blowing those up to extremes or just to the point where they can be explored in an interesting way, in a fashion of “what if I was unfathomably bombastically worse, what if I just gave up/never realized my mistakes/doubled down instead of improving” while also shaping them enough to be way more than those traits & me. They’re at times relatable, in the worse ways possible, like nails-on-chalkboard.

If I was someone’s character? Well: I’m often sleeping whenever I get time nowadays... the lives between my characters and I are, thankfully, different than this. Not sure if I could make writing myself interesting, and definitely certain I wouldn't have fun doing it
last edit on Sept 24, 2023 22:14:59 GMT by Wraith
Catscape Meow!
local boogeyman
aliasbex, jeepers cats
pronounsshe/any
725written posts
sister ghoulearned bits
offlinecurrently
sister ghoul
Part of the Furniture
sister ghoul Avatar
they pull the axe out your face and say "was it the boogeyman?"
i'll play your oc's shitty dad happily. i love angst, the melodrama, and a chance to be the angry vengeful little gremlin that i am internally but expressing it in a remotely healthy way