aliastanzaku, tanz, tan-tan, egao, protag, chapel, tbotc
pronounsshe/her
1,325written posts
offlinecurrently
BIG SHOUTOUT BOOBS
Part of the Furniture
BIG SHOUTOUT BOOBS Avatar
emotional over wallace event/alt
I do a lot of the pacing about when my ideas are running but if i really need to think, i lie down and close my eyes. Literally if writing was my full time job i would need a bed. Itโ€™s part of work

Closing eyes = focused on my mind. Lying down = not moving no distractions, also god my back just hurts i love it not aching

I dunno if it is also part of the cause but i grew up being only able to sleep if i am imagining my original anime or fanfic turned anime playing in my head. I know this isnt unique bc at that time i had a friend who was the same. Can only fall asleep by exhausting an overactive imagination
last edit on Oct 13, 2023 16:25:51 GMT by BIG SHOUTOUT BOOBS
local boogeyman
aliasbex, jeepers cats
pronounsshe/any
725written posts
sister ghoulearned bits
offlinecurrently
sister ghoul
Part of the Furniture
sister ghoul Avatar
they pull the axe out your face and say "was it the boogeyman?"
cw for mention of drug use and marijuana 

I do a lot of edibles. Some of my best posts and apps have been written while Iโ€™ve been high as shit.

But additionally Iโ€™m one of those people whom is heavily influenced by music- to a point that itโ€™s a little sad. Like I name all my threads (yes, still like itโ€™s 2010) after song titles, all of my ocs have songs that I use for them as their anthems, all of my coded stuff are inspired by music, the list goes on. I canโ€™t not listen to music when I write, otherwise itโ€™s too quiet. I have a playlist entitled โ€œquiet timeโ€ that I listen to while Iโ€™m writing, unless Iโ€™m writing something very specific, and then Iโ€™ll just listen to that on repeat. For example, I have an oc whose entire personality is just like, Alice In Chains personified in my brain, so when I write him; I listen to my playlist thatโ€™s called โ€œliterally just the first two Alice In Chains albumsโ€ on repeat. Guaranteed like 500+ word post outta me with that method for that character every time lmao 

aliasSola
pronounsthey/he
205written posts
Solaearned bits
offlinecurrently
Sola
Sola Avatar
Tell me which you dread more ; the echo or the answer?
I try to stick to a schedule because routine is really important to me ; I try to write around the same times every day. So about 9 AM - 12 PM is usually when my creative juices get flowing, so I'll put on some good music I can write to and try to focus. Thing is I have to have music playing or I can't focus. It has to be music, it can't be a tv show in the background that I've watched before either. 
If I cannot achieve that, I might try later in the day from 6pm-8pm, usually after dinner. 

I have a post tracker that basically also encourages me to atleast do three posts a day to help manage the amount of threads I take on. So I write something that's considered the oldest, something I want, and something like a starter or a short reply I can rapidfire on. Doing atleast these three things helps a lot because it's like goals for me to meet. 

These are just a few things I do however, and they're the most substantial!
last edit on Oct 17, 2023 1:21:18 GMT by Sola
the narrative
aliasCel, Nightlock
pronounsShe/They
704written posts
CELearned bits
offlinecurrently
CEL
Part of the Furniture
CEL Avatar
mankind, be vigilant; we loved you.

no but like seriously. i think the matter of โ€œstartingโ€ is often the hardest part, so it rlly is just a case of Just Do It. the words wonโ€™t come out unless theyโ€™re written, so just write. i can edit later, but i may as well start writing.
last edit on Oct 17, 2023 9:36:42 GMT by CEL

coming soon.
aliasAsk me~
pronounsHe or They
173written posts
Wraithearned bits
offlinecurrently
Wraith
Wraith Avatar
There's hope beyond this lone abyss.
Itโ€™s heavily inconsistent for me but...

- I also pace a lot when Iโ€™m thinking about writing or ideas in general.
- I write down outlines or overall ideas I have, make notes too, and sometimes I think of a sentence (etc) I want to include in a post at some point ... which I may or may not ever use. This is pretty mandatory for me long-term. I have a lot of ideas and oh... my brain canโ€™t hold them without overflowing.
- Since my memory is bad, I try to make summaries of what has already happened and such, to try and retain consistency better.
- It can take a while for me to write replies due to the process involved but sometimes it wonโ€™t. This has nothing to do with interest or lack of interest and just based on whims. I can get very indecisive, so I sometimes write an entire reply and sit on it for a bit to be sure.
- I try to avoid staring at a blank page, as if words would magically appear at any moment, as itโ€™s easy for me to get entangled with worry which only makes the hurdle worse. Sometimes it really is just pulling off the band-aid and all that.
- And I donโ€™t always write replies in chronological orderโ€”I tend to write what I know I want to first, and then piece it together, and then piece it together more, and then edit it more...
- And of course, I have to have the energy to write in the first place, which is unfortunately rarely fully within my control.

But sometimes itโ€™s ??????????????. Regardless, writing happens!!

,,, My question marks turned into emoticons ...

last edit on Oct 18, 2023 23:56:00 GMT by Wraith
Catscape Meow!
pronounsshe/her
194written posts
scarletearned bits
offlinecurrently
scarlet
scarlet Avatar
Uh, this is a good question, hm. It's a combination of having strong character goals I'm fleshing out, genuine interest in learning about other people's characters and stories, and then the pleasant dopamine hit of connecting those things into satisfying arcs.

I tend to daydream a lot and drift off into thinking about plots organically. When I go on long drives or walks my brain usually just drifts into this kind of space and without realizing it I'm concocting ideas.

I then excitedly discuss these with other roleplayers, who either are on board or not. I also enjoy being on the receiving end of good ideas and then finding ways to make them work. Idk, it's fun and invigorating to collaborate. It's also really cool to see how other people take your ideas and run with them!

Honestly, I'm totally scattered about my actual writing routine but try to do at least one or two posts a day. If a post takes me a long time, it's sometimes because 1) I lost track of it, 2) I am still figuring out where to enter it from as a writer, or 3) I'm having a low muse cycle and it takes more of a push to get through. The posts that I write fastest are the ones I've already mentally prepped around the most, because those plots are already circling my head frequently. It's like I've been secretly outlining responses in advance, so when the moment comes, I'm ready to take it.

I also really enjoy listening to music as I write that suits the threads I'm writing. If I'm having trouble writing in general, I will reread books or rewatch shows I like, or explore other people's threads to build up excitement about storytelling again.