pronounshe/him
882written posts
Desmond Milesearned bits
offlinecurrently
Desmond Miles
Part of the Furniture
Desmond Miles Avatar
we will have peace at any cost
oh yeah i re-use the same characters every time just about. i just consider every new site/setting an "AU" or just like, their new "role" in a sense. there's very few of them i consider to be bound to any one site/setting, so i have no problem just putting them around into something new or different. these are all OCs ofc, I don't rp any canons.

Now serving!
pronounsshe / her
398written posts
Ven โ˜†earned bits
offlinecurrently
Ven โ˜†
Summer '19 Bingo Completionist
Ven โ˜† Avatar
got a secret, can you keep it?
Iโ€™m very guilty of this.

Especially with three of my five characters at the one place I RP on these days (they have existed elsewhere, just under different names, and sometimes different FCs).

My other characters are either fills for someone elseโ€™s request (that eventually became mine alone because the other writer left) or something I wanted to try outโ€ฆ lookinโ€™ at you, Jack Ignatius Napier
last edit on Feb 10, 2024 8:30:06 GMT by Ven โ˜†

aliasThe Moustachioed Greek
pronounshe/him
202written posts
Kostearned bits
offlinecurrently
Kost
Kost Avatar
D-d-digimon!
I envy RPers who are able to re-app characters and do it successfully. I've tried it many times and they always end up feeling like shallow copies of the original to me. The only exception is when I re-app characters from RPs that died early, so the character is still technically "new" since they never got a chance to develop.
aliasdee
pronounsShe/Her
24written posts
deenaearned bits
offlinecurrently
deena
deena Avatar
i don't really reuse characters as a whole all that often. i enjoy starting on a fresh slate since i can get new ideas going for plots. do i sometimes recycle certain parts like a personality trait or whatnot from saved characters i've made? sure. in a way though, they still have their own identity that's fresh from previously made characters.

ig the only time i actually recycle completely is if i'm just too damn lazy to make a new character lmao