aliasvale
pronounsthey/them, he/him
67written posts
valeearned bits
offlinecurrently
vale
vale Avatar
"Hmm... Are you comfortable talking to me, Itsuki?"
i got so many new replies to respond to in the past day and i'm so hyped to sit down at my computer and respond to them all.... huehuehue... i'm having so much fun, this is what rp is supposed to be
"hello, i'm nazuna nito, a member of ra*bits!"
art credit @ ryoko kui - dungeon meshi official art
phantom of the black parade
pronounsshe / her pronouns
4,246written posts
Kuroyaearned bits
offlinecurrently
Kuroya
Part of the Furniture
Kuroya Avatar
at this, the world's end, do we cast off tomorrow~!
i really wish i could think of a way to write up something for "please show me all of the want ads you have - y'know, the ones you'd give your firstborn to get filled - because i'm not just looking for a site, i'm looking for a friend" without feeling like i'm either gonna get side-eyed to oblivion or want to throw myself into the sun out of embarrassment, because boy howdy am i tired of literally vibrating into orbit over my want to write and yet absolutely paralyzed by my fear of ending up on yet another site where no one ever gets excited to write with me since i'm just another number to them + my presence wouldn't be missed

(i guess i just did it, but like, in proper search form rather than scream into the void form)
aliaskappaccino
pronounsthey
284written posts
kappaccinoearned bits
offlinecurrently
kappaccino
kappaccino Avatar
welcome and well met, my brave little spark
I hate that my illness makes me so inconsistent to rp with. I'll be having a blast and then BAM writing has to take a backseat. And then I feel like a flake, which makes me embarrassed, which makes me avoidant, and it just keeps doubling down.

And I hate even more that my social anxiety makes it hard for me to be brave enough to slink back to sites after long absences and request to rejoin. ;A;

I know people will almost certainly be understanding, but I just feel like I'd be annoying. otz

pronounsshe/her
99written posts
mellowโ™กearned bits
onlinecurrently
mellowโ™ก
mellowโ™ก Avatar
kappaccino Avatar
I hate that my illness makes me so inconsistent to rp with. I'll be having a blast and then BAM writing has to take a backseat. And then I feel like a flake, which makes me embarrassed, which makes me avoidant, and it just keeps doubling down.

And I hate even more that my social anxiety makes it hard for me to be brave enough to slink back to sites after long absences and request to rejoin. ;A;

I know people will almost certainly be understanding, but I just feel like I'd be annoying. otz

my advice is this.

let people love you.

i've suffered with chronic illness a long time, and i know how it goes. but i also know how much it makes my heart swell when an rp partner talks to me about a scene we had in the past, or something they appreciate about one of my characters, or how my writing inspired them in some way.

even if you aren't writing in the moment, what you've done is still out there, resting in someone's heart and mind.

give yourself some credit for that. that joy is all yours. you don't have to be ashamed to feel it.

you're treasured, and i'm very sorry to hear about your struggle with illness and anxiety. i hope your day is kind to you. u v u
kmsdvlajvkefk
aliastanzaku, tanz, tan-tan, egao, protag, chapel, tbotc
pronounsshe/her
1,348written posts
offlinecurrently
wdym we're 5 months in 2024
Part of the Furniture
wdym we're 5 months in 2024 Avatar
emotional over wallace event/alt
kappaccino Avatar

overrated, cheesy advice that should be said more often: love yourself, and take not being lacking, either by skill, misfortune, or circumstances, to be a shame you have to be embarrassed about. everyone has to take care of themselves and until one can provide a healthy support for themselves to be confident enough, don't be too hard on yourself if you're unable to serve others as much as you'd like. some would call it selfishness, but i view an individual as two person. one who is you, and another who is your friend. so don't forget to look at your thoughts as how you would with a friend! you know better this friend of yours better than anyone else. they want to write and see others enjoy their company, but life can be a big bad btch to them at times.

and think of the good things too! yeah, it really sucks when things don't go well and you feel like people are just putting up with you. but for sure, being with you also involves many plenty of positive things! don't let the bad part overshadow the good parts too. 

of course, i won't say i understand what it's like to live with such a debilitating sickness. i am sure it is difficult, but i think you are being too hard on yourself when you have that on top of all these introspective judgments. 

there's also a common saying in our language: be makapal na mukha. it means "shameless" or "having the audacity of" and by definition, it is a negative saying. but it's also common to say it to ourselves in a joking/cheerful manner as a way to make ourselves braver. we understand it's a bit too much, but we also desire the opportunity to be happy regardless of how we deem ourselves (or by others) to be "unworthy." It's saying, "yeah i know it's shameless BUT i'm just going to do it okay? plsss lmao". it's not just in that saying too. another common filipino phrase, bahala na (tl que sera sera) has a negative connotation of fatalism but from the filipino perspective, it's also a traditional value. not even bsing at this point since this was a paper i did in college. these sayings were born forth in attempt to brace ourselves from circumstances outside of control, stemming from erratic weathers in a tropical country relying on argiculture. we say bahala na to be brave enough to step forward despite how uneasy we feel.

so, just imparting some filo reckless optimism. ganun talaga is what we say. "it be like that!" in a comforting manner :)
last edit on May 13, 2024 19:48:00 GMT by wdym we're 5 months in 2024
Tidal Wave
aliasAkira, Tsunami, Tsu, Aki
pronounsAny
4,165written posts
AkiraTsunamiearned bits
offlinecurrently
AkiraTsunami
Part of the Furniture
AkiraTsunami Avatar
I've got a hurricane in my head, I can't feel a thing, but it's better than dead
got my desk all set up and internet on and hopefully will be back to writing soon! been spending time rping on 7 days instead because it is easier at the moment than setting forth with the effort to write words.

kmsdvlajvkefk
aliastanzaku, tanz, tan-tan, egao, protag, chapel, tbotc
pronounsshe/her
1,348written posts
offlinecurrently
wdym we're 5 months in 2024
Part of the Furniture
wdym we're 5 months in 2024 Avatar
emotional over wallace event/alt
i've always thought i struggle with outlining and then i accidentally opened the echoes of mana guide i made that was largely used back in those days and im like i want what my brain did the guide was actually clean and good 

all i remember was i triggered my prediabetes due to drowning in takeaway coffee.............. is that the secret

(this is rp edition bc the contex is me making the site info gdocs...)
last edit on May 15, 2024 8:23:50 GMT by wdym we're 5 months in 2024