phantom of the black parade
pronounsshe / her pronouns
4,354written posts
Kuroyaearned bits
offlinecurrently
Kuroya
Part of the Furniture
Kuroya Avatar
what do you want to know? my height, hobbies, quirks, the color of my underwear?
my brother, after listening to me anxiously over-explain stuff to him for the past five minutes: you just want someone with energy you can match with

me: i hate that you're exactly right holy crap-

sdkvnklweanl;
aliastanzaku, tanz, tan-tan, egao, protag, chapel, tbotc
pronounsshe/her
1,532written posts
offlinecurrently
ditto become human
Part of the Furniture
ditto become human Avatar
maybe wallace being my fav was foreshadowing
What would my friends who knew me for years think of me now dropping reviews on smutty bl manhwas and having to explain why it’s gold while dissecting out the generic problematic parts and deciphering which should be regarded with realism and which needs your brain to be turned off

【 POKEMON EVOLUTION: TERRORS 】
(latest update: 8/28 wall of update)
aliasAerie, badmin, insert profanity
pronounsShe/They
148written posts
Aerieearned bits
offlinecurrently
Aerie
Aerie Avatar
sometimes we ball, sometimes we fall.
getting a site shoutout from the TOP DOG in rp is such a good feeling. i am honored. is this what maslow meant when he talked about self-actualization?
hover by teya & icon by γ‚γ˜γ‚…γ˜
the waking storm
aliasLuxu, Galeforce, TenebraeQueene
pronounsShe/They
345written posts
tenebraeearned bits
offlinecurrently
tenebrae
tenebrae Avatar
i bit the tongue behind my teeth (it was never good enough for me)
do people still use "muse" to describe their writing mood/energy? or am i just weird and/or old? actually, did anyone ever do that? or was it just me???

I'm having a crisis rn...
last edit on May 28, 2024 15:30:20 GMT by tenebrae
pronounsAny
571written posts
offlinecurrently
tenebrae Avatar
do people still use "muse" to describe their writing mood/energy? or am i just weird and/or old? actually, did anyone ever do that? or was it just me???

I do! In my circle it's fairly commonly used too, but usually when I have a discussion about it on here a few people pop up that say they don't need muse to write. So it's not universal.

the wheels are singing
aliasJen, DeJener8
pronounsShe/her
329written posts
Jenesisearned bits
offlinecurrently
Jenesis
Jenesis Avatar
Just a magical kitten
traveller Avatar
I kinda get pre-releases and beta access are hot in gaming, but I don’t quite see the point for roleplay.

I can see the appeal, specifically for testing site features. Sometimes you as an admin can tunnel in on your vision and it helps to get feedback from third parties like "this membergroup skin's colors hurt my eyes" or "this part of the guidebook doesn't make sense" before opening the floodgates to the general public.

𝐹𝑒𝓇𝒢𝓁 Avatar
tenebrae Avatar

I do! In my circle it's fairly commonly used too, but usually when I have a discussion about it on here a few people pop up that say they don't need muse to write. So it's not universal.

I am a Weird Old and most of the people I see using it are 5-10 years younger than me SO...
last edit on May 28, 2024 17:59:26 GMT by Jenesis
aliasray
pronounshe/him
97written posts
scaramoucheearned bits
offlinecurrently
scaramouche
scaramouche Avatar
one spark baby!

Jenesis Avatar
traveller Avatar
I kinda get pre-releases and beta access are hot in gaming, but I don’t quite see the point for roleplay.
I can see the appeal, specifically for testing site features. Sometimes you as an admin can tunnel in on your vision and it helps to get feedback from third parties like "this membergroup skin's colors hurt my eyes" or "this part of the guidebook doesn't make sense" before opening the floodgates to the general public.

this! i gave serious thought to doing a beta type thing but thought people might see it as silly. but as a solo admin, it would help so much to know what works/what's confusing... some feedback at all. lol
last edit on May 28, 2024 19:58:22 GMT by scaramouche
aliasclock
pronounsShe/Her
37written posts
clockearned bits
offlinecurrently
clock
clock Avatar
traveller Avatar

As someone currently in the works on their site, I see "beta testing" as an opportunity to minimize as much potential errors, typos, and glitches as much as possible just so everything (or 90%-99% of it) is coherent, accessible, and overall easy to follow. Plus, it can already foster a community before I'd let the site be fully ready for other people to join that weren't invited in prior to the start of beta testing. Could all of this be done without doing beta testing and just open the site as is? Of course! But in my opinion, I prefer not having 90% of things that I've either missed or stuff not working pointed out before making the site public to join. xD
Tidal Wave
aliasAkira, Tsunami, Tsu, Aki
pronounsAny
4,224written posts
AkiraTsunamiearned bits
offlinecurrently
AkiraTsunami
Part of the Furniture
AkiraTsunami Avatar
I've got a hurricane in my head, I can't feel a thing, but it's better than dead
Lloydy Avatar
When you wanna write, but your brain is too dead.

bless this post... now my brain doesn't have to think about writing one like it.

256written posts
The Lawearned bits
offlinecurrently
The Law
The Law Avatar
Part of me wishes that playing "overpowered" characters is more normalised in this hobby. As someone who likes (in settings with superpowers/supernaturals/magic) characters who are on the strong side, it gets kinda bothersome when one automatically gets dirty looks and is seen as a potential godmoder for having such preferences. Or as I am fond of saying, "Godmoding is more a matter of RPing etiquette rather than what's written on the character profile."