write a reply

why animanga (face claims aside)

kmsdvlajvkefk
aliastanzaku, tanz, tan-tan, egao, protag, chapel, tbotc
pronounsshe/her
1,333written posts
offlinecurrently
emotional over wallace event/alt
as i got older i forgot, but itโ€™s still true to me to this day. The reason i got into animanga rp ans why i prefer it is bc i like to visualize stories with anime animation and music. AMVโ€™s were a pretty big part of my childhood and i always found myself โ€œplayingโ€ stories in my head as if they were an anime opening. I realized i still do this to this day and find myself much more invested in it. Thereโ€™s been talk in another thread about how animanga rp is a mix of writing, graphics and coding. IA with that while still believing writing is the most important aspectโ€ฆ. But also, i have to admit that rp in a way is like a mixed media for me, with how i consume it and approach it. Itโ€™s why i love making dev threads too. I love just putting things together to make the animated world in my head about my characters (not even just on rping but writing in general.)

so thatโ€™s why animanga will always be in my blood. When people say graphics, it can seem shallow, but i guess i realized that weโ€™re all just different in our creative process. Iโ€™ve always been embarassed that i cant just sit down and focus writing. I need to โ€œvibeโ€ to get into it and i think thatโ€™s fine! We all embrace creativity and imagination differently

So yeah! I wanna see why others are into animanga rp โ€˜sides the whole faceclaim arguement.

Edit: this my immortal digimon frontier amv probably the biggest impact when i was a kid. Was constantly bawlling at the end ๐Ÿ’€

Edit2: actually i just rememvered there was this channel that played amvs and my sister and i would just wait for them to play our favorite amvs lmao. One is this vision of escaflowne one and that ff10 amv with โ€œcause im dreaming of u tonightโ€
last edit on Jan 25, 2024 22:57:34 GMT by ๐Ÿ’– โ‡๏ธ baa ~ dumm! โ‡๏ธ ๐Ÿ’–
aliasdee
pronounsShe/Her
24written posts
deenaearned bits
offlinecurrently
deena
deena Avatar
ok hopefully this isn't necroposting or w/e you call it bc this is kinda an interesting question to me.

i say that bc i actually started out with warrior cats as like my first ever official roleplay debut on proboards, then i ventured onto rl fcs. just a few years later as i've grown up, i tried out animanga and since then i've only been doing animanga 90% of the time.

(what i'm about to say is from my experience and my experience only)

being that i've been in both communities for the longest and while both are totes awesome and candid for the most part, i'd say with animanga i feel like i can relate more with members within the community. at least, with the sites i've been on that are animanga. we have similar interests in the games and anime we consume from the sites i was on and i was able to kind of be myself if that makes any sense?? don't get me wrong, the rl sites i was on were super friendly and pleasant to be around, but i have noticed the way in how they banter was different than compared to animanga. animanga isn't afraid to get a little silly and obnoxious whereas rl is about the same in silliness but it's more mellow. nothing wrong with it, ofc, but it was like i had to tip toe around so i don't make anyone uncomfy and whatnot, which is not what we do in this household :triumph:

so ya, tldr the communities of rl that i've been in are like close family to me whereas communities of animanga that i've been in are like best friends you've knew since kindergarten and continue to jam out and vibe for over a decade, never losing any contact.
aliaspor, sef, jdawg
pronounsshe | her
526written posts
porsefearned bits
offlinecurrently
porsef
Part of the Furniture
porsef Avatar
chichi wo moge
i think the genres that are more common in the 'animanga' scene interest me a lot more than 'real life' communities. especially when it comes to fandom content. since we put our characters in illustrated lenses, it makes it easier for me to vibe with fantasy and sensitive topics as it is so far detached from reality. i can definitely relate with the whole... creating animated scenes / worlds in my head 24/7. as well as finding it easier to make friends as we tend to share very similar interests (ie. being gamers and/or liking anime to being with).

i've been in the community for a long time regardless so there is a semblance of comfort to it too. also, i have never quite stepped into the 'real life' community. so i can't speak too much on how much i'd like it in that crowd.
540written posts
Sharpearned bits
offlinecurrently
Sharp
Part of the Furniture
Sharp Avatar
I like big fonts and I cannot lie
deena Avatar
ok hopefully this isn't necroposting or w/e you call it bc this is kinda an interesting question to me.

People that complain about necro posts are pedants and deserve to be made fun of. Enjoy the internet without hesitation and donโ€™t worry about the made up etiquette people on reddit use to snob at people. Admis/mods can archive topics that arenโ€™t relevant.
last edit on Feb 6, 2024 18:35:13 GMT by Sharp