pronounsshe/her
1,793written posts
Nekoearned bits
offlinecurrently
Neko
Administrator
Neko Avatar
stressed, depressed, and probably not well-dressed
I use sticky notes. No proofreading and I even type bbcode while I type, so I don't have to go back and add it. Honestly my husband gets naturally upset about it but it's hilarious. I do use scrivner to have an offsite copy of all my apps though and Notepad++ to have all my tables across different sites. All it does is justify the text but it bothers me when text isn't justified so we're here.

pronounsshe/her
195written posts
scarletearned bits
offlinecurrently
scarlet
scarlet Avatar
Directly into the website box like an insane person.

Specifically, my process is this:

• Copy previous post's template.
  • Delete the fill-in post template I keep meaning to delete from my default.
  • Paste the template and then begin typing my post and making any needed template changes.
  • Double-check I'm clicking 'Submit' and not 'Save Changes.'
  • Submit, reread, then edit every single typo I find until I'm satisfied.

last edit on Jan 29, 2024 17:47:58 GMT by scarlet
pronounsshe / her
398written posts
Ven โ˜†earned bits
offlinecurrently
Ven โ˜†
Summer '19 Bingo Completionist
Ven โ˜† Avatar
got a secret, can you keep it?
โ€ฆam I the only MS Word savage around these parts?

I used to write directly into the reply box, however with the browser crashing on me one too many times Iโ€™ve learned my lesson and write my post in MS Word before copy/pasting it into the posting template and hitting โ€˜Postโ€™

aliasmartini
pronounsshe / her
20written posts
illuminationearned bits
offlinecurrently
illumination
illumination Avatar
I stand alone in this house of glass
a pageless document on google docs that also acts as a pseudo-threadtracker for my characters. the collapsible headers are an absolute godsend, but the downside is that pageless mode doesn't work very well on mobile. i'll sometimes start a post in my phone's notes and paste it into the document for later.

hover & icon
pixiv id 20784982

Tidal Wave
aliasAkira, Tsunami, Tsu, Blue, Aki, Kazzie
pronounsAny
4,143written posts
AkiraTsunamiearned bits
offlinecurrently
AkiraTsunami
Part of the Furniture
AkiraTsunami Avatar
I've got a hurricane in my head, I can't feel a thing, but it's better than dead
I like to live on the edge apparently and write all of my posts right in the jcink or proboards reply windows lol.

pronounsD A R K
259written posts
offlinecurrently
Death is just a new beginning.
I can do it in notepad, or wordcounter.net, as long as I can see the original post so I know what I'm responding to I'm good. I don't use the posting areas on a site ever, because 1: can't see the other person's reply and working on the 'memory' of what I've read always leads to me missing things. And 2: if I lose a post it's a pretty big blow to me, I get really IC when I write, so it's a very raw immediate reply, but if that gets wiped and I have to start over, it's never as IC and honestly it just sucks to lose something important to you, so I don't take that risk.
Feline Overlord
aliasChibi
pronounsShe/Her
1,793written posts
Chibi Magicianearned bits
offlinecurrently
Chibi Magician
Spring '21 Dev Completionist
Chibi Magician Avatar
Pure Gremlin Energy
To be honest, I write them on the site window 90% of the time. From my ProBoards days when my posts got gobbled sometimes both due to ProBoards and my poor internet, I have an automatic compulsion to do 'CRTL + A' followed by 'CRTL + C'. So I have never really been too worried about it since my brain does it on impulse.

When I am writing on my phone, I actually have a google doc where I copy the person's response so I can write my response with an easy reference. I usually set it up on my computer and adjust it for planned writing. When a post won't go through or the power goes out, I just open a notepad tab since notepad will hold things without having to save now if you keep its tab open; even if you close notepad entirely! Only time I stray from using the window entirely is on Discord replies. Then I type them straight into notepad since I find it a bit easier to reference what I wrote and what the previous post is.