where do you write your posts

kmsdvlajvkefk
aliastanzaku, tanz, tan-tan, egao, protag, chapel, tbotc
pronounsshe/her
1,333written posts
offlinecurrently
💖 ❇️ baa ~ dumm! ❇️ 💖 Avatar
emotional over wallace event/alt
so i know it's common to write it in gdocs or even evernote so people can write anywhere + not losing their posts

but unless im mobile posting, i 100% only write my posts in the site itself. i love spamming preview and seeing my progress. just feels more immersive, as mizo put it in another thread. yes i have lost posts BUT that's very rare and you'll forget about it and pretend it ever happening eventually! statistically, i've only lost 2 out of ~200 posts i made in the last few months so pretty good stats! and that's really my fault. my fingers accidentally pressed somthing and boom. chrome has closed all the windows :) 
aliasantiviral
pronounsHe/Him
217written posts
Beetleearned bits
offlinecurrently
Beetle
Beetle Avatar
I write it in Notepad. It's always been a really nice lightweight program with no distractions, and I only ever do posts on desktop, but it's also gotten a lot of love from Microsoft in the last couple of years. You can open up new documents in tabs and it autosaves, so I can just shut off my computer without saving a whole file and it'll be there when I open it next.

Solar Waltz
, an 18+ panfandom set in nyc
kmsdvlajvkefk
pronounsshe/her
1,333written posts
offlinecurrently
Beetle Avatar
so I can just shut off my computer without saving a whole file and it'll be there when I open it next.

nmissed opportunity to have Untitled.docx, Untitled(2).docx, Untitled(3).docx, Untitled(4).docx
aliasantiviral
pronounsHe/Him
217written posts
Beetleearned bits
offlinecurrently
Beetle
Beetle Avatar
nmissed opportunity to have Untitled.docx, Untitled(2).docx, Untitled(3).docx, Untitled(4).docx
Bold of you to assume I don't always name my files "sajksh", "fdjgdkgjh", "dfgjhkdfgh" and "sfgkjwek kj"

Solar Waltz
, an 18+ panfandom set in nyc
kmsdvlajvkefk
pronounsshe/her
1,333written posts
offlinecurrently
Beetle Avatar
Bold of you to assume I don't always name my files "sajksh", "fdjgdkgjh", "dfgjhkdfgh" and "sfgkjwek kj"
hey it's the same series of my custom title!
last edit on Jan 27, 2024 4:34:33 GMT by 💖 ❇️ baa ~ dumm! ❇️ 💖
aliaspandora, winter
pronounsshe/her
26written posts
panearned bits
offlinecurrently
pan
pan Avatar
viva la leviathan
wish i could say i even use preview...or formatting...but no...i write on site....in quick reply, surrounded only by [blockquote*]. i'm a lowly savage. i lose posts every week. i never learn my lesson. i am no longer allowed to complain to my friends who just tell me to get f-cked. my cages are mental and yet i am unfree.
i'm so eepy
the narrative
aliasCel, Nightlock
pronounsShe/They
707written posts
CELearned bits
offlinecurrently
CEL
Part of the Furniture
CEL Avatar
mankind, be vigilant; we loved you.
honestly pan gets it. posting directly on site is my bread and butter, anyone who rps with me will only get posts that come right outta my stream of consciousness. no editing. no spellcheck. nothing. if i make a mistake somewhere thats on me, but i am Committed to sticking to this.

coming soon.
Stardust in me
aliasEm, Dragon
pronounsShe/Her/Hers
773written posts
rabbitearsearned bits
offlinecurrently
rabbitears
Part of the Furniture
rabbitears Avatar
We're motivated by the stars that we're made of
CEL Avatar
honestly pan gets it. posting directly on site is my bread and butter, anyone who rps with me will only get posts that come right outta my stream of consciousness. no editing. no spellcheck. nothing. if i make a mistake somewhere thats on me, but i am Committed to sticking to this.
This is me. Except I write with the Grammarly plugin, too, so I've got spelling and grammar corrections screaming at me, some of which I take and some suggestions (especially stylistic ones) I ignore ...
aliasAsk me~
pronounsHe or They
174written posts
Wraithearned bits
offlinecurrently
Wraith
Wraith Avatar
There's hope beyond this lone abyss.
Libre Office/other word processors. I'm used to it, it's cozy and I have keybinds there due to novel writing/editing/etc.. I use various notes programs for related things and can have 8+ instances of those open at a time, and sometimes I'll write shorter posts there but...rarely, really. Plus, using word processors doubles as having back-up and makes backing up posts easier.

Sometimes I wrote on-site on forums that had a draft system, I don't tempt fate with early IPB and other software without built-in draft history. SO many brave people in this thread . Respect 
Catscape Meow!
aliasJen, DeJener8
pronounsShe/her
256written posts
Jenesisearned bits
offlinecurrently
Jenesis
Jenesis Avatar
basic windows notepad only. I write the post and then c+p it to forum and edit in all the formatting there

rping on pb in a site that cared about word counts but also allowed fancy templates killed my desire to ever post on-site again. too much clutter & inaccurate wc meant I had to transfer over to a third party window anyway, so why take the risk of site hiccups / accidentally hitting the back button to begin with
last edit on Jan 28, 2024 20:18:37 GMT by Jenesis
aliasmany - just ask!
pronounsShe/They
205written posts
eulalieearned bits
offlinecurrently
eulalie
eulalie Avatar
Let the mighty be humbled.
As some have mentioned before, I mostly write my responses in notepad. It's nice and basic and whenever I am using a template, it's much easier to post in the basic text than some other writing programs. However, if I am writing longer-form, I tend to use google docs as I need the save feature or else I'm screwed lol
the endless hunt
aliasleto, blobert, crow
pronounshe / they
1,381written posts
ullaearned bits
offlinecurrently
ulla
Administrator
ulla Avatar
in turning divine, we tangle endlessly

i used to use evernote, but during my break the free version of it became a lot worse and while it's still manageable as a basic text storing program that has functionality on my pc and my tablet, the fact that i can't store more than 50 notes anymore or have more than 1 notebook to keep all my little things organized was kind of a deal breaker to me. thanks to 's rec i've picked up notion which has everything that evernote didn't and also is really friendly with organization in a way that evernote was only sub par at best at.

but don't be fooled, i don't really proof read or edit my posts beyond just scanning for basic typos, i just really like having offsite apps that sync across systems
last edit on Jan 28, 2024 20:58:08 GMT by ulla
aliasAsu
pronounsshe/her/hers
391written posts
Asuearned bits
offlinecurrently
Asu
Asu Avatar
With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world.
the only appropriate place

DIRECTLY INTO THE BOX

If I lose the post, it means it wasn't meant to be and to rewrite it. I've changed the course of my decision making based (choosing to do something versus choosing to do something else) on did the box eat my post. Sometimes I even come up with something better because the box ate my post.

Dynamic RPing at its finest.
pronounsshe/her
34written posts
margaritaearned bits
offlinecurrently
margarita
margarita Avatar
google keep! it autosaves (necessary back when i had a shitty comp), and since i'm signed into google on most of my devices, i can start a post on my phone and pick it back up on my desktop. i usually pop it into a separate window and make it small and put it up beside whatever post i'm doing so i can see what i'm writing and what i'm replying to at the same time.