write a reply

Quick Interest Checks

61written posts
erbalearned bits
offlinecurrently
erbal
erbal Avatar
erbal Avatar
am I the only person out there who thinks a Warhammer 40k RP could be cool, I've never seen one anywhere, it doesn't have to be in the canon setting and could be in one of the alternate universes, I just think it could be a great setting for a large variety of characters, have multiple ideas for what the site story about or the setting but looking to see if anyone might be interested
  Been thinking about this still, looked at some failed sites, got an idea for a story that would allow for the multiple factions to partake, while also separating itself from the canon story in such a way to allow standout ocs. I call this possible project. From Whence the Blood flows. The idea would be that a world taken over by khornite berserker and Orks has truly become a battle heaven, and is going around pulling in people from all sides, but there's a terrible time loop on the planet making the slaughter endless as people on all sides deal with the mystery of this planet and the whims and plans of the factions stuck on this endless war planet.

Maybe to encourage some site plot that shows creativity a new founding could've been made to deal with this planet as a crusade as it moves around affecting solar systems and such. (Death would still be apart of site story I imagine but I love the idea of an endless war planet where you could basically do all the pvp and pve you want, but willing to alter the plot with feedback
pronounshe/they
77written posts
harrowearned bits
offlinecurrently
harrow
harrow Avatar
to remember is to embrace great pain
slice of life or very low-stakes plot site set on a space station, like star trek deep space nine or the like. freedom in character creation, as all sorts of alien races stop by the station. easy integration for new members without feeling like there's an entire set of site lore to "catch up" on to get involved. just fun times with characters makin it work out in space.
aliasmiddy, midnight
pronounsShe/Her
668written posts
NIGHTBLOOMearned bits
offlinecurrently
NIGHTBLOOM
Part of the Furniture
NIGHTBLOOM Avatar
so it goes.
harrow Avatar
slice of life or very low-stakes plot site set on a space station, like star trek deep space nine or the like. freedom in character creation, as all sorts of alien races stop by the station. easy integration for new members without feeling like there's an entire set of site lore to "catch up" on to get involved. just fun times with characters makin it work out in space.

hnnnggg I've always wanted to make something like this and have had it in the works for a long time... Lack of help with it has put it on the back burner though. But I reeeeally want this too...

coming soon.
61written posts
erbalearned bits
offlinecurrently
erbal
erbal Avatar
I have this idea for a sort of post-apoc rp that is sci-fantasy, so that way there's mostly messed up wilderness and ruins and then most of society exists in powerful cities or nomadic groups that have the power to keep themselves defended from the threats of the world. The idea would be to start with only a few of these cities/factions to allow better exploration of the setting and sub-factions within it. Also for it to sort of be a mix of genres/themes/aesthetics to allow people to rp alot of character types.

From the leader of a city mafia to a bog witch, to a worthwhile crafter who makes tools of legend. An rp for both people who wanna do cool combat stuff or slice-of-life stuff, mystery stuff or so on. Any can impact the plot, but most importantly would just be about having fun and making interesting stories.
local boogeyman
aliasbex, jeepers cats
pronounsshe/any
731written posts
sister ghoulearned bits
offlinecurrently
sister ghoul
Part of the Furniture
sister ghoul Avatar
they pull the axe out your face and say "was it the boogeyman?"
erbal Avatar
I have this idea for a sort of post-apoc rp that is sci-fantasy, so that way there's mostly messed up wilderness and ruins and then most of society exists in powerful cities or nomadic groups that have the power to keep themselves defended from the threats of the world. The idea would be to start with only a few of these cities/factions to allow better exploration of the setting and sub-factions within it. Also for it to sort of be a mix of genres/themes/aesthetics to allow people to rp alot of character types.

From the leader of a city mafia to a bog witch, to a worthwhile crafter who makes tools of legend. An rp for both people who wanna do cool combat stuff or slice-of-life stuff, mystery stuff or so on. Any can impact the plot, but most importantly would just be about having fun and making interesting stories.
put it on jcink and i'll skin it lmao. i've been wanting to do something akin to this for AGES, but frankly i get so overwhelmed by my own ideas that i stop before i get started. 
last edit on Apr 28, 2023 14:24:51 GMT by sister ghoul

61written posts
erbalearned bits
offlinecurrently
erbal
erbal Avatar
sister ghoul Avatar
erbal Avatar

put it on jcink and i'll skin it lmao. i've been wanting to do something akin to this for AGES, but frankly i get so overwhelmed by my own ideas that i stop before i get started. 
I was already planning on jcink but hearing this definitely secures that. I'll happily accept the help
pronounsShe-Her
99written posts
Elaysaearned bits
offlinecurrently
Elaysa
Elaysa Avatar
I'm actually a cat person
I've been fiddling with a possible premise for a fantasy site set in feudal Japan. I'm not really committed to the idea yet, but I thought I'd just throw it out there x3

Basic Cliffnotes:
‣ Set either in a fantasy world heavily inspired by feudal Japan or directly set in Japan (~15th-16th century)
‣ High fantasy with political intrigue and what have you
‣ Would include the option to focus solely on slice-of-life plots if you fancy
‣ A large variety of species to choose from, such as humans, yokai, oni/demons or halflings
3 starting clans/factions, more can be added as the plot progresses
Canon characters (primarily leaders of the aforementioned factions) – mostly only concepts, it would be up to the writer to flesh them out if they choose to take one
Statless combat, mostly freeform magic system (with some restriction to keep it from going wild, ofc)
‣ A possible inclusion of 'lower' spirits and demons that like to run around and attack civilians, to spice things up a little
Jcink-hosted

Basically GoT but with samurai, I guess...? EITHER WAY, I'm not 100% on this site idea as of now. Although I have some of the lore already figured out, I'm still very much in the brainstorming phase. If you are interested in a site of this nature and/or want to share a thought in regards to the lore and world-building, definitely shoot me a PM ^^

I lowkey had a site with a very similar promise years back. Do I have a lot of unresolved angst towards it? OF COURSE I DO
aliasjo, honey
pronounsfeminine
645written posts
offlinecurrently
honey and the forgor land
Part of the Furniture
honey and the forgor land Avatar
fed up with y'all bitches
nir Avatar
honey and the forgor land Avatar
quoting this because i need this shot directly into my veins
made in abyss x hells paradise vibes would be sweet
sorry to spam(?) BUT AHHHHHHHH WTF THIS IS A CRAZY GOOD IDEA PLEASE
0written posts
Deletedearned bits
offlinecurrently
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
Burning Tyrant is a tentative Renaissance fantasy RP set in a human kingdom bordering the lair of a slumbering dragon queen. It will be hosted on Jcink Premium (3-3-3/R-18), use illustrated faceclaims, and will feature both human dragonriders-slash-pyromancers and weaker dragons known as firedrakes as playable races. The plot will revolve around the conflict between the human kingdom and the dragon queen's kingdom as the dragon queen slowly reawakens. If sufficient interest is generated by this post, I will spin this off into a full interest check!
aliaskat
pronounsshe/her
96written posts
katearned bits
offlinecurrently
kat
kat Avatar
more of a structure concept check:

any interest in a semi-private site that takes interest forms (or something similar) to curate a smaller environment of writers who have aligned interests/personalities and goals in writing?

hover @kagoya1219 twit
icon 'heart breaker' manhwa