pronounsShe/Her
1,787written posts
Chibi Magicianearned bits
offlinecurrently
Chibi Magician
Spring '21 Dev Completionist
Chibi Magician Avatar
Pure Gremlin Energy
When I make errors in the site census and am unsure if the totals are correct because I may have just placed the statistic under the incorrect gender group. I know it is me cause it is something I am prone to doing; usually, I catch it before it becomes an issue. x.x I hate when this happens causes so much confusion on my part and going back to re-count can be a headache; chances are I would mess the count up too! x.x

ic for a dystopian fantasy role-play
pronounsShe/Her
6written posts
kewlkieraearned bits
offlinecurrently
kewlkiera
kewlkiera Avatar
I'm jumping on the bandwagon

- When you are the backbone of your staff team. If you're active and trying to work on the RP, so is the rest of the staff, but once you decide to take a break or hiatus for whatever reason, all progress within the team seems to come to a slow. And then you get a whole mess of "Hey why's everyone inactive?" from members and you gotta point out your own personal hiatus and remind staff to at least continue to pop in and keep the community alive.

- "Hey the faceclaim/availability thread needs to be updated." I'm well aware, Tommy. The fact of the matter is my life doesn't revolve around updating threads 24/7. Sorry your name isn't there, but it'll be updated eventually. Maybe in like... an hour... or five. Y'know how it is.

- When you're the only person that's the most code-inclined and therefore trusted to do most of the work/editing. There have been times when I've sat at my computer for 8 hours or more.

I can understand if it's making a thread from scratch, but come on, Suzie, if it's an existing thread you're trying to edit you can just CTRL + F what you want to find among the gibberish and go nuts.

- When you end up putting big fat notices of "MAKE SURE YOU USE *THIS* TYPE OF USERNAME AND NOT *THIS*" (and believe me, it was big, bold, orange, and below the registration button), but people just either blatantly ignore it or don't care and want to see if they can get away with it. Then there's the whole sob story of "Do I really have to re-create my account?" Like yes, Susan, because it's tearing my OCD apart that your name isn't in order with the rest of the 100+ members.

Oh, and when they take forEVER to re-create the account, too. This especially stands for types of RPs that have a "Verification" system where you gotta be added into a group in order to see the full view of the forum - including critical boards for them to review once they're verified, too.

- When you're a canon-based RP but with custom group names and you know for a fact that a person never read ANY of your info because they used the canon group name when trying to join your RP (ie. if you're in a Pokemon RP set in Johto, but this person says they'd like to apply for being a part of Team Rocket when you decided to re-write the lore and enemy team into "Team Opal"). Please, for the love of god, my fingers were going to fall off from the amount of writing and lore and coding I had set up for your eyes to see. Please use your eyeballs. Please appreciate the custom work that I've been dying to know if you like it.

- When you have a shop system implemented and there's always that odd player that goes "Oh... I have to PAY for that?"

So much for the positivity of trying to create a dynamic RP experience that only requires a couple extra posts to make the moola.

Rolling Skies
A 4 Clanned Warrior Cats RP with a unique hunting/foraging system

Being re-vamped!
Admin Pet-peeves written Sept 2, 2018 11:49:10 GMT via mobile
phantom of the black parade
pronounsshe / her pronouns
4,237written posts
Kuroyaearned bits
offlinecurrently
Kuroya
Part of the Furniture
Kuroya Avatar
at this, the world's end, do we cast off tomorrow~!
sb: *continues to harass staff over applications despite being told on at least three separate occasions not to and having other approved characters they refuse to do anything with, all while showing 0 regard for other desires and responsibilities outside of app processing*

me:
last edit on Sept 2, 2018 11:56:21 GMT by Kuroya

internally screaming
pronounsshe/her
1,786written posts
Nekoearned bits
offlinecurrently
Neko
Administrator
Neko Avatar
stressed, depressed, and probably not well-dressed
Kitten4u Avatar
Anyone that tries to guilt me into anything gets laughed at. I am heartless kitten and I feel no shame. Only irritation towards the people that keep trying this on me.

I'll actually respond to this later with actual peeves - but as a fellow Cat-admin, this is me as well. You can guilt me as much as you want. I had several people do that over time to try to get their op-crap on my board and no. You can sit with everyone else or leave the classroom. No one gets preferential treatment on my board. I mean it helps that even people who I staff with are usually my husband/best friend so like- I'm mean to them, in general, but in a loving way. I let them have their character freedom just like everyone else but will suplex them if they try to break lore.
Any way the Wind Blows...
aliasMisha
pronounsHe/They
123written posts
Scaramoucheearned bits
offlinecurrently
Scaramouche
Scaramouche Avatar
Get ready

Okay, SO! Full disclaimer, I have only been an admin since March of this year, but I have discovered several things that people do that irk the shit outta me. I dunno if these are petty, or common, and I might relist several (If not all... 8 pages worth). But here is my (And my Co-admins) list:

When someone PM or DMs me complaining about something being "unfair" in my rules. As an example: We currently do not allow the summoning of creatures from one's homeworld because the lore states that the setting is completely closed off from the rest of the known universe. If you have an item which holds your "summoning" like a Pokéball, yes. If you need to summon Ifrit from Final Fantasy world, sorry. AS OF RIGHT NOW you can't. It's part of the lore, sorry. And though we have repeatedly said, in the Discord and in an Announcement... People will still contact me and complain it's not fair. Honey, life ain't fair get over it.

I think this is a pet peeve for any and everyone. Those members that derail the conversation every time they show up in the CBox or Discord, just to talk about THEIR CHARACTERS. The only time they talk, it's about themselves, their characters, or those characters that intimately interact with their character. I get it, I'm obsessed with Keith and I RP him on my forums. But I will happily talk about Jane's anime because I have watched it or Mark's Character because wow that idea is bloody brill or even happily listen to Susan gush about how much she loves Sora for KH... Like that's cool. But don't come into my house and make it all about you. Okay, there are 20 other people here.

On that note, those people who feel that because I'm a super-chill admin, they can come at me and try to tell ME what to do. I get it, you have been on 20 billion staff teams before. But I don't come to your house and tell you what you are doing right and wrong. This is my forum. I can make a rule where all NPCs are now purple if I want, and you cannot stop me. If you don't like something so much that you have to tell me what to do, you can leave. I'm in my 30's, I've lived long enough to know the difference between constructive criticisms and full stop bitching. 

Member Theft. This is something that makes me pretty peeved. I know that staff from another canon panfandom forum has joined mine, came into our discord, never once RPed, and stole people from our member base. I watched it happen, and it was super shitty. My whole staff team was enraged by it.

Potential members that take 400 years to app. It's been two months, and you've changed the character your apping 6 times now. You either need to finish an app, or go. If things have come up, like family issues or life, lemme know and I won't be like RAWR. But if you're active every day, talking in the cbox of the discord and you're still taking forever to app, there is a problem.

Those members who think because you're friendly with them they will A: Be staff or B: Are staff. Mini-modding is annoying as hell, and when members answer questions from guests wrong, it can be annoying but like I get wanting to be helpful. I'm talking the members who act like staff when staff is right there. That think because they are friends with the head admin they have special privileges. No, you don't. I'm an Admin that is friendly to everyone. I treat everyone with respect and kindness, and if we become friends, awesome. Doesn't make you staff, honey.

Now don't get me wrong, I love my staff team to bits, but when I have to go behind them after accepting a character and sorting to fix things, I get peeved about it. I hired you guys to do this, please PLEASE stop forgetting.

Those people who don't read the rules, the lore or anything at all, and sign up with their character name wrong then either argue or say "oh my bad" then don't fix it. Like, you can tell the people who at least looked over the info provided. I spent hours and hours writing that for you to read, honey. Please read it.

When a guest feels it's kosher to pop into the CBox to whinge and complain that their characters are taken thus they cannot join. Sorry, Jane. It's first come, first serve. I understand being upset you can't RP your favourites, but move on. I don't wanna see you complaining you can't have Usagi from Sailor Moon because someone else has her. That's not cool.

Those members that nitpick the lore, the skin, the rules. Every time they DM me on Discord I am like preparing myself to grit my teeth and smile and be like "I'm Sorry". I might sound harsh but if you don't like it, leave. I would rather lose your list of characters than put up with you.

My forum has OOC accounts, and we use them to send PMs from staff, organisation and so on. It drives me nuts when my members refuse to make their OOC their parent account then complain they never got a PM we said we sent them.

When people never read PMs from Staff. Ever.

ANY FORM OF GUILT TRIPPING.

Having to remind people a billion times to check into the activity check, having to vote for nominations, having to do anything. I feel like I'm holding their hands and that's not my job. If your character gets dropped because you keep ignoring me, that's your fault.

The people who think because they have the character account that means it's reserved. Nope. We have a reserve list for a reason. If someone wants Sakura and you're just sitting on her account with no reserve, if someone tells me that they want Sakura, guess who's getting her. Not you because you don't gotta reserve.

Oops this got long. I love love love being an Admin 95% of the time. I sound like I'm bitching I'm sorry
0written posts
Deletedearned bits
offlinecurrently
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
Scaramouche Avatar
I think this is a pet peeve for any and everyone. Those members that derail the conversation every time they show up in the CBox or Discord, just to talk about THEIR CHARACTERS. The only time they talk, it's about themselves, their characters, or those characters that intimately interact with their character. I get it, I'm obsessed with Keith and I RP him on my forums. But I will happily talk about Jane's anime because I have watched it or Mark's Character because wow that idea is bloody brill or even happily listen to Susan gush about how much she loves Sora for KH... Like that's cool. But don't come into my house and make it all about you. Okay, there are 20 other people here.

whispers don't forget the members who have to soapbox their bad day(s)/rl troubles
aliasMisha
pronounsHe/They
123written posts
Scaramoucheearned bits
offlinecurrently
Scaramouche
Scaramouche Avatar
dandy Avatar
Scaramouche Avatar
whispers don't forget the members who have to soapbox their bad day(s)/rl troubles
Jesus on a pogo stick, those too.
Feline Overlord
aliasChibi
pronounsShe/Her
1,787written posts
Chibi Magicianearned bits
offlinecurrently
Chibi Magician
Spring '21 Dev Completionist
Chibi Magician Avatar
Pure Gremlin Energy
Cause I always have issues and peeves, I am back again.

When members change the application or use very bright colours in a posting/plotting/threading template. I am going to state this now, I do not mind remotely my members changing the application if it includes all necessary information about the character or even if they do some colour changes, but please, for the love of God, try to avoid practically blinding me with bright colours. x.x I like it better when my eyeballs are not smoking because they are being blinded by an incredibly bright pink you used as a background colour. This goes similarly with templates mostly because as stated, bright colours just hurt like hell on the eyes.

ic for a dystopian fantasy role-play
pronounsgoddess
454written posts
pixie pieearned bits
offlinecurrently
pixie pie
pixie pie Avatar
Scaramouche Avatar

Can I get an amen?

Or how about the people that - while everyone is having a very engaging conversation, come in just to talk about something very unrelatable that only pertains to them so that conversation gets focused on just what they are saying or in most cases - conversation straight up dies :(
aliasMisha
pronounsHe/They
123written posts
Scaramoucheearned bits
offlinecurrently
Scaramouche
Scaramouche Avatar
pixie pie Avatar
Scaramouche Avatar
Can I get an amen?

Or how about the people that - while everyone is having a very engaging conversation, come in just to talk about something very unrelatable that only pertains to them so that conversation gets focused on just what they are saying or in most cases - conversation straight up dies :(
Those annoy me so much too. I think that is a general pet peeve, tbh. Even as a member before I made my forum that would irk me so much.