155written posts
alcoveearned bits
offlinecurrently
alcove
alcove Avatar
ask not for whom the bell tolls
AkiraTsunami Avatar
alcove Avatar
I write javascript scripts to automate claims and reserves because I'm too lazy to manually do them all.

The time it takes for me to write this scripts takes significantly longer than if I were to just manually to them. But it makes me feel smort

wow... this can be done...? i need this to be done x.x

yup! I do this with stuff like face claims. people put their face claims as custom profile fields and it automatically updates a thread with them. I've only ever done it on jcink though.

you'll be able to see stuff like this in action when our shitpost panfan opens
Tidal Wave
aliasAkira, Tsunami, Tsu, Aki
pronounsAny
4,224written posts
AkiraTsunamiearned bits
offlinecurrently
AkiraTsunami
Part of the Furniture
AkiraTsunami Avatar
I've got a hurricane in my head, I can't feel a thing, but it's better than dead
-super later response because life happened-

o.o man I can't wait to see that! I'll have to drop by and take a look. I'm not too skilled with jcink, but I'm learning.

Elemental Enthusiast
aliasMari
pronounsthey/she
982written posts
Mariearned bits
offlinecurrently
Mari
Part of the Furniture
Mari Avatar
eternally tired
Not sure if this counts as a staffing thing but...

I really want to make another site (or maybe discord RP?) but I'm afraid that it'll flop once again 😭 I just don't want to pour my heart and soul into something nobody is going to look at
last edit on Feb 9, 2023 7:44:59 GMT by Mari
aliasnikki/nikz
pronounsshe, they
77written posts
hotaryuearned bits
offlinecurrently
hotaryu
hotaryu Avatar
one day!
Ex-Staffer Confessions:

>> Getting burned out bc you're the only one putting fires out and keeping things running

>> Losing muse to RP

>> Trying to keep things running ending up taking my time than actually writing

Another pet peeve I have as a member and site staffer is the ghosting, especially when someone wants to use the same name (the context is jcink since I RP on jcink) as the other character.

Tidal Wave
pronounsAny
4,224written posts
AkiraTsunamiearned bits
offlinecurrently
AkiraTsunami
Part of the Furniture
AkiraTsunami Avatar
I've got a hurricane in my head, I can't feel a thing, but it's better than dead
Sometimes as staff we have to make difficult decisions. As someone that struggles with making decisions, it is one of the hardest things to deal with.

phantom of the black parade
pronounsshe / her pronouns
4,363written posts
Kuroyaearned bits
offlinecurrently
Kuroya
Part of the Furniture
Kuroya Avatar
what do you want to know? my height, hobbies, quirks, the color of my underwear?
real talk, at this point, i just immediately delete any ads from sites that have age-restricted ad boards and call it a day

it's just not a guest-friendly advertising space (and unfair advertising practices since imo my site doesn't age-restrict ads + most guests aren't gonna bother doing the extra clicks just to see a site ad, so by default, my site is offering more visibility than the advertiser's, which isn't fair to my site) and i'm yeeting that crap the same way i would a site with a password-protected ad board or sites that sort their ad boards alphabetically
last edit on Feb 18, 2023 1:46:02 GMT by Kuroya

aliasInez
pronounsShe/Her
100written posts
Inezearned bits
offlinecurrently
Inez
Inez Avatar
Add me on Discord: Ikutama
hotaryu Avatar
Ex-Staffer Confessions:

>> Getting burned out bc you're the only one putting fires out and keeping things running

>> Losing muse to RP

>> Trying to keep things running ending up taking my time than actually writing

Another pet peeve I have as a member and site staffer is the ghosting, especially when someone wants to use the same name (the context is jcink since I RP on jcink) as the other character.

So much this though. I hate having a team but it feels like you're the only one putting in the actual work outside of maybe a stray approval for an ap or two. Advertising? Me. Improving the forum as a whole? Me. Dealing with the activity checks and issues? Me? Talking to friends? We can all do that.

Happens on so many forums I've been on and I know I can be a work horse but it is just so draining.
last edit on Feb 27, 2023 19:20:19 GMT by Inez
ɪ ᴀᴍ ᴀɴ ᴀᴅᴍɪɴ ᴏɴ

ᴀ ʜᴀᴅᴇꜱ-ɪɴꜱᴘɪʀᴇᴅ ɢʀᴇᴇᴋ ᴍʏᴛʜᴏʟᴏɢʏ ʀᴘ ꜰᴏʀᴜᴍ
ʟꜰ ꜱᴛᴀꜰꜰ ᴛᴇᴀᴍ, ᴀᴅᴅ ᴍᴇ ᴏɴ ᴅɪꜱᴄᴏʀᴅ
phantom of the black parade
pronounsshe / her pronouns
4,363written posts
Kuroyaearned bits
offlinecurrently
Kuroya
Part of the Furniture
Kuroya Avatar
what do you want to know? my height, hobbies, quirks, the color of my underwear?
ngl i kind of wish there was a good way to communicate "hey, our community is not really a good one for someone to use as ~baby's first rp site~" without coming across as mean or elitist

since bruh i'm really not trying to be mean but i'm not often equipped to do the heavy amount of hand-holding that this type of newbie requires outside of specific circumstances (like if it's a close friend who i'm just having to introduce to the site medium rather than to the process altogether) and i'm just trying to save us both a horrible experience without having everyone side-eye me for being mega elitist or think the site has bad vibes

Tidal Wave
pronounsAny
4,224written posts
AkiraTsunamiearned bits
offlinecurrently
AkiraTsunami
Part of the Furniture
AkiraTsunami Avatar
for that, i usually put somewhere in the rules or setting pages that "this site is meant for intermediate to long time rpers and is not very beginner rper friendly" or something like that. if people wanna toss a fit about it when its put blatantly like that it is their problem. not every site is molded for beginner use and that is perfectly okay. there are plenty of beginner friendly sites out there.

sorry for lack of caps i have one hand cuz the other has a kitten on it lol

pronounsany
297written posts
flareearned bits
offlinecurrently
flare
flare Avatar
rp is supposed to be fun, remember
I think sites should have a little section in rules/guidebook along the lines of "site culture." It could outline if it is more conflict or slice of life, how often to expect events or plot advancements from staff, how long people post on average, how often they post (e.g chill site or fastpaced), if it is good for beginners etc. Basically the overall vibes but not necessarily guidelines.
pronounsD A R K
273written posts
offlinecurrently
Death is just a new beginning.
Confession of Depression.

I want to make my own site again. But, I have so much anxiety to do so. I'm an obnoxiously sensitive person (something I hate) and so when bad things happen or things are disappointing, they tend to haunt me for a long time. There are just so many situations I wish I could go back and do better to change the outcome. Especially if they've resulted in the loss of a rp friendship. I miss a lot of connections I made and I crave making a place that welcomes all walks of roleplaying from new writers to old writers.

But, it's just this, messed up want to please everyone, which is monumentally impossible, there are so many landmines to avoid with people because everyone has different rules and views on what they want from a site, and I just feel fretful to try and fix and fix. But no matter what I do, someone gets hurt, someone leaves, someone is lost. And it just really gets to me.

So yeah, long rambling short. I have such a passion and craving to make a site, but in the end, I can't because I'm too bogged down by my own insecurities or whatever. And in the end it just leaves me with a feeling of depression. 

I wish there was a pill to eradicate sensitivity so I could function more like a regular person. To the people who I've upset in the past, I'm sorry. I'll always be sorry and I hope one day we can meet again, so that I can do better.