aliasCel, Nightlock
pronounsShe/They
797written posts
CELearned bits
offlinecurrently
CEL
Part of the Furniture
CEL Avatar
oh, i leave quite an impression; five feet, to be exact.
straight up, i love events. i love making events with weird prompts and mechanics, and seeing how people take those and run. it's hella satisfying to watch, and i adore reading every single event thread community members make because of that. the threads i've read and written in the past few weeks have been absolute gems, man

coming soon.
pronounsThey/Them
13written posts
Warriors_Weaverearned bits
offlinecurrently
Warriors_Weaver
Warriors_Weaver Avatar
I'm a little scared to be solo administrating this Pokemon RP. This is the first time I've run a forum while working a full-time job, and I don't have much experience with staffing a Pokemon site, but I'm finding my footing!
last edit on Nov 14, 2023 9:49:07 GMT by Warriors_Weaver
Tidal Wave
aliasAkira, Tsunami, Tsu, Aki
pronounsAny
4,224written posts
AkiraTsunamiearned bits
offlinecurrently
AkiraTsunami
Part of the Furniture
AkiraTsunami Avatar
I've got a hurricane in my head, I can't feel a thing, but it's better than dead
I really need like... advertisement staff. and event staff. These are my two worst things and I know it. As much as I like events and dramatic things, they never seem to take off because they're not required. And for advertising. THE CAPTCHAS are MURDER... I hate them T.T

aliaspor, sef, jdawg
pronounsshe | her
548written posts
porsefearned bits
offlinecurrently
porsef
Part of the Furniture
porsef Avatar
chichi wo moge
Kost Avatar
One day I'll make an RP where members can only app Fire Hydrants as characters. Look forward to our first event called "Revenge of the Traffic Lights".

pixar cars rp when???
Tidal Wave
pronounsAny
4,224written posts
AkiraTsunamiearned bits
offlinecurrently
AkiraTsunami
Part of the Furniture
AkiraTsunami Avatar
I've got a hurricane in my head, I can't feel a thing, but it's better than dead
Kost Avatar
One day I'll make an RP where members can only app Fire Hydrants as characters. Look forward to our first event called "Revenge of the Traffic Lights".

plop this in any kingdom hearts rp

the eldritch truth
pronounsHe/Him
1,102written posts
Phantasmearned bits
offlinecurrently
Phantasm
Part of the Furniture
Phantasm Avatar
AkiraTsunami Avatar
I really need like... advertisement staff. and event staff. These are my two worst things and I know it. As much as I like events and dramatic things, they never seem to take off because they're not required. And for advertising. THE CAPTCHAS are MURDER... I hate them T.T

moment i get two, that is it for the day lmao
phantom of the black parade
pronounsshe / her pronouns
4,362written posts
Kuroyaearned bits
offlinecurrently
Kuroya
Part of the Furniture
Kuroya Avatar
what do you want to know? my height, hobbies, quirks, the color of my underwear?
AkiraTsunami Avatar

i mean. maybe it's just me, but if site events aren't taking off because member interest isn't there when they're not required, i'd just either stop doing them or appropriately scale them back to be "breaks from the norm" rather than be-all end-all site-changing developments.

but i say that as someone who's climbed hard onto the train of thought that trying to force an ideal onto a site that a memberbase that's not interested in it is just an exercise in futility akin to trying to herd cats, so. ymmv.

Tidal Wave
pronounsAny
4,224written posts
AkiraTsunamiearned bits
offlinecurrently
AkiraTsunami
Part of the Furniture
AkiraTsunami Avatar
Kuroya Avatar
i mean. maybe it's just me, but if site events aren't taking off because member interest isn't there when they're not required, i'd just either stop doing them or appropriately scale them back to be "breaks from the norm" rather than be-all end-all site-changing developments.

but i say that as someone who's climbed hard onto the train of thought that trying to force an ideal onto a site that a memberbase that's not interested in it is just an exercise in futility akin to trying to herd cats, so. ymmv.

Most of my events could probably disappear entirely and no one would bat an eye. It's a lot of just whatever seasonal thing is going on at the time, like hanami in the springtime or whatever. Usuaaaally they're not hyper plot important. It does happen from time to time though. But yes. Memberbase is like herding cats. agreed lol.

pronounsshe/her
251written posts
scarletearned bits
offlinecurrently
scarlet
scarlet Avatar
I think type of event comes into play here, too.

Some groups prefer stuff that’s more socially oriented, some that are more PVP, some that feel like D&D campaigns unlocking site lore. Helps to figure out which type of event gets the best response. Trial and error until you finagle the magic combos.

My early mod events were hot garbage. Once I got experience and paid attention to what my members liked, my events were way more efficient and married things I liked to do to things I knew people would enjoy. Was easier to predict where I should put my effort.