bexearned bits
offlinecurrently
bex
Part of the Furniture
bex Avatar
they pull the axe out your face and say "was it the boogeyman?"
lumin Avatar
zac Avatar
top 10 rp experiences: character written as nonbinary and using they/them, blatantly in the prior reply - said character has they/them used for the pronouns but still, person writing to me uses he/him

i will scream into the void.......
my fave is when people make their characters nb, strictly have they/them in the profile and app, and still use he/him or she/her in their posts, referring to said character
Adding on: “I don’t understand they/them pronouns” but then you see that person using they in posts perfectly fine in other contexts 🤨 and later goes on to make characters using they/them lmao
last edit on May 19, 2023 14:54:14 GMT by bex
frog on the floor
aliasfreiheit, microwaved burrito
pronounsany
1,539written posts
pharaoh leapearned bits
offlinecurrently
pharaoh leap
Administrator
pharaoh leap Avatar
i've been having some pretty dark thoughts.
AkiraTsunami Avatar
leap... why is one of your aliases "microwaved burrito" ?

Site alias I used once or twice in the past. Does naming yourself after a soggy burrito, boiling lava hot on the outside and frozen solid on the inside, not add an air of mystique?
last edit on May 19, 2023 18:41:12 GMT by pharaoh leap
the narrative
aliasCel, Nightlock
pronounsShe/They
808written posts
CELearned bits
offlinecurrently
CEL
Part of the Furniture
CEL Avatar
i don't get angry when i'm pissed; i'm the eternal optimist.
a couple of ppl who know me rl: you should apply to (big design company) ! they have a couple entry jobs, good pay, and good benefits + it's up your alley
me, looking at the joblisting: ok actually i can probably do that
me, beginning the application process: ...wait i don't have a portfolio nvm
me, an hour later, after getting bored and sifting through a bunch of folders in my laptop: what do you mean i have a lot of design templates, layouts, mockups, logos, and graphics that i've done when i was bored all because i hyperfixated on my ocs? what do you mean i have what might be enough to constitute a proper portfolio--
last edit on May 19, 2023 20:30:35 GMT by CEL

coming soon.
pronounsThey/Them
547written posts
Ludoearned bits
offlinecurrently
Ludo
Part of the Furniture
Ludo Avatar
I wish I could write BOTW Link as a trans man without everyone being fucking weird about it, trans masc/nonbinary Link is my favorite and I wanna write him on a panfandom LIKE REALLY BAD, but everyone is so weird about trans headcanons IDK.
aliasjo, honey
pronounsfeminine
645written posts
offlinecurrently
honey and the forgor land
Part of the Furniture
honey and the forgor land Avatar
fed up with y'all bitches
to all the people i ever write posts for: i am so sorry bc i don't reread before i post ... ever
i just type and it comes out as is
last edit on May 20, 2023 6:40:49 GMT by honey and the forgor land
pronounsshe/they
67written posts
cilaearned bits
offlinecurrently
cila
cila Avatar
CEL Avatar
a couple of ppl who know me rl: you should apply to (big design company) ! they have a couple entry jobs, good pay, and good benefits + it's up your alley
me, an hour later, after getting bored and sifting through a bunch of folders in my laptop: what do you mean i have a lot of design templates, layouts, mockups, logos, and graphics that i've done when i was bored all because i hyperfixated on my ocs? what do you mean i have what might be enough to constitute a proper portfolio--

i don't want to discourage you, but i want to save you some heartache down the road. as someone who works in the design industry, i would not recommend putting rp stuff in your professional portfolio.

they will ask you if you have rights over any art you post in your portfolio, or the graphics you use are under a creative commons license. otherwise, you are plagiarizing and that is a big no-no. but honestly, you should be showing mostly original work in your portfolio, because it is a showcase of your skills, not someone else's. your interviewers will always ask how much of the work you did and what was your role. if you can't answer that, then you will be straight up rejected.

there's plenty of things you can do on your own that you can put in your portfolio, like redesigns or case studies. if you put rp/oc things into your portfolio, just be prepared to explain what it is and your design decisions.

honestly though i would love to see more people in the rpc become designers. happy to provide resources if people would like them!
last edit on May 20, 2023 6:53:23 GMT by cila
pronounsshe/her
346written posts
Mizoearned bits
offlinecurrently
Mizo
Mizo Avatar
If you are reading this, I am beautiful.
cila Avatar
CEL Avatar
i don't want to discourage you, but i want to save you some heartache down the road. as someone who works in the design industry, i would not recommend putting rp stuff in your professional portfolio.

they will ask you if you have rights over any art you post in your portfolio. but honestly, you should be showing mostly original work in your portfolio, because it is a showcase of your skills, not someone else's. your interviewers will always ask how much of the work you did and what was your role. if you can't answer that, then you will be straight up rejected.

there's plenty of things you can do on your own that you can put in your portfolio, like redesigns or case studies. if you put rp/oc things into your portfolio, just prepare to explain what it is and your design decisions.

honestly though i would love to see more people in the rpc become designers. happy to provide resources if people would like them!

100% this

Please do not use any of your roleplaying things in your portfolio. You will be asked specifically in your interviews how much of the work in your portfolio is solely done by you, and how much of it is not your work. The only things that you can include in your portfolio that isn't original work are things that have a creative common license, such as adobe fonts and icons (fontawesome).

The design industry isn't the... nicest, sometimes, so please do be careful and protect yourself.
last edit on May 20, 2023 7:06:15 GMT by Mizo

write a reply

QUICK REPLY

WRITE YOUR POST DOWN BELOW