write a reply

Post a Random Thought

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
aliasthat bitch.
pronouns"that bitch" still works tbh (any OK!)
551written posts
selkieearned bits
offlinecurrently
selkie
Part of the Furniture
selkie Avatar
a verb in perfect view.
cila Avatar
oh hell yeah, here's what made me a better designer ^-^

ty so much for taking the time to put a list together!!! 100% will add these to my tbr pile, ur awesome
weeping omens advertisement

all my proboards templates require the style tags plugin!
aliasInez
pronounsShe/Her
100written posts
Inezearned bits
offlinecurrently
Inez
Inez Avatar
Add me on Discord: Ikutama
Sometimes I just want a group of friends that I can channel the power of friendship through to challenge God himself.
ɪ ᴀᴍ ᴀɴ ᴀᴅᴍɪɴ ᴏɴ

ᴀ ʜᴀᴅᴇꜱ-ɪɴꜱᴘɪʀᴇᴅ ɢʀᴇᴇᴋ ᴍʏᴛʜᴏʟᴏɢʏ ʀᴘ ꜰᴏʀᴜᴍ
ʟꜰ ꜱᴛᴀꜰꜰ ᴛᴇᴀᴍ, ᴀᴅᴅ ᴍᴇ ᴏɴ ᴅɪꜱᴄᴏʀᴅ
pronounsD A R K
273written posts
offlinecurrently
Death is just a new beginning.
cila Avatar
𝓛𝓪𝓭𝔂 𝓐𝓭𝓲𝓻𝓪 Avatar
As someone who conducts interviews now at my new job, I can say that it's given me a new perspective. I have a sheet of question I need to go through, and throughout it 1 or 2 are crucial enough that if the candidate doesn't answer them properly, I'm to speed through the rest because they are an immediate no.

I always thought those who make site layouts/templates would excel in getting work pertaining to it because of the monumental talent they have to do what they do. But it's sad to know that the industry like so many others is not kind.
sorry to double post but i just wanted to comment!

as someone who's also hired ppl i think it's a little dismissive to completely write someone off for one or two fudged questions. what if they're nervous, or what if they're bad at interviewing? and if you keep them for the rest of the interview, you're wasting everyone's time really. that's just...being a decent person imo.

and people are really talented at layouts/templates in the rpc! it's just not enough to compromise the entire skillset of what a graphic designer needs. you really need to consider things like branding & identity, logos, illustrations, and so on. it's like hiring a programmer because you can code templates! it helps, but you need a more varied skillset.

while i don't deny that the industry is tough, there are plenty of ppl who are willing to share their knowledge if you're interested in becoming a good designer!

As someone who has a best friend with pretty bad anxiety, I completely understand this and no matter the question I feel the interview as a whole should be considered. But I'm new and so I have to follow the current rules before I can add in my own suggestions!

Though I will say the 2 questions they judge harshly make sense to me. 1, is how satisfied you are with life. Since you work with animals they can't afford someone who is unhappy because it will impact the pets. And 2, what kind of pay are you looking for! They've found in the past if the person expects something high, they tend to quit the job very quickly when it doesn't meet their expectations and this is hard on the animals since they bond with the employees who take care of them.

But as mentioned, it just opened my eyes that in an interview there can be certain questions that make or break your ability to get hired. I never knew that before...I guess I was naïve!
internally screaming
pronounsshe/her
1,836written posts
Nekoearned bits
offlinecurrently
Neko
Administrator
Neko Avatar
stressed, depressed, and probably not well-dressed
when I'm impersonated and I just go 'oop'. In other news no one will ever figure out my name in the work chat. My real name is like six words long, how can you keep tagging someone else's name and think it's me.

last edit on May 22, 2023 21:24:53 GMT by Neko
0written posts
Deletedearned bits
offlinecurrently
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
sometimes I think about how people I've known irl happened to go in a different direction than me, and I feel so happy for them. when they're able to shoot me a message, that means they took time out of their life and thought about me, and honestly? that feeling of serendipity can't be put into words. tl;dr: Howi is a sentimental baby
frog on the floor
aliasfreiheit, microwaved burrito
pronounsany
1,539written posts
pharaoh leapearned bits
offlinecurrently
pharaoh leap
Administrator
pharaoh leap Avatar
i've been having some pretty dark thoughts.
Finding out a song I've loved for many years is based on the same person as an Arknights character purely because they're listed right next to each other in the 'In Popular Culture' list on Wikipedia. If it wasn't already funny enough to see a gacha waifu listed underneath a bunch of prestigious-sounding books a movies, I'm losing my mind.
aliasInez
pronounsShe/Her
100written posts
Inezearned bits
offlinecurrently
Inez
Inez Avatar
Add me on Discord: Ikutama
Ever wondered if I could assemble a squad of coding wizards to debug the universe and fix all the glitches? Just in case, I've already started recruiting. Our first task? Take on the final boss of reality and debug the matrix itself. Who's in?
ɪ ᴀᴍ ᴀɴ ᴀᴅᴍɪɴ ᴏɴ

ᴀ ʜᴀᴅᴇꜱ-ɪɴꜱᴘɪʀᴇᴅ ɢʀᴇᴇᴋ ᴍʏᴛʜᴏʟᴏɢʏ ʀᴘ ꜰᴏʀᴜᴍ
ʟꜰ ꜱᴛᴀꜰꜰ ᴛᴇᴀᴍ, ᴀᴅᴅ ᴍᴇ ᴏɴ ᴅɪꜱᴄᴏʀᴅ
write a reply

QUICK REPLY

WRITE YOUR POST DOWN BELOW