aliasyuan
pronounsthey / them
978written posts
yuanearned bits
offlinecurrently
yuan
Part of the Furniture
yuan Avatar
existential execution is just a fluke in evolution.
caution to the wind was a resource site so, no, i don't think forum roleplay is dying. that site closing is only because we've moved on from forums to solely communicate. also? that site has been open since 2008, its only natural that a site and concept nearly 15 years old is saying goodbye.
last edit on Nov 26, 2023 17:28:42 GMT by yuan
pronounshe/him
793written posts
illidan mainearned bits
offlinecurrently
illidan main
Part of the Furniture
illidan main Avatar
drew a demon OC for my fandom RP and the responses to him have been almost universally people revealing their monsterfucker cards.

except for one non-monsterfucker that thinks he's scary.

so i think i've made a successful character design.

avatar and hover by phobic art, commissioned for me
sdkvnklweanl;
aliastanzaku, tanz, tan-tan, egao, protag, chapel, tbotc
pronounsshe/her
1,549written posts
very mommyearned bits
offlinecurrently
very mommy
Part of the Furniture
very mommy Avatar
maybe wallace being my fav was foreshadowing
I’m more likely to believe the world is ending over forum rp dying

【 POKEMON EVOLUTION: TERRORS 】
(latest update: 8/28 wall of update)
pronounsAny
578written posts
offlinecurrently
𝐹𝑒𝓇𝒶𝓁
Part of the Furniture
𝐹𝑒𝓇𝒶𝓁 Avatar
tbh between discord rp becoming popular and various other reasons, I think people are waaaay too worried that forum rp is dying.

Reminds me of how people cry that their favorite online video game is dying just because a different game is more popular at the moment.

It’s rarely true.
last edit on Nov 26, 2023 18:47:27 GMT by 𝐹𝑒𝓇𝒶𝓁

phantom of the black parade
pronounsshe / her pronouns
4,365written posts
Kuroyaearned bits
onlinecurrently
Kuroya
Part of the Furniture
Kuroya Avatar
what do you want to know? my height, hobbies, quirks, the color of my underwear?
honestly, i think cttw closing is a gigantic shame, not from a standpoint of it being any indication of forum rp dying but from the standpoint of it being one of the few major resource communities that were not on discord.

it's another gigantic hit for static coding resources, especially in regards to free-to-use pre-made skins (since there's still a good solid handful listed there that are "modern" enough to remain competitive in the current aesthetic arms race), and one that stings more than a little more sharply in the wake of jcc absolutely melting down and taking down another good chunk of coding resources that were primarily found there. it's also going to take out a major advertising space in a landscape that has largely shifted towards advertising primarily via resource sites as opposed to the typical first link / linkback model.

like. maybe it's just me being old but i think that the larger shift of general community watering holes from away from forums and into discords is something we should be talking about way more as a community in terms of how it negatively impacts how the accessibility of both resources (coding, graphics, etc) and the general community (advertising, discussions, etc), especially for newcomers to the community who might not know these resources exist, never mind how to locate + access them (or, in a topical tangent, how easy it becomes to completely lock people out of the community, for better or worse).
last edit on Nov 26, 2023 19:05:17 GMT by Kuroya

pronounshe/him
793written posts
illidan mainearned bits
offlinecurrently
illidan main
Part of the Furniture
illidan main Avatar
Discord is also not a good place for resources. Just Saying. Discord is absolutely garbage for organization and finding things far-back. I feel like now is the time to start archiving codes and resources on CTTW.
last edit on Nov 26, 2023 19:12:04 GMT by illidan main

avatar and hover by phobic art, commissioned for me
local boogeyman
aliasbex, jeepers cats
pronounsshe/her or any pronouns
807written posts
profit of doomearned bits
offlinecurrently
profit of doom
Part of the Furniture
profit of doom Avatar
they pull the axe out your face and say "was it the boogeyman?"
Kuroya Avatar
snip for length

this is how i find out that cttw is closing? i'm so tired. i'm tired of people taking from the community and not contributing in anyway shape or form, but then talking about how toxic or bad it is. i hope something will pop up to take caution's place, but i...sincerely doubt that. no one wants to help anyone anymore, bc they end up as being targets for people's vitriol for some reason.
the chalk prince
aliasyuan
pronounsthey / them
978written posts
yuanearned bits
offlinecurrently
yuan
Part of the Furniture
yuan Avatar
existential execution is just a fluke in evolution.
i don't think discord is a good place for resources, but whether people want to admit it or not, it is a good way to bring a community together. speaking as someone who never checked their on-site pms back before discord, i love using discord to communicate with others. especially as a staff member, there are loads of features and community bots that allow for even easier communication. with discord i can message someone about an app, an issue, or to plot and not have to wait until the next time they get on the site to respond. they can respond easily on their phone (if they have discord installed), and even then, they get the message faster.

discord is not a good place for resources, but it sure is a good place for communities to thrive.
write a reply

QUICK REPLY

WRITE YOUR POST DOWN BELOW