write a reply

Post a Random Thought

236written posts
travellerearned bits
offlinecurrently
traveller
traveller Avatar
ditto become human Avatar
chat… if i (afab) feel like i’d be sexier and more desirable if i were a man and i never liked my boobs and i think d*cks are nice, does that mean anything

Edit: nvm i continued to think and i think i got my answer (it means something) (cool cool) (time to put that at the back of my mind bc i have other priorities rn)
I was going to say, whether it means something or not is something only you can decide. I'm not entirely comfortable in my own body either, but I've decided it's not something I'd want to change.
"Someone's got to die today and you have got the final say. You? Or your crew?"
sdkvnklweanl;
aliastanzaku, tanz, tan-tan, egao, protag, chapel, tbotc
pronounsshe/her
1,533written posts
offlinecurrently
ditto become human
Part of the Furniture
maybe wallace being my fav was foreshadowing
traveller Avatar
chat… if i (afab) feel like i’d be sexier and more desirable if i were a man and i never liked my boobs and i think d*cks are nice, does that mean anything

Edit: nvm i continued to think and i think i got my answer (it means something) (cool cool) (time to put that at the back of my mind bc i have other priorities rn)
I was going to say, whether it means something or not is something only you can decide. I'm not entirely comfortable in my own body either, but I've decided it's not something I'd want to change.

yeah! i guess i just don’t know if it was “normal” that’s why i wondered if it was a thing. Like how i thought my old hs classmates who got pregnant as soon as college hits just hate good decision. I didnt realize people were actually so horny it drives them to do those stuffs. I didnt know people feel tingles when they look at someone they are attracted to physically…. I thought you just turn that on!! And i waited for it… and it never happened and never will ☺️ tho who knows mebbe im demi tho thats still in the ace spectrum
last edit on Aug 29, 2024 10:58:48 GMT by ditto become human

【 POKEMON EVOLUTION: TERRORS 】
(latest update: 8/28 wall of update)
236written posts
travellerearned bits
offlinecurrently
traveller
traveller Avatar
traveller Avatar
yeah! i guess i just don’t know if it was “normal” that’s why i wondered if it was a thing. Like how i thought my old hs classmates who got pregnant as soon as college hits just hate good decision. I didnt realize people were actually so horny it drives them to do those stuffs. I didnt know people feel tingles when they look at someone they are attracted to physically…. I thought you just turn that on!! And i waited for it… and it never happened and never will ☺️ tho who knows mebbe im demi tho thats still in the ace spectrum
Frankly, I've never understood it either. The very idea that you could just...look at someone and decide, "Oh yeah, I desire to enter into sexual relations with this person" just...

So I realised pretty early on I was just asexual. \o/
pronounsThey/them
20written posts
rubixearned bits
offlinecurrently
rubix
rubix Avatar
traveller Avatar
Frankly, I've never understood it either. The very idea that you could just...look at someone and decide, "Oh yeah, I desire to enter into sexual relations with this person" just...

I feel this so hard.
When I was in my teens, I became abruptly aware that everyone else was having these thoughts, and because I didn’t learn about asexuality until I was eighteen, I used to try and force myself to develop crushes by identifying a person who I thought looked nice and forcing myself to think about them a lot. Because clearly that’s how it worked.

Obviously it did not work out and it was a major relief when I learnt there was a whole community that actually just… doesn’t feel these things. 

Do you guys find it hard to rp sexual attraction or do you find it easier when imagining feelings for your characters? 
236written posts
travellerearned bits
offlinecurrently
traveller
traveller Avatar
rubix Avatar
I feel this so hard.
When I was in my teens, I became abruptly aware that everyone else was having these thoughts, and because I didn’t learn about asexuality until I was eighteen, I used to try and force myself to develop crushes by identifying a person who I thought looked nice and forcing myself to think about them a lot. Because clearly that’s how it worked.

Obviously it did not work out and it was a major relief when I learnt there was a whole community that actually just… doesn’t feel these things. 

Do you guys find it hard to rp sexual attraction or do you find it easier when imagining feelings for your characters? 
All my characters are asexual. I will write a monster incarnate just to have a good reason to tell others, "Nope, my character is just not attracted, thank you very much!"

I have tried writing it in the past, because I felt like it was part of roleplaying (lolno), but it's like... Someone will write about how their character is totally into mine and I am sitting here with a book on my lap that describes how to write a character that is attracted to someone, LOL.

"Oh, the book suggests 'heart drumming in chest' signifies attraction." And bam, my character now has their heart drumming in their chest on five separate occasions in the same thread.

EDIT:
Like, guilty confession, I genuinely read certain BL manga for the plot, skimming the sex scenes to see if there's character development in them LOL
last edit on Aug 29, 2024 12:18:46 GMT by traveller
aliasray
pronounshe/him
97written posts
scaramoucheearned bits
offlinecurrently
scaramouche
scaramouche Avatar
one spark baby!
illidan main Avatar
rubix Avatar
I really like that adage. It's not something I've come across before, as I've not done much TTRPG, but it's pretty legit. Definitely better to lose an rp partner or leave a site than keep suffering through a bad one

yeah like and if it seems discouraging, you gotta realize just how many people are out there that are into this hobby. you can always find another community or partner. you might have to try new formats, sure, animanga forum RP is a bit of a fishbowl, but if you step outside our little aquarium, you'll find there's a whole damn ocean out there. you are never stuck with anyone.

yes but the little aquarium is mine so I am just throwing out the yucky fish and trying to move on with the good ones.

Edit: and let’s leave it at that I don’t want to be in trouble for vague posting I didn’t realize that I was. I’m sorry for that.
last edit on Aug 29, 2024 13:10:49 GMT by scaramouche
sdkvnklweanl;
pronounsshe/her
1,533written posts
offlinecurrently
ditto become human
Part of the Furniture
rubix Avatar
traveller Avatar

I feel this so hard.

I thought i didnt find it hard to rp it until a few years ago when a character i was trying to portray to be showing attraction was interpreted as not 💀 i thought i knew, so there was any doubt in me at that point that i wasnt ace

And im part of the spectrum that 1) didnt mind having a partner 2) wasnt sex-aversive and 3) have libido. Ace memes and even some ace folks themselves denied the entire existence of sex in the ace spectrum. Which was why it took a trusted person i met (who was ace) to enlighten me about sexual attraction vs libido, and the lovely aesthetic attraction. It’s funny bc a character i played a long time ago was someone i subconsciously played as ace and a lot of things just started making sense.

I have a whole ace agenda going now. I think knowing what im feeling is ace did help me in figuring out what sexual attraction possibly feels for others. I think of it as a mental block, not much bc im ace and cant feel it. For sure personal experience is s big part but i couldnt, for the life of me, write women (despite being afab) until i read a song of ice and fire and some internalized sexism dam just broke.

A lot of my last characters are ace and those that arent, i just dont assign a sexual preference and let them go discover it on their own.

【 POKEMON EVOLUTION: TERRORS 】
(latest update: 8/28 wall of update)
236written posts
travellerearned bits
offlinecurrently
traveller
traveller Avatar
Ace memes and even some ace folks themselves denied the entire existence of sex in the ace spectrum.

Hear hear. It's a bit annoying when people hear you're ace and assume that means you have zero interest in everything related to it. That may be true for some of us, but there are plenty who have varying degrees of interest.
pronounshe/him
789written posts
illidan mainearned bits
offlinecurrently
illidan main
Part of the Furniture
illidan main Avatar
traveller Avatar
Ace memes and even some ace folks themselves denied the entire existence of sex in the ace spectrum.
Hear hear. It's a bit annoying when people hear you're ace and assume that means you have zero interest in everything related to it. That may be true for some of us, but there are plenty who have varying degrees of interest.
yeah like i consider myself grey-ace because the idea of being touched by a stranger is repulsive to me, to the point where i feel sick thinking about it, but once i love and trust someone, I wouldn't mind it but I also wouldn't need it in a relationship. it took me a long idea to accept that i'm a real ace because i wasn't sex-repulsed all the time.

avatar and hover by phobic art, commissioned for me
aliasxeno
pronounsshe/her
36written posts
xenoearned bits
offlinecurrently
xeno
xeno Avatar
rubix Avatar

i can't rly do it... which sux cuz i would like to play femme fatale type characters... it's just embarrassing and cringe to me. like i always think "if i was reading a book and it was like this i would hate it"
sdkvnklweanl;
pronounsshe/her
1,533written posts
offlinecurrently
ditto become human
Part of the Furniture
🧍

NEVER LET YOU GO NEVER LET YOU GO
*unintellegent rumbling*