pronounsshe/her
566written posts
ninelieearned bits
offlinecurrently
ninelie
Part of the Furniture
ninelie Avatar
VOLITION [Medium: Success]
Something based on the Yatagarasu novel series (also see the currently airing anime: Karasu wa Aruji wo Erabanai/The Raven Does Not Choose Its Master) with its incredibly interesting lore mixed with some gritty Game of Thrones court politics.

A couple of lore beats to whet your appetite on:

• People in this world are called ravens, where they can shapeshift between their human form and a large, three-legged raven form. Their third leg in this form allows them to shift back into their human selves.

• Ravens are separated in a caste system: from court ravens (adjacent to being a noble), to hill ravens (commoners), to "horses" (ravens subjected to remain in their raven form permanently and work as beasts of burden)

• The kingdom's ruler called the kin'u, or the 'golden raven' oversees four provincial lords, from North, South, East, and West, and these four noble houses compete for the throne's favour by sending brides to be wedded into the royal family.

• A lot of political nuances, from jealous princes with plans to usurp the throne, to the complicated dynamics of the caste system and how it affects the lowest members of society (i.e. one of the worst punishments shown so far in the anime is something called disarticulation: cutting off a raven's third leg while shapeshifted so they can never return to being human again, consequently working them as a horse for the rest of their life)

hover + icon by 旳---
phantom of the black parade
pronounsshe / her pronouns
4,354written posts
Kuroyaearned bits
offlinecurrently
Kuroya
Part of the Furniture
Kuroya Avatar
what do you want to know? my height, hobbies, quirks, the color of my underwear?
honestly, i've been really craving something with a low-stakes member-submitted questing system

sometimes i don't want to save the world with a big site plot level mission, i just want to exist in my corner making my 9th installment to my crazy dinosaur island ongoing side questline that has somehow escalated into shooting dinosaurs into space and that everyone icly hates with a burning passion and oocly yells about excitedly in chat every time i drop a new quest even though it literally has no impact outside of the people who keep agreeing never to go back to dinosaur island and then go back anyway

if you got that reference, you have great taste
last edit on Jun 8, 2024 22:09:58 GMT by Kuroya

aliasvani / vanise
pronounsshe / her
4written posts
affogatoearned bits
offlinecurrently
affogato
affogato Avatar
yikes forever
fending off ideas for a VRMMO rp since there's only 18* days until dawntrail. be strong for mother. 💀

if one magically popped up tho, ily forever.

edit: i've been bamboozled (jk i can't count days apparently)
last edit on Jun 10, 2024 21:20:18 GMT by affogato
The Schediest of All
aliasSche
pronounsShe/her
90written posts
Codingwayearned bits
offlinecurrently
Codingway
Codingway Avatar
She'll tell you a fairy tale, or maybe she'll show your fate....
I am taking time making it but friend and I are talking about a faction based sci fi-fantasy mecha faction site inspired after Gundam, Escaflowne and Magic Knight Rayearth👀

256written posts
The Lawearned bits
offlinecurrently
The Law
The Law Avatar
It's probably the part of me who's likes Silent Möbius and Shadowrun speaking right now, but I'm kinda surprised that no one has tried doing a cyberpunk urban fantasy. Figured that a departure from the typical modern setting into a more futuristic one could be a nice change of scenery. (Not to mention, IMO it makes some of the urban fantasy tropes make more sense)
aliasirene
pronounsshe/hers
100written posts
ireneearned bits
offlinecurrently
irene
irene Avatar
you want it darker, we kill the flame
small town americana set in the 80s with a supernatural secret/twist + low magic i.e dreamwalkers/espers only pls. inspirations being stranger things, fear street, nightmare on elm st, etc.
last edit on Jun 29, 2024 16:00:08 GMT by irene