offlinecurrently
Elaysa
Elaysa Avatar
I'm actually a cat person
gimmick Avatar
Elaysa Avatar
A site based on Bungou Stray Dogs?
slams the like button

I think a site with a premise similar to BSD could be really fun and engaging. There used to be a few in the past, but they're lost to time now.

If someone is thinking about/already has a site with a similar premise, PM me, please. I have some unresolved muse for BSD.
pronounsshe/he/they/the bag
75written posts
sableearned bits
offlinecurrently
sable
sable Avatar
I love myself but I hate the way I am
Miss Tidy Avatar
A superpower roleplay based on Worm (just because of the creative spin the setting puts on powers) or something similar. I just want a roleplay where superpowers are used creatively/have systems in place that encourage creative applications of a superpower.

Worm has a great power system! I would love to see a site based even off of that. I remember loving Worm and trying to put people onto it, haha. Imagine collaborative endbringer battles...!
6written posts
Miss Tidyearned bits
offlinecurrently
Miss Tidy
Miss Tidy Avatar
sable Avatar
Worm has a great power system! I would love to see a site based even off of that. I remember loving Worm and trying to put people onto it, haha. Imagine collaborative endbringer battles...!

I know right! Events with S-class threats; Endbringers, the sever's own brand of slaughterhouse/murder hobbos, anything! Plus the staff team could handle powers because Worm is all about making the best of what you got, and creative power usage. People could put in their app any classification, or maybe describing their shard's use in the cycle, and the staff could work with coming up with their power based on that.

Either way, I would love anything remotely similar to worm in nature! It's literally my favorite slice of fiction.
pronounsHe/Him
36written posts
slyearned bits
offlinecurrently
sly
sly Avatar
Miss Tidy Avatar
sable Avatar
I know right! Events with S-class threats; Endbringers, the sever's own brand of slaughterhouse/murder hobbos, anything! Plus the staff team could handle powers because Worm is all about making the best of what you got, and creative power usage. People could put in their app any classification, or maybe describing their shard's use in the cycle, and the staff could work with coming up with their power based on that.

Either way, I would love anything remotely similar to worm in nature! It's literally my favorite slice of fiction.
I love Worm's power system! It is so simple yet complex enough that it would make Worm perfect for a RP.
I enjoy My Hero Academia but I'm tired of it being the only option for a animanga superhero rp.

Is it bad that I want a Worm RP bad enough that I already have character ideas in my head? Because I do.
75written posts
sableearned bits
offlinecurrently
sable
sable Avatar
sly Avatar
Is it bad that I want a Worm RP bad enough that I already have character ideas in my head? Because I do.

Oh, dude, I have... three ideas that I've just been sitting on, plus two more that can slot into the setting.

Damn maybe someone should make a Worm site

+1 to randomization - Even better: players write our their characters' trigger events and staff designs the power based on those conditions! I mean, my ideas are pretty superpower-based but certain types of triggers usually result towards a certain classification anyway, so if you know, you know.
last edit on Aug 13, 2020 14:30:19 GMT by sable
6written posts
Miss Tidyearned bits
offlinecurrently
Miss Tidy
Miss Tidy Avatar
sable Avatar
Oh, dude, I have... three ideas that I've just been sitting on, plus two more that can slot into the setting.

Damn maybe someone should make a Worm site

+1 to randomization - Even better: players write our their characters' trigger events and staff designs the power based on those conditions! I mean, my ideas are pretty superpower-based but certain types of triggers usually result towards a certain classification anyway, so if you know, you know.

Mhmm well they would have to provide the event so the staff could make the powers! But yeah shards are really really stupid even though they are basically inter dimensional super computers structured to a certain purpose. We have people give a short one sentence description or one word description of their shards purpose in the cycle. Shards look at the trigger events in really....odd ways but I digress letโ€™s just use Grueโ€™s shard as an example; his shard is thought to be used to displace matter and energy across dimensions.

We can use that description to think of several cool powers for each classification and more! Mover!Grue throws out his darkness, sinks into it, and appears somewhere else his fog was. Master!Grue could feed off the โ€œemotionalโ€ energy that a person emits and leave them in a state of suicidal apathy, etc.

Also a fun idea too; perhaps have a few on site canon spots? I assume you were gonna do something like this but we can also do on site canon clusters!!
75written posts
sableearned bits
offlinecurrently
sable
sable Avatar
Miss Tidy Avatar
Mhmm well they would have to provide the event so the staff could make the powers! But yeah shards are really really stupid even though they are basically inter dimensional super computers structured to a certain purpose. We have people give a short one sentence description or one word description of their shards purpose in the cycle. Shards look at the trigger events in really....odd ways but I digress letโ€™s just use Grueโ€™s shard as an example; his shard is thought to be used to displace matter and energy across dimensions.

God, cluster capes would be so fun........ ya'll...........................

Honestly, I don't think you would need to address the shards during the sign-up process at all, if only because power classifications are a more intuitive entry point into the Wormverse whereas the shards are like the 200 bonus course. Knowing about the shards and what they entail is the part in the story where you go "Wait, WHAT, this is a cosmic horror I thought it was edgy Avengers??"

For power classifications = trigger events, this is from the Worm Wiki: "As a general rule, Breakers, Movers and Trumps tend to feel distant from the rest of humanity.[14] This manifests in different ways however, with trumps focused on parahuman powers, [whereas] breakers almost literally [separate] themselves from humanity, and movers have trouble feeling rooted and staying in one place." There's crossover, and the separate articles go into more detail for not only each classification but each sub-classification - not all Movers trigger the same, but they have a main thing in common, and it encourages players to write creative history sections and mods to pay attention to them, give them powers that suit them. It's a lot easier than wrangling Lovecraftian monster biology, in my opinion.
211written posts
sielearned bits
offlinecurrently
siel
siel Avatar
i remember after finishing dark souls 3 i was feeling mad withdrawal so i skinned a dark souls forum for no reason lol. honestly... i would kill for the real thing. something set in a kingdom as it falls to hollowing. each kingdom in dark souls has a specific story for why it was destroyed so it would be interesting to play out what led to that.
the waking storm
aliasLuxu, TenebraeQueene
pronounsShe/They
313written posts
Galeforceearned bits
offlinecurrently
Galeforce
Galeforce Avatar
covered in scars but roses are coming through the cracks
dbz rp but with a "trapped in a vrmmorpg" twist. i've been wanting to do this for ages but have been unable due to no clue how to go about it lol.
pronounsShe
626written posts
Gingerearned bits
offlinecurrently
Ginger
Part of the Furniture
Ginger Avatar
I really enjoy how season 3 Lostorage incited WIXOSS places everything on its head from Season 1 & 2....

I don't want a card game roleplay.. but rather a partner [who is formed from your memories] working along side you.. and you name attacks.. and roll a dice to decide damage.. And just.. an Overall Roleplay based on WIXOSS with maybe some magical girl and yugioh spiced in there.
pronounshe/him/his
145written posts
kewkewearned bits
offlinecurrently
kewkew
kewkew Avatar
Ginger Avatar
I really enjoy how season 3 Lostorage incited WIXOSS places everything on its head from Season 1 & 2....

I don't want a card game roleplay.. but rather a partner [who is formed from your memories] working along side you.. and you name attacks.. and roll a dice to decide damage.. And just.. an Overall Roleplay based on WIXOSS with maybe some magical girl and yugioh spiced in there.
How can something be so specific and so on point at the same time?