pronounsShe/Her
17written posts
☆ Junitoonsearned bits
offlinecurrently
☆ Junitoons
☆ Junitoons Avatar
iota Avatar
☆ Junitoons Avatar
Original setting where characters are waking up in a brand new world they know nothing about. Like, remembering nothing about their previous lives and suddenly finding themselves in a magical fantasy world they have to adapt to.
Sounds like Rune Factory. /eyes/ Haven't seen a Rune Factory site in ages.~ Not sure if any of them ever did the proper start-up, though
I don't even know what Rune Factory is, but is sounds amazing! *grabby hands*
pronounshe/him
880written posts
Desmond Milesearned bits
offlinecurrently
Desmond Miles
Part of the Furniture
Desmond Miles Avatar
we will have peace at any cost
☆ Junitoons Avatar

farming sim expert coming through

Rune Factory is a sister series to the Bokujo Monogatari (Harvest Moon and or Story of Seasons in the west) video games. It's basically fantasy anime meets dungeon crawler meets dating sim with some farming sim aspect. You play as a young man (or sometimes a young woman) who has found themselves in this small village with no memory of who they were before. Someone usually takes you in, and then provides you with a farmstead to live and work on.

There's always some magical "end of the world" type hooha going on in the lands surrounding the village, so it becomes up to you to go dungeon crawling, fight and tame monsters, and bring peace to the land. But in the meantime, you can grow some sweet veggies, befriend the extremely quirky and troperific townsfolk, and maybe find love along the way.

It's uh, GREAT, lmao. RF 1, 2, and 3 are available on the nintendo ds. RF 4 was originally on the 3DS, with a re-release for the switch that came out this year. RF 5 will be coming out on the switch next year as well. And there are two console games, Frontier for the wii, and Tides of Destiny for the wii and ps3.

Great series, would very much recommend looking it up. Unfortunately, RP wise, they tend be extremely short lived, because there's nothing about them that makes them stand out from other fantasy roleplays (at least in my opinion and experience), and the series as a whole is pretty niche (more so than Harvest Moon already was).

That said, I myself have also been itching for a true RF rp, just if not for that pre-set lore and world building aspect, for those really campy, anime shenanigans, and for something that doesn't take place in the modern day (much like HM, RF takes place in a fantasy world with some modern day elements but is generally set somewhere in the past). Just ya know, something to hold me over until RF5 comes out lmao.
last edit on Nov 21, 2020 19:13:24 GMT by Desmond Miles

Now serving!
aliasphimbolina
pronounsfeminine
551written posts
PHIMBOearned bits
offlinecurrently
PHIMBO
Part of the Furniture
PHIMBO Avatar
So, too, is Death possessed of infinite strategies and a gaunt nature.
feeling rly shounen-y these days

give me jujutsu kaisen or chainsaw man

heck give me my one tru bae yu yu hakusho

or the golden goose of them all, hunter x hunter pls pls pls pls
pronounsShe/Her
17written posts
☆ Junitoonsearned bits
offlinecurrently
☆ Junitoons
☆ Junitoons Avatar
Desmond Miles Avatar
☆ Junitoons Avatar
farming sim expert coming through

Rune Factory is a sister series to the Bokujo Monogatari (Harvest Moon and or Story of Seasons in the west) video games. It's basically fantasy anime meets dungeon crawler meets dating sim with some farming sim aspect. You play as a young man (or sometimes a young woman) who has found themselves in this small village with no memory of who they were before. Someone usually takes you in, and then provides you with a farmstead to live and work on.

There's always some magical "end of the world" type hooha going on in the lands surrounding the village, so it becomes up to you to go dungeon crawling, fight and tame monsters, and bring peace to the land. But in the meantime, you can grow some sweet veggies, befriend the extremely quirky and troperific townsfolk, and maybe find love along the way.

It's uh, GREAT, lmao. RF 1, 2, and 3 are available on the nintendo ds. RF 4 was originally on the 3DS, with a re-release for the switch that came out this year. RF 5 will be coming out on the switch next year as well. And there are two console games, Frontier for the wii, and Tides of Destiny for the wii and ps3.

Great series, would very much recommend looking it up. Unfortunately, RP wise, they tend be extremely short lived, because there's nothing about them that makes them stand out from other fantasy roleplays (at least in my opinion and experience), and the series as a whole is pretty niche (more so than Harvest Moon already was).

That said, I myself have also been itching for a true RF rp, just if not for that pre-set lore and world building aspect, for those really campy, anime shenanigans, and for something that doesn't take place in the modern day (much like HM, RF takes place in a fantasy world with some modern day elements but is generally set somewhere in the past). Just ya know, something to hold me over until RF5 comes out lmao.
Not EXACTLY what I had in mind, but that does sound really cool! While I haven't played Harvest Moon all that much, I have sacrificed my soul for Stardew Valley, so I KIND of get the gist of what RF is about, or at least I'm able to imagine what it's about XD

But I really like the idea of the freedom of like... Hey, you wanna tame animals/monsters? Go for it! You wanna be a farmer? Go for it, grow them corns! Want to fall in love or sleep/flirt with every available person? Knock yourself out!

As for making the site stand out, one could always implement some of the parts of the game, but then make the rest of it completely original to make it a little more interesting and fun overall, and less "lore heavy" :thinking face: so it certainly has a lot of potential in the right hands!
1written post
esunaearned bits
offlinecurrently
esuna
esuna Avatar
☆ Junitoons Avatar
Original setting where characters are waking up in a brand new world they know nothing about. Like, remembering nothing about their previous lives and suddenly finding themselves in a magical fantasy world they have to adapt to.

sounds like grimgar of fantasy and ash, it's a beautiful series. it has an anime too that's worth checking out!

people are transported to a fantasy world, losing their memories and having to form parties/pick classes, so they can earn a living defeating monsters.
pronounsShe/Her
17written posts
☆ Junitoonsearned bits
offlinecurrently
☆ Junitoons
☆ Junitoons Avatar
esuna Avatar
☆ Junitoons Avatar
sounds like grimgar of fantasy and ash, it's a beautiful series. it has an anime too that's worth checking out!

people are transported to a fantasy world, losing their memories and having to form parties/pick classes, so they can earn a living defeating monsters.
Yeah, this is a little more along the lines of what I was thinking! I'll def check out the series! Sounds like something I'd enjoy :joy:
take it easy.
aliascae
pronounsshe/her
534written posts
caeearned bits
offlinecurrently
cae
Part of the Furniture
cae Avatar
let's live our lives heroically / let's live our lives with style
— mafia rp. still want this. preferably no fantasy elements, just grit and guns in a seedy city.

— greek god rp...where the gods are canon roles. mostly because ive reread olimpos recently (just google olimpos mangadex, yw) & wanna rp being screwed over by divine forces.
6written posts
Miss Tidyearned bits
offlinecurrently
Miss Tidy
Miss Tidy Avatar
1) Disgaea-based rp. I think going discord if you wanna try to go for a 'grindy' system or forums if you want something loose but fun. I think the series is pretty quirky and cute.

2) Hades rp. This is what I NEED!! For all those uninformed in Hades you play as Zagreus, Hade's son, who continually escapes and tries to go to the surface. I was thinking that players can play as Shades (aka ghosts, spirits, etc) who were inspired by Zagreus repeated attempts at escaping and try their hand at it as well (they usually end up getting the floor mopped w/ them). But I was thinking that as they progress through different zones/levels they would be gifted perks/boons from the gods above or even find cool weapons from mythology!
aliasmiddy, midnight
pronounsShe/Her
663written posts
NIGHTBLOOMearned bits
offlinecurrently
NIGHTBLOOM
Part of the Furniture
NIGHTBLOOM Avatar
so it goes.
Something based off celtic mythology... I just saw a list of the different types of trees and animals that go with them and idk I feel it'd be a pretty setting ;-; like Birch/Deer and Alder/Fox...

coming soon.
pronounsshe/he/they/the bag
75written posts
sableearned bits
offlinecurrently
sable
sable Avatar
I love myself but I hate the way I am
Madoka Magica spoiler site where familiars are free to RP but witches proper are site events. Thinking low stats aside from a soul gem clarity system, plus a couple factions to propel infighting.

The plot would be kicked off by a huge explosion of witches and a second wave of contracted magical girls getting pulled into the politics behind it.
pronounshe/him
7written posts
estiloearned bits
offlinecurrently
estilo
estilo Avatar
i miss the bars in harajuku
sable Avatar
Madoka Magica spoiler site where familiars are free to RP but witches proper are site events. Thinking low stats aside from a soul gem clarity system, plus a couple factions to propel infighting.

The plot would be kicked off by a huge explosion of witches and a second wave of contracted magical girls getting pulled into the politics behind it.

i've lowkey waited years to stumble across something like this. i just think the eclectic art style of the witches, in particular, would give way to so many unique interpretations and original creations. throw in a little time-travel for magical girls from the past and I'm sold.
take it easy.
aliascae
pronounsshe/her
534written posts
caeearned bits
offlinecurrently
cae
Part of the Furniture
cae Avatar
let's live our lives heroically / let's live our lives with style
cyberpunk...no magic.

and if there must be magic, make it be lovecraftian and its systems hard/unstable (if that makes sense? let there be real, actual consequences for attempting to harness the unknown).

just give me something like va-11 hall-a
last edit on Nov 29, 2020 23:10:37 GMT by cae