write a reply

Coding Confessions

pronounsfeminine
383written posts
idindinearned bits
offlinecurrently
idindin
idindin Avatar
the good news is i made a multiplotter kind of thing that i might actually use : D

the bad news is it's code gore. labels within labels.

every time i edit it. 

it breaks. 

and then i have to restudy my code. 

and this is why i never dare to put any of my stuff for use sidhfisdf im ashamed
last edit on Sept 9, 2021 21:02:06 GMT by idindin
pronounsShe/Her
59written posts
yorozuyaearned bits
offlinecurrently
yorozuya
yorozuya Avatar
Idk why, but i absolutely despise the ranking system in a particular coding community by now. Like wtf, ur telling me creativity has a goddamn chaste?
last edit on Nov 11, 2021 6:17:02 GMT by yorozuya
ewww you've been rping for years? get a life bestie lmao
pronounshe/him
734written posts
illidan mainearned bits
offlinecurrently
illidan main
Part of the Furniture
illidan main Avatar
me, taking four weeks of a web design class: "i used to be an ignorant bitch but watch this [hits a button and makes the skin change from light to dark without needing to log into jcink]"
last edit on Nov 12, 2021 19:11:46 GMT by illidan main

avatar and hover by phobic art, commissioned for me
pronounshe/him
734written posts
illidan mainearned bits
offlinecurrently
illidan main
Part of the Furniture
illidan main Avatar
double posting because w/e

another staff member was like "i don't want you to have to code a new skin palette for me" but i'm sitting here twiddling my thumbs going "i'm coding the entire thing in variables anyway in order to change the skin color i just need to change the variables"

anyway because of this and javascript i can make the entire skin purple if i wanted to.

avatar and hover by phobic art, commissioned for me
pronounsD A R K
259written posts
offlinecurrently
Death is just a new beginning.
Confession: It takes me exactly 10000000000000000 years to complete a template. But I will never give up, never surrender!!!
frog on the floor
aliasfreiheit, microwaved burrito
pronounsany
1,515written posts
pharaoh leapearned bits
offlinecurrently
pharaoh leap
Administrator
pharaoh leap Avatar
i've been having some pretty dark thoughts.
I know that if you have more than one tabbed template on a page, it lags (especially the more you have - *looks pointedly at that light and dark version of a multiplotter I have that's more or less just six tiny tabbed templates in one*), but I have no idea if having one template with a bajillion tabs also causes the page to lag or not. *strokes chin*
370written posts
elliearned bits
offlinecurrently
elli
elli Avatar
y'all ever just look at your own CSS, which is perfectly reasonable by most peoples' standards, and feel like you're a stupid dum-dum because you made like two (2) inefficient decisions?
last edit on Dec 5, 2021 19:58:28 GMT by elli
After over 17 years, I've decided to move on from ProBoards. If you need to contact me, find me on my website.
Feline Overlord
aliasChibi
pronounsShe/Her
1,802written posts
Chibi Magicianearned bits
offlinecurrently
Chibi Magician
Spring '21 Dev Completionist
Chibi Magician Avatar
Pure Gremlin Energy
Does everyone have that one component that just doesnโ€™t work properly, so you leave it cause itโ€™s works, but is just not designed the way you favour? Cause I do and every time I see it I go โ€œIf onlyโ€.
last edit on Dec 12, 2021 4:39:49 GMT by Chibi Magician
932written posts
gimmickearned bits
offlinecurrently
gimmick
Part of the Furniture
gimmick Avatar
All birds and men are sure to die but songs may live forever
Images are nice and all but having to prepare filler images is such a pain in the ass. The real reason I use cover sizing in every conceivable image slot.
last edit on Dec 18, 2021 20:29:13 GMT by gimmick
write a reply

QUICK REPLY

WRITE YOUR POST DOWN BELOW