aliastanzaku, tanz, tan-tan, egao, protag, chapel, tbotc
pronounsshe/her
1,329written posts
offlinecurrently
add the regression tag
Part of the Furniture
add the regression tag Avatar
emotional over wallace event/alt
Any weird google searches you had to do for rping?

I honestly can't remember most of them. There have efinitely been a lot of weird ones... I guess I've had to look up some fashion for guys, including swimsuits... Yeah. Had to dig into the right direction for that.

I also looked up the largest fossilized poops that exist but IDK if that was related to rping or if it was just another Tuesday for me

Not weird, but it was a bit embarrassing at how I had to look up "how to talk on phone" because I made an impromptu phone thread that turned to a call and my character is a social mfker. i realized it was way out of my league and I've never faked it till I made it so hard until that thread
last edit on Nov 23, 2023 1:40:05 GMT by add the regression tag
Tidal Wave
aliasAkira, Tsunami, Tsu, Blue, Aki, Kazzie
pronounsAny
4,139written posts
AkiraTsunamiearned bits
offlinecurrently
AkiraTsunami
Part of the Furniture
AkiraTsunami Avatar
I've got a hurricane in my head, I can't feel a thing, but it's better than dead
oh. I had to look up the other day how long on average it takes to cannibalize a whole human corpse. that was a time.

aliasFrosty
pronouns*shrugs*
164written posts
offlinecurrently
On my Devil May Cry shtick again
Any weird google searches you had to do for rping?

I honestly can't remember most of them. There have efinitely been a lot of weird ones... I guess I've had to look up some fashion for guys, including swimsuits... Yeah. Had to dig into the right direction for that.

I also looked up the largest fossilized poops that exist but IDK if that was related to rping or if it was just another Tuesday for me

Not weird, but it was a bit embarrassing at how I had to look up "how to talk on phone" because I made an impromptu phone thread that turned to a call and my character is a social mfker. i realized it was way out of my league and I've never faked it till I made it so hard until that thread

Currently I'm doing a plot that involves a lot more martial arts mysticism and philosophy so my search history has been pretty tame so far, just mostly topping up on information about Chi/Qi philosophies, wuxia stuff, legends and tales, etc. Been kind of nice actually lmao
internally screaming
pronounsshe/her
1,792written posts
Nekoearned bits
offlinecurrently
Neko
Administrator
Neko Avatar
stressed, depressed, and probably not well-dressed
When I was 14, looking up how to make certain poisons I could actually make using my backyard flowers cause I had a assassin
now: how on earth is this spelled and the migratory pattern of this single species of fish in one state.

pronounsshe/her
194written posts
scarletearned bits
offlinecurrently
scarlet
scarlet Avatar
Usually, descriptive writing is what spurs me to look into things. Describing everything from clothing, to architecture, to flowers, to instruments, and to weapons involves learning a new lexicon of words to be precise. One example: I had a lot of fun designing a new location around mangroves, and I had to look up all the unique fauna and flora they include!
aliashannyfish
pronounsshe/they
140written posts
hannyearned bits
offlinecurrently
hanny
hanny Avatar
on the rain-soaked veranda, a small rainbow at your feet.
it's not the /weirdest/ thing i looked up but i did end up doing some deep diving into the cassiopeia constellation for team star which meant i was spitting out star facts for two hours??

ashes to ashes, dust to dust
kmsdvlajvkefk
aliastanzaku, tanz, tan-tan, egao, protag, chapel, tbotc
pronounsshe/her
1,329written posts
offlinecurrently
add the regression tag
Part of the Furniture
emotional over wallace event/alt
traveller Avatar
"How to describe the smell of rotting meat"

โ€˜s post made me think this was about a corpse and i was halfway into saying we arent ten posts in and theres already two searches about corpses

Tho this reminds me of that time i was trying to describe what getting hit on the head feels like and so i started lightly hitting myself that i eventually started taking chip damage trying to commit the feeling to my memory

(I once accidentally hit the back of my head with a metal baton while practicing arnis so i do, in fact, already know how it feels like. It does feel like seeing looney toons starsโ€ฆ but that was an extreme case! I needed to know of a minor version of it)
last edit on Nov 23, 2023 15:02:55 GMT by add the regression tag
local boogeyman
aliasbex, jeepers cats
pronounsshe/any
729written posts
sister ghoulearned bits
offlinecurrently
sister ghoul
Part of the Furniture
sister ghoul Avatar
they pull the axe out your face and say "was it the boogeyman?"
AkiraTsunami Avatar
oh. I had to look up the other day how long on average it takes to cannibalize a whole human corpse. that was a time.
lmao this was for my character, i feel so special 

115written posts
travellerearned bits
offlinecurrently
traveller
traveller Avatar
traveller Avatar
"How to describe the smell of rotting meat"
โ€˜s post made me think this was about a corpse and i was halfway into saying we arent ten posts in and theres already two searches about corpses
Oh no, I just posted in another thread where I included a small description of a kitchen with rotten meat in it. I wasn't sure how to describe the smell.

In fact, most of my RP-related searches are about smells, since I like including smell in my posts. :c
"Since you claim you're so much wiser, why's your life spent all alone?"
Tidal Wave
pronounsAny
4,139written posts
AkiraTsunamiearned bits
offlinecurrently
AkiraTsunami
Part of the Furniture
AkiraTsunami Avatar
I've got a hurricane in my head, I can't feel a thing, but it's better than dead
traveller Avatar
Oh no, I just posted in another thread where I included a small description of a kitchen with rotten meat in it. I wasn't sure how to describe the smell.

In fact, most of my RP-related searches are about smells, since I like including smell in my posts. :c

okay but smells are so valid. I've gotten into the habit that if I really dont know what something smells like, I look and see if there's like... A candle or oil that smells like it. I've mostly only had to do this with yuzu before, but it's just a really strong citrus smell.

aliasAsk me~
pronounsHe or They
173written posts
Wraithearned bits
offlinecurrently
Wraith
Wraith Avatar
There's hope beyond this lone abyss.
I guess I have been doing a lot of blood-related searches lately but honestly when it comes down to RP and writing in general, is that actually that weird? I'm sure most writers have looked up something related to blood at one point in their life.

I feel like the fact that I forgot what tables look like so I had to drag myself to a search engine and enter "tables" is somewhat weirder...
Catscape Meow!
the narrative
aliasCel, Nightlock
pronounsShe/They
706written posts
CELearned bits
offlinecurrently
CEL
Part of the Furniture
CEL Avatar
mankind, be vigilant; we loved you.
while not the worst thing ive looked up, i distinctly remember at one point looking up (and proceeding to deepdive) on quantum mechanics and various theories of quantum physics. all to check if a metaphor i was writing made sense.

rlly gave me the vibe of:

last edit on Nov 24, 2023 3:18:29 GMT by CEL

coming soon.
Tidal Wave
pronounsAny
4,139written posts
AkiraTsunamiearned bits
offlinecurrently
AkiraTsunami
Part of the Furniture
AkiraTsunami Avatar
i spend an absolutely ridiculous time looking up events and festivals and locations and all sorts of things to make incredibly realistically accurate things... and then look up things like "how long would it take for a zombie cat to get drunk?"

aliasSola
pronounsthey/he
207written posts
Solaearned bits
onlinecurrently
Sola
Sola Avatar
Tell me which you dread more ; the echo or the answer?
I Spend way too much time researching plant terms and other things about Plants or animals that Tighnari would know. It's so much fun playing characters way smarter than you because you tend to learn something in the process.

The weirdest was looking up carnivorous plants. 
last edit on Nov 25, 2023 17:51:58 GMT by Sola