2024 Roleplay Goals

aliasAsu
pronounsshe/her/hers
391written posts
Asuearned bits
offlinecurrently
Asu
Asu Avatar
With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world.
Y'know what, let's rip off the band-aid and set some 2024 RP goals before the new year starts. A word of advice someone had given to me about wanting to get started on new year's resolutions was to just start as soon as possible, set the tone as the old year ends to set yourself up for success in the new year.

So! What're your goals for 2024?

- Make more friends, talk to more peopleโ€” I'm finding myself a little more shaky lately about being able to follow through with new plots. Write the starters I say I'll write and take more accountability for branching out.
- Did I ever learn how to code? Nope! Is 2024 the year I will? With enough shame and some sort of guidance on how to start, maybe. Not my biggest priority since the trend lately has been RP sites only allowing you to use on-site templates, but it'd be nice to help contribute.
- Get a character through an arc that makes them almost unrecognizable from how I apped them. I better stay somewhere long enough to get that kind of character development
- Beat my personal record of 401 posts on a characterโ€” let's aim for 500 posts on one single character. Or RPing until their arc feels finished and that anything else I write will end up slice of life because I'd gotten them through an arc.
- Is this the year I write getting married and having an endgame? Maybe it's wishful thinking and where I am in life compared to before, but I'd like to explore healthy and unhealthy relationships
- Dev threads and drabbles.
- Let's put a quantifiable goal of 100 completed threads this coming year! Jokes on me, do I complete threadsโ€” but seriously, it would be nice to have that going across how many sites I end up on!

Anyways, let's keep each other accountable! Please shame me if I haven't made any progress on this by Marchโ€” I'll let you know how many threads I've completed by then heheh
aliashannyfish
pronounsshe/they
140written posts
hannyearned bits
offlinecurrently
hanny
hanny Avatar
on the rain-soaked veranda, a small rainbow at your feet.
since i didn't make it to 1000 posts this year, my goal of my main oc on ata getting to 1000 posts is a must. maybe by summer.

i also just want to stop worrying about word count so much and focus on the vibes. giving people enough to work off but not worrying about fluffing out the posts unless it feels natural.

more!! dev threads!! that aren't just. posting random shitposts in my dev threads

actually keeping up with my dev - relationship trackers, timelines etc. setting time aside each week to stay on top of it so it doesn't get overwhelming.

generally improve my balance of posting across all my chars and my sites. my muse bias can be terrible but i need to hold myself accountable on the chars that arent getting as much screentime

ashes to ashes, dust to dust
kmsdvlajvkefk
aliastanzaku, tanz, tan-tan, egao, protag, chapel, tbotc
pronounsshe/her
1,333written posts
offlinecurrently
emotional over wallace event/alt
Be a highly active, contributing member for 3 months minimum with exciting character development and plots without getting banned
aliasphimbolina
pronounsfeminine
551written posts
PHIMBOearned bits
offlinecurrently
PHIMBO
Part of the Furniture
PHIMBO Avatar
So, too, is Death possessed of infinite strategies and a gaunt nature.
i barely remember what i said last week let alone last year but lets try this again

- gonna be selfish with #1 but i'd like to start either married or engaged for once. the couple in question don't even need to get along. basically sites don't last long enough for slow burns and i'd rather write the marriageable problems than the 30 year old bronte spinster.

- return to my camp roots aka gags and reels, the unique quirks that define characters like claudia from interview w the vampire, the daisy buchanans or the harley quinns of the world. + commit to their convictions also, whether they be diabolical or downright pathetic.

- recognize my limits and set a soft cap on threads.

- reply faster lol
pronounshe/him
882written posts
Desmond Milesearned bits
offlinecurrently
Desmond Miles
Part of the Furniture
Desmond Miles Avatar
we will have peace at any cost
first lets look at my 2023 goals-

i never set 2022 goals so let's make it big for 2023!!
  • write an MxM ship.
  • get to the part where a ship (any of them) get to the smoochin ;)
  • make a ship-in-progress an official ship (in game)
  • write a character totally break down
  • unironically use FCs that i think would be hilarious to use tbh
  • learn to code something new??
  • maybe lowkey (re)launch a site and actually push it forward the way i want it to? my last hoorah in the public rp eye??

will i achieve success??? only one way to find out!!!

didn't get my MxM ship :(
got a ship smoochin AND official at the same time, nice
still working on that breakdown
using FCs ive been wanting to actually use hell yeah
can't recall if i coded anything at all, probably not. whatever!
relaunched my site \o/ the one that really matters!

okay so that means my goals for 2024 are:

• Get that MxM ship, lets the boys kiss!!!
  • Get a character to go insanso sicko mode
  • Keep my site open past one year (in game)

Now serving!
local boogeyman
aliasbex, jeepers cats
pronounsshe/any
730written posts
sister ghoulearned bits
offlinecurrently
sister ghoul
Part of the Furniture
sister ghoul Avatar
they pull the axe out your face and say "was it the boogeyman?"
- open my 3 projects Iโ€™ve been working on all fucking year is my biggest priority. Coding is easy enough for me but finishing said coding project? Zoo wee mama 

- finish more threads than I start (do we see a pattern emerging here)

- make some new characters. Iโ€™ve had some of the same characters that I just drag around like an abused and well loved stuffed animal since 2010 and while I still enjoy writing them, I do think it would be best to explore other ideas too. 

- post more consistently 

- work more on my premade portfolio

- finish cleaning up and sorting through my icons. I still have like 10k at least worth of anime images on my Dropbox that I havenโ€™t identified ๐Ÿฅฒ

- finish a plot page. Like. Literally ever. 

- do a plot that Iโ€™ve either never done before, or at least as in a position Iโ€™ve never been before. Like I usually play the bad guy in any given situation, so it might be time for me to try playing someone whoโ€ฆis not just a legally distinct fallout new vegas villain for once? ๐Ÿค”

0written posts
Deletedearned bits
offlinecurrently
Deleted
Deleted Avatar

REHASHED 2023 GOALS I WANT TO TRY AGAIN:
* write one (1) cinnamon roll/expand character pool. i'm so bad at writing sweet characters but i do want to push myself to write someone out of my usual pool of indifferent/general asshats. plus i feel i don't give my partners enough choice/their restricted in writing with me.

* reach out/socialize in group. speaking with people is my biggest hinderance in roleplaying cause most of the time i just wanna lurk in the corner. so this probably be the hardest thing to overcome, but imma try to be presence in discussions and poking people who i'll like to do things/more things with.
ADDED NEW GOALS:
* finish making & run a roleplay site. i was close to doing this year but i've been falling short of doing this because i'm a scatterbrain. but i'm going to finally put my foot down and make the hecking panfan/sandbox site i've been wanting so i can write all the things.

* ship with someone. as of late romance is the flavor of the moment so maybe i can write a ship. bonus if it poly.

* write an original character. there are cool original sites and some coming in the future, but i always hesitate to join them. mostly cause i lean towards canons than making my own. also because i get nervous whether i'm creating an oc right or not, i know there's no right way though i guess i just don't want them to be boring. so here's to trying ignore my anxiety about it. 
aliaspor, sef, jdawg
pronounsshe | her
526written posts
porsefearned bits
offlinecurrently
porsef
Part of the Furniture
porsef Avatar
chichi wo moge
find the time to rp / write in general. it's been difficult with my life being as busy as it is. once i do that...

1. reopen the medieval asia site i had with a friend but with a fresh coat of paint. or the other horror punk-esque concept i've been brewing. either way... fun times.

2. if i can find a site that is accepting of dark, taboo, and explicit content (all within reason & with warnings) โ€” i'd be a lot happier in this hobby. i like writing terrible people who do terrible things and writing with others' characters who are the same way. last few times i've dipped my feet in this pool, not so good.

3. try to find and/or curate my own writing style. after reading a few books back to back, i realized how unique each writer... writes! so, i want to see if i can figure out the same for myself.

4. learn how to roleplay with others again. i forgot. been out the game too long. how to plot fr?
aliasJen, DeJener8
pronounsShe/her
256written posts
Jenesisearned bits
offlinecurrently
Jenesis
Jenesis Avatar
- work on my imposter syndrome that tells me lots of people are only agreeing to thread with me because I bugged them about it, and not because they like me/my oc
- get more writing out of dms and actually into the forums
- thread a complete plot arc. bonus points if it advances my thread partners' arcs too
- write more, but know my limits and don't take on too much writing to the point of burnout
- ship? LMAO
aliasmori, manon, saki
pronounsshe / her
633written posts
offlinecurrently
๐š–๐š˜๐š›๐š’ Avatar
i know you see yourself as a fighter. well, i see myself as one, too.

well, my original goals were as such:

- continue on my road to successful slow burns (cue more misunderstandings and painful pining, thx)
- use all the beautiful fcs, no one can stop me, not even myself
- don't think too much. we're here for a good time
- keep writing wonderful, messy, ridiculous things with the homies bc it sparks joy and that is actually Enoughโ„ข believe it or not
- just vibe. whatever will be, will be :)

and i think i achieved that for the most part.
would definitely like to work more on the slow burn goodness, but outside of that, i think i'd like to work toward:

- get situated in a chill community where i can just write, no drama or mess (that doesn't have to do with our characters)

- keep improving on myself, writing-wise. there's always a lot to learn from other people (but at the same time understand that my own stuff isn't wrong or bad. just different)

- keep being open + honest about my wants and needs. we're here to work together in this hobby, not just give one-sidedly to satisfy anyone else

- once again: just vibe. there's nothing wrong with that, is there?

last edit on Dec 7, 2023 4:16:21 GMT by ๐š–๐š˜๐š›๐š’
pronounsshe/hers
71written posts
ireneearned bits
offlinecurrently
irene
irene Avatar
i've never done this before...

1. be married/engaged on day one. tired of this bronte sister spinster life wtf. pushing myself to stop being so shy and barge into ppls DMs with the marriage proposals all typed up, the ceremonial boars all perfectly roasted. i'll even create a "our perfect, dreamy destination wedding" pinterest folder for us like i do for rlrp too

2. i'm obsessed with the idea of writing a dangerous liaisons plot since watching the (1988 vers) movie last week. for anyone who doesn't know it's abt a pair of amoral lovers-turned-rivals who amuse themselves by ruining the love lives of others before ultimately destroying each other. basically my goal here is to write a character that gets utterly destroyed by someone else... pettily/romantically(?) and mine destroys them in return. entering my dangerous liaison era.

3. i'm echoing phim with the need to return to my camp roots. yes, angst and drama are always in but i love it more when my character is comedic or vain at the most inopportune time more than anything else: a character that embodies the most campiest manhwa tropes that i love so much. the animanga rpc needs more daisy buchanans and lestat de lioncourts running around causing cringe. more whimsy pls

4. thread with i heard from a certain birdie that we'd make great threads but this requires her to rp!!!!

5. continue to subvert expectations icly and oocly

6. esoteric victoriana / gaslamp fantasy rp of my dreams

7. RF a thread. write more than one post in the same thread; somehow i'm only capable of RFing 2-3 posts in the same thread before wiped out, but what i am aiming for is RFing 5+ posts in the span of a few hours.

last edit on Dec 7, 2023 2:44:08 GMT by irene
no angel
aliasโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆ
pronounszimzala/bim
173written posts
ace.earned bits
offlinecurrently
ace.
ace. Avatar
I took a little piece of your heart, don't hate me.

i kind of flopped on meeting them tbh... O_o barring the end bits about being ~*stress free*~ (& that's mostly because i barely wrote anywhere consistently).

therefore in 2024 i just wanna rp more + find a home site that's cozy & engaging.

last edit on Dec 7, 2023 3:10:51 GMT by ace.