Faceclaim Confessions

aliasFrosty
pronouns*shrugs*
164written posts
offlinecurrently
On my Devil May Cry shtick again
Jenesis Avatar
scarlet Avatar
I really prefer female FCs that look like, well, adults. I don't know how else to put this, but sometimes in animanga, the female FCs look so, so young.
Right?

You have no shortage of masc faces of all ages and body types but sometimes is2g it's nigh impossible to find a fem fc who looks unambiguously over the age of 30, regardless of the character's actual age

if you rule out exaggerated body proportions the pool shrinks even more

I hate that every artist out there draws their females with chests that double as life preservers. And trying to find characters that don't have massive sea raft sized assets immediately defaults results to soft-core loli crap.
kmsdvlajvkefk
aliastanzaku, tanz, tan-tan, egao, protag, chapel, tbotc
pronounsshe/her
1,333written posts
offlinecurrently
emotional over wallace event/alt
scarlet Avatar
I really prefer female FCs that look like, well, adults. I don't know how else to put this, but sometimes in animanga, the female FCs look so, so young.

for me itโ€™s a lot on their built. Weโ€™re short and young looking compared to westerners. So when i fc a young looking female fc as an older woman, i am thinking โ€œshort queen that often gets mistaken as a kid but actually has a full time job and plays video games in her free timeโ€. Typically itโ€™s their arms and shoulders - when they look so scrawny, just makes me think theyโ€™re still in awkward puberty.

Hilda from FE for me is a good example of this. Even pre timeskip works. Though ofc some artist prefers to portray her like a babyโ€ฆ
aliasdisco, volero, rocco
pronounshe/him
8written posts
discoearned bits
offlinecurrently
disco
disco Avatar
sobe desce vai pirar
I'm going to say it. I know I'm an absolute hater, but can we please chill on the Genshin / Honkai faces? They're nice sure, but I'm so tired of seeing someone like Zhongli or Blade everywhere I look. It's giving, "Mom says it's my turn to play the XBOX." It's just like when everyone, and I mean everyone, was using that one guy from Touken Ranbu. You know the guy.

Edit: I feel like I wouldn't be so jaded by these claims but I think a lot of it has to do with the fact I've witnessed people fighting over them and surmised it sure as shit wasn't worth fighting over a face with someone who is supposed to be my fellow member.

On a completely unrelated note: I miss the days when forums didn't have a face claim directory. Everyone went wild and used whomever they pleased. Bring back that 2000s era nostalgia.
last edit on Jan 9, 2024 13:36:02 GMT by disco
kmsdvlajvkefk
pronounsshe/her
1,333written posts
offlinecurrently
disco Avatar
Edit: I feel like I wouldn't be so jaded by these claims but I think a lot of it has to do with the fact I've witnessed people fighting over them and surmised it sure as shit wasn't worth fighting over a face with someone who is supposed to be my fellow member.

Ppl fighting over a jpeg. Classic
139written posts
Stallasearned bits
offlinecurrently
Stallas
Stallas Avatar
ACT IV: HOOLIGAN TALES
Mature-looking women is for sure one of the hardest categories to FC. They exist in a lot of media, but are not popular among artists I suppose.

I've had better luck with Korean or Chinese illustrations for this.

Speaking of Mihoyo gachas, they have a lot of older-looking characters as well and are practically drowning in art - so I see why they're so widely used. I am getting fatigued with their designs though, like the girls often have the same Chinese-feudal-flowy-rimmed-with-metal-dress with tights or thigh-highs.

You don't have to play Genshin or Honkai to see one of their characters and be like 'yep'. It's like recognizing Sakimichan's art randomly while you browse.
internally screaming
pronounsshe/her
1,793written posts
Nekoearned bits
offlinecurrently
Neko
Administrator
Neko Avatar
stressed, depressed, and probably not well-dressed
awkward slide incoming.

I like Hoyo's face claims and use a few myself. I mean I also use YGO fc's more as well as claims that don't seem as popular? I use a lot of old ones (In fact I'm pretty sure I've only seen a Mobile Fighter G face claim once that wasn't me) - but I do find that I don't really care about what my fc looks like most of the time since I deviate from that when I write descriptions. I do find it a bit weird to fight over certain fc's but I have seen some really nasty comments since I use Zhongli/Kaeya a lot and I'm not sure what I or my fc did, lol. (like I just like how they look, they're pretty to me. I get they might not be to you, and I can show you how to block my images if you like!)

I find that when I do use more obscure fc's or like my staples of old people (Like Genkai of YYH old) - they barely get any writing time even though I shove them everywhere. I think that assigning real life human age-traits to a artistic style that's supposed to be false and exaggerated is a bad time. You're never going to find anything that fits really. Like I'm in my 30's and I don't have any of the markers of being my age apparently. (My Physical therapist thought I was 23 apparently) But I supposed my preference is just having an image of decent quality and then never paying attention to it again.

last edit on Jan 9, 2024 20:49:36 GMT by Neko
kmsdvlajvkefk
pronounsshe/her
1,333written posts
offlinecurrently
aliasFrosty
pronouns*shrugs*
164written posts
offlinecurrently
On my Devil May Cry shtick again
Stallas Avatar
Mature-looking women is for sure one of the hardest categories to FC. They exist in a lot of media, but are not popular among artists I suppose.

I've had better luck with Korean or Chinese illustrations for this.

Speaking of Mihoyo gachas, they have a lot of older-looking characters as well and are practically drowning in art - so I see why they're so widely used. I am getting fatigued with their designs though, like the girls often have the same Chinese-feudal-flowy-rimmed-with-metal-dress with tights or thigh-highs.

You don't have to play Genshin or Honkai to see one of their characters and be like 'yep'. It's like recognizing Sakimichan's art randomly while you browse.

My usual go to for hoyoverse FC's is typically pulling from some of their older, less western popular titles. Like GGZ and HI3. Because honestly some of the time the characters get modern looking or plain clothes skins and outfits so it makes using them in modern settings a lot easier. But also I really only use Himeko from HI3. (I like that looks way better) Which actually works in my favor because the HI3 Himeko and the HSR Himeko look different enough that you can totally get away with both FC's existing on one site lmao.
aliasThe Moustachioed Greek
pronounshe/him
202written posts
Kostearned bits
offlinecurrently
Kost
Kost Avatar
D-d-digimon!
disco Avatar
I'm going to say it. I know I'm an absolute hater, but can we please chill on the Genshin / Honkai faces? They're nice sure, but I'm so tired of seeing someone like Zhongli or Blade everywhere I look. It's giving, "Mom says it's my turn to play the XBOX." It's just like when everyone, and I mean everyone, was using that one guy from Touken Ranbu. You know the guy.

OMG I remember that guy from Touken Ranbu lmaooooo

I'm indifferent to Genshin FCs at this point. I've used one in the past. I think they look cute, but their outfits just kill my immersion. They're so clearly dressed for a fantasy setting, yet I've seen people using them in modern/semi-realistic settings.

I usually search safebooru for whatever FC best fits my OC as I have envisioned them and go with that, but sometimes I might just pick an FC that I think looks cute and build an OC around it.
last edit on Jan 12, 2024 14:19:47 GMT by Kost
no angel
aliasโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆ
pronounszimzala/bim
173written posts
ace.earned bits
offlinecurrently
ace.
ace. Avatar
I took a little piece of your heart, don't hate me.
i don't like genshin designs at all tbh (most of them look ai generated to me) but each character has a shitton of art on the boorus and a lot of that art is off model, in an interesting style, if you hate the og costumes you'll definitely find modern au fanart if you dig even a little, etc. imo a big part of the appeal is that you'll always have a ton of stuff to pick from for hovers, icons, gfx etc. etc.

anyway i will use columnbina/sandrone someday
last edit on Jan 12, 2024 19:38:49 GMT by ace.
pronounsAny
534written posts
offlinecurrently
hot take: people will complain about overused fcs always. Right now itโ€™s genshin. A bit before that it was vtubers being a hot take. Before that it was touken ranbu. Before THAT it was certain ff fcs. Before even that it was vocaloid and similar. It will always be the next thing.

I donโ€™t see it as anything to complain about. Let people like what they like, it doesnโ€™t really matter in the end.

Nobodyโ€™s saying you have to use any of these fcs after all.
Sometimes we were meant to meet. Sometimes I wonder where the heck you people came from.
kmsdvlajvkefk
pronounsshe/her
1,333written posts
offlinecurrently
๐น๐‘’๐“‡๐’ถ๐“ Avatar
I donโ€™t see it as anything to complain about. Let people like what they like, it doesnโ€™t really matter in the end.

While ia that people can like whatever they want as long as they aint hurtng anyone, i think people should also be allowed to complain and gripe if they want to as long as itโ€™s not in an explosive manner, or attacking someone.
pronounsAny
534written posts
offlinecurrently
๐Ÿ’– โ‡๏ธ baa ~ dumm! โ‡๏ธ ๐Ÿ’– Avatar
๐น๐‘’๐“‡๐’ถ๐“ Avatar

While ia that people can like whatever they want as long as they aint hurtng anyone, i think people should also be allowed to complain and gripe if they want to as long as itโ€™s not in an explosive manner, or attacking someone.
I do agree that people can complain, however it should also be taken into consideration that if the complaints are always about a certain series or art style and only that one - it runs the risk of people who use them to feel targeted and singled out and then it could lead to people being hurtful or judgemental when in reality someone just wanted to use a fc that has a gajillion pieces of art to use. Or just because they find the style pretty or whatever. 

Not at all saying people here have done this, but once it gets out of complaining and strays into harassment or the examples i just gave, then it becomes a major problem. I just find that sometimes complaining gets out of hand and people donโ€™t know where to draw the line between โ€œthis annoys meโ€ and bringing people down whether they intend to or not.
Sometimes we were meant to meet. Sometimes I wonder where the heck you people came from.