Faceclaim Confessions

kmsdvlajvkefk
aliastanzaku, tanz, tan-tan, egao, protag, chapel, tbotc
pronounsshe/her
1,333written posts
offlinecurrently
💖 ❇️ baa ~ dumm! ❇️ 💖 Avatar
emotional over wallace event/alt
The first batch of oc’s I made were just an excuse to use the art of Suikoden guys I had a crush on (aesthetically, as it turns out) + the two females - one sexy dancer and another martial artist - which underscored my type for athletic women to this day. 12-year-old tanz’s aesthetic for guys was long hair which i dont agree with anymore. But then if u chop their hair short suddenly my neurons are activating i have no defense.
aliashannyfish
pronounsshe/they
140written posts
hannyearned bits
offlinecurrently
hanny
hanny Avatar
on the rain-soaked veranda, a small rainbow at your feet.
idk if it's much of a confession per se but i used to have a philosophy that any animanga fc i used, i had to watch the anime. which was how i watched kakumeiki valvrave and honestly it changed my life.

actual confession: if there's multiple vocaloids or league fcs, it's probably my fault. i just think they're neat.

ashes to ashes, dust to dust
pronounsfeminine
383written posts
idindinearned bits
offlinecurrently
idindin
idindin Avatar
hanny Avatar
idk if it's much of a confession per se but i used to have a philosophy that any animanga fc i used, i had to watch the anime. which was how i watched kakumeiki valvrave and honestly it changed my life.

actual confession: if there's multiple vocaloids or league fcs, it's probably my fault. i just think they're neat.
HEY MOOD. 

any gacha fcs i use that i really like, i make it a point to actually get them in-game. idk. it feels like i'd have more /right/ to use them that way ha ha

though i think that might be more because i'm attracted by their designs, so i wanna know more about them. worth.
local boogeyman
aliasbex, jeepers cats
pronounsshe/any
730written posts
sister ghoulearned bits
offlinecurrently
sister ghoul
Part of the Furniture
sister ghoul Avatar
they pull the axe out your face and say "was it the boogeyman?"
i may have possibly more fcs hoarded than anyone here (quite literally thousands of them) and yet, i will go back to the same handful bc goddamnit i just love  shirow miwa's art style so much.
last edit on Dec 25, 2023 22:57:50 GMT by sister ghoul

aliashannyfish
pronounsshe/they
140written posts
hannyearned bits
offlinecurrently
hanny
hanny Avatar
on the rain-soaked veranda, a small rainbow at your feet.
idindin Avatar
HEY MOOD. 

any gacha fcs i use that i really like, i make it a point to actually get them in-game. idk. it feels like i'd have more /right/ to use them that way ha ha

though i think that might be more because i'm attracted by their designs, so i wanna know more about them. worth.

to be fair, i've slacked on it more recently considering the existence of genshin - i stopped playing halfway through sumeru, but the fontaine characters got me choked fr. using neuvillette for example makes me want to pick the game back up just to experience what he's like in the game but then i'd be playing for 50 years just to get to fontaine ffff

ashes to ashes, dust to dust
aliasBunny
pronounsThey/Them/Their
151written posts
★BUNNY★earned bits
offlinecurrently
★BUNNY★
★BUNNY★ Avatar
hanny Avatar
idindin Avatar
HEY MOOD. 

to be fair, i've slacked on it more recently considering the existence of genshin - i stopped playing halfway through sumeru, but the fontaine characters got me choked fr. using neuvillette for example makes me want to pick the game back up just to experience what he's like in the game but then i'd be playing for 50 years just to get to fontaine ffff

Trust me. It would be worth it. Fontaine's current story narrative has been marked the best yet (Even if Fontaine is annoying).

I guess my confession would be that I just admit I am guilty of more "elegant" face-claims than those that are more edgy on the eyes. After playing the cliche, MANRY role...it just burnt out so quickly. So it is very rare if I pick up such a Face-Claim.

(But I admit...Luka from Star Rail is tempting because...LOOK AT HIM!!!!)
aliasJen, DeJener8
pronounsShe/her
256written posts
Jenesisearned bits
offlinecurrently
Jenesis
Jenesis Avatar
hanny Avatar

I also used to have this philosophy

The corollary I now use is "If I use an animanga fc from a source media I haven't personally watched/read/played, I should at least learn about their character so I don't accidentally end up writing a straight expy of the canon character"
aliasFrosty
pronouns*shrugs*
164written posts
«Fr¤§t¥»earned bits
offlinecurrently
«Fr¤§t¥»
«Fr¤§t¥» Avatar
On my Devil May Cry shtick again
My partner used to have a habit of getting figurines of the FCs they use for characters. Which makes gift giving(For birthdays, christmas, anniversaries) super easy for me because they have like a million characters. So far I've gotten them two, (C.C. and Yor) and plan on getting them more.(Makima, Zero two, Saber Alter) 
the waking storm
aliasLuxu, TenebraeQueene
pronounsShe/They
313written posts
Galeforceearned bits
offlinecurrently
Galeforce
Galeforce Avatar
covered in scars but roses are coming through the cracks
i have a habit of not taking a fc i don't know the source of. ie, if i never read/watched/played even a tiny bit of it's source material, i'm reluctant to use them for my oc's fc. i've slowly been breaking away from that mindset. but, man is it hard sometimes!

edit: oh, beaten to this by LOL. but yeah, my point still stands LMAO.

i also refuse to use a fc that doesn't have at least 5 pages of fanart to look at. AND the fanart has to be HIGH QUALITY! so that narrows down my searches really badly sometimes.
last edit on Dec 31, 2023 23:20:10 GMT by Galeforce
kmsdvlajvkefk
aliastanzaku, tanz, tan-tan, egao, protag, chapel, tbotc
pronounsshe/her
1,333written posts
offlinecurrently
💖 ❇️ baa ~ dumm! ❇️ 💖 Avatar
emotional over wallace event/alt
Proud 2 say i use fc’s with very few fanart. Like rn my choice is between this art and… nothing else but it’s also the perfect art so i guess quality over quantity? Honestly, even with those with thousands of fanart (eg. hilda from fe) i found my options few bc of the art style/aesthetic im after. It’s very important for me that i get the vibe and i am perfectly happy to settle with 1 fanart forever

Older futch from suikoden 3 is one example. I had really considered replacing the fc with ike but it was just too perfect and so the og stayed

Im also using pinako rockbell rn and uh 0 fanart lmao but i made do with official art

I’ve also had to deal with the same stuff back in my panfandom days. Not a lot of fanart of ikemen frederic chopin BUT there was one that was so beautiful i feel blessed for being alive… and it has been deleted from pixiv… but i have it saved.. sorry og artist…

Actuallly now tha ti think abt it i had to deal with this issue way more with my panfan chara choices over oc fc’s haha. Arshtat from suikoden, toto from legend of mana, nashetanya from rokka, king bradley who is specifically old and injured (so post battle with scar)… but they all somehow one golden fanart that is very close to my heart. I am very fond of them

… now that i think abt it even with the one time i did the irl fc, i was stuck that i was perfectly content with

Despite this i do love looking for art for posting in dev stuff.
etch o' sketch
aliasyung ecchi god
pronounsshe/they
149written posts
yung ecchiearned bits
offlinecurrently
yung ecchi
yung ecchi Avatar
you and i are gonna live forever.
I like using characters as face claims are are usually side characters in their respective source material; they might have 100+ (i.e. Matou Sakura from Fate/, Rhea from Fire Emblem) pages of art or like… less than 10 pages of “quality” / usable art (i.e. Quanxi from Chainsaw Man, Ghislaine Dedoldia from Mushoku Tensei, Riza Hawkeye from Fullmetal Alchemist). I favor playing women, and if you know me from previous sites I like playing women with… erm, big assets.

Yeah I like big boobs, yeah I’m a coomer, what of it. :clueless:

But before my break I was leaning out of that. Nowadays I prefer buff or androgynous women. I also like playing male characters that are bald for some reason (I really want to use Rude from Final Fantasy as a face claim one day…) I also have a soft spot for buff male face claims. Toudou Aoi my beloved. Uzui Tengen please call me back. Halsin… save me…
aliasJen, DeJener8
pronounsShe/her
256written posts
Jenesisearned bits
offlinecurrently
Jenesis
Jenesis Avatar
scarlet Avatar
I really prefer female FCs that look like, well, adults. I don't know how else to put this, but sometimes in animanga, the female FCs look so, so young.

Right?

You have no shortage of masc faces of all ages and body types but sometimes is2g it's nigh impossible to find a fem fc who looks unambiguously over the age of 30, regardless of the character's actual age

if you rule out exaggerated body proportions the pool shrinks even more

last edit on Jan 9, 2024 3:31:50 GMT by Jenesis